Ladies LP, 11/26/11 at 5AM EST | Golden Skate

Ladies LP, 11/26/11 at 5AM EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
Might as well start this thread sometime. :)

I'm well rested, thank goodness, and ready to roll for the next 5 hours, unlike yesterday, which honestly wore me out. Lol was even going to throw in the towel right before the men skated, but then that unsupervised backstage video coverage at the hotel woke me up & made me stay for the long haul. :biggrin:

Here's hoping we get more of that "hidden camera" stuff tonight. :laugh:

NOTE: edited original title to reflect EST, not my time in the PNW. :D

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Do I really want to stay up and sit through this? I know it will be impossibly boring - 3 tepid American women, Mao's sub-par "Visions of Love" program, and Adelina's awful "Visions of Love" program. Oh dear.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Okay, here they come.

Btw, I've been wondering about the multi-colored seats in the arena, are they supposed to be that way in order to "trick" viewers in to believeing that there are more spectators than what is reality? :confused: :biggrin:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Skate Order (copied & pasted from the ISU site):

Ladies - Free Skating

Starting Order

StN. Name Nation Rank Points
Warm-Up Group 1
1 Christina GAO USA
10 39.64
2 Amelie LACOSTE CAN
9 50.63
3 Rachael FLATT USA
8 53.36
4 Agnes ZAWADZKI USA
7 53.81
5 Haruka IMAI JPN
6 55.20
Warm-Up Group 2
6 Kiira KORPI FIN
5 55.81
7 Sofia BIRYUKOVA RUS
4 56.30
8 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS
3 57.79
9 Alena LEONOVA RUS
2 63.91
10 Mao ASADA JPN
1 64.29

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
Yuka Sato is so beautiful. I want her to produce the other half of the genes for at least one of my children.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Warmup over, Gao 1st! :)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHRISTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
My heart is hurting right now. Christina. :cry:

I hope she's done growing and can get used to her new body.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Gao

3F - stepout
2A
3Lz - flutz, bad fall
CCoSp - slow
LSp
3F - fall
3Lo - stepout
1S
ChSp
3T+2T
SlSt
FSSp

Nadine

Record Breaker
What a sad skate for Christina - had a hard fall on the 3L (hard time getting back up), the another fall with the 3F, opted out of the 3S, but I like her three turns into the 3R, but then she doubled footed. And she's crying now. :cry: So sad. :cry: Orser says "we'll get through this, okay, we'll get through this".

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice jumps by the Candian, however after she landed on two feet with the last 2A, she got cautious.

Still, all the time I hear this music I get misty-eyed and think of Nicole Bobek, whom had the best choreographed program to this Evita music imho.

Only Nicole could have rivalled Sonja Henie in star power if she had miraculously won the Olympics. Not only was she a gorgeous blonde, but she had loads of personality, ah, memories. :love: :)

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
LMAO. I just can't. This program. Such a joke. At least Flatt isn't falling apart, though.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I love Rachael, what a joy it is to watch her skate! :clap: :love:

Can't believe I'm crying, not just for Rach, but also during the middle of her performance I was thinking of Yukari Nakano, she truly was the Firebird, heartbreaking she never made it to the Olympics, missed out on it by a smidgen both times. :cry: :cry:

auser

Record Breaker
Nice jumps by the Candian, however after she landed on two feet with the last 2A, she got cautious.

Still, all the time I hear this music I get misty-eyed and think of Nicole Bobek, whom had the best choreographed program to this Evita music imho.

Only Nicole could have rivalled Sonja Henie in star power if she had miraculously won the Olympics. Not only was she a gorgeous blonde, but she had loads of personality, ah, memories. :love: :)
Thanks for the memories, Nadine. Loved Nicole's lovely spirals and vibrancy.