Ladies LP, 11/26/11 at 5AM EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP, 11/26/11 at 5AM EST

Art&Sport

Medalist
Alena fixed her hair and put on some makeup... wow. Guess she listened to some of the critiques. But I'm not sure there's any hope for her sp look, unless she completely overhauls it.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I admire Leonova so much. Heart and soul, for all to see. She really is living up to these musical selections. A shame about the mistakes at the end.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I like this new sophisticated look of Alena, honestly didn't even recognize her. A couple of wild landings, a fall, but overall good job, and she seems to be loved by the crowd the most. It's a Russian thing. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Now comes Mao, ahhh, the sublime poetic Mao. Talk about wearing her heart on her sleeve. :) I like what one poster stated in some thread about how her Mao's old coach, her first coach maybe? said that Mao's greatest weakness would be her gentle spirit. So true.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Here and unaccounted for ;) . Have read the whole thread. Thanks. I am sorry to hear that Mao is having problems.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Mao! Really little competition here and she shouldn't have messed that up. I hope her marks hold up.

ETA:
Happy she prevailed! Sweet Mao butterfly!

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Mao just lost this competition to Leonova.

Yup.

eta: Whew Glad I was wrong. Congrats to Mao for pulling off the win and Congrats to Alena and Adelina.

Not Mao's best but good enough. The Russian ladies should be proud of themselves they skated a very good competition even though
not one of the top three was perfect.

Sofia B. I really liked her. I have not heard to much about her usually the talk is all about the the other Russian wonder-girls. Very talented young lady.

Missed the first group, I will have to catch up on demand.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ah, Mao skates like a dream, it's honestly like watching poetry. She's a combo. of Oksana & Michelle in my eyes, such a gentle spirit.

Lol I was praying "double it double" as she was going into her first jump the 2A. :) She's not competing against Yuna, so she can let it go, and just skate. Still recall her crying backstage at the Olympics, heartbreaking.

When she does those two big crossover strokes during the middle of the program she reminds me of Michelle in "Fields of Gold". :)

She'll most likely finish 2nd, but I don't care. :)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Oh wow, she still won. I disagree with that and I'm really surprised she was able to pull that score. It shows how well primed she is to win the World Championships this season, though.

Trewyn

Medalist
So what does this mean for the final? Does Alena's score count or are Mao and Adelina in?