Pairs LP, Saturday 11/26/11, 6:45AM EST | Golden Skate

Pairs LP, Saturday 11/26/11, 6:45AM EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol they show Mishin and he raises his fist in victory. :biggrin: Lol I recall him doing the same exact thing with Elizaveta at last year's Jr. Worlds. :love: And Elizaveta smiling/laughing. :laugh:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice skate by this young RUS pair, though they did clash a bit upon the landing of the split triple twist, also she singled her sbs jump. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
I really like this young Canadian pair and this program, too bad about the two falls, but they have a lot of potential imho. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
I missed the beginning of this young American Pairs' program b/c my 'puter crashed, but I got to see everything else. I enjoy their sbs spins, they're better than D&S in that regards, faster, synchronized, and closer together. Too bad about the fall on the throw jump.

ps: also they honestly look like brother & sister, what a match!

Nadine

Record Breaker
5 minute warmup for next group, break time! :)

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2011/SEG006.HTM

Pairs - Free Skating

Live Results

Last scored:
Ashley CAIN / Joshua REAGAN USA
Technical Elements 43.75
Program Components 47.24
Deductions 2.00
Segment Score 88.99

Current Rank in Free Skating 2
Overall Score 138.02
Current Overall Rank 2

Warm-up group is on the ice.

Next:
Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS
Score after Short Program 51.73
Rank after Short Program 4
Seasons Best in Free Skating 88.25
Points to beat 97.22

Current Overall Standing

Pl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Katarina GERBOLDT / Alexander ENBERT RUS
148.94 7 1
2 Ashley CAIN / Joshua REAGAN USA
138.02 5 2
3 Brittany JONES / Kurtis GASKELL CAN
136.54 6 3

Segment Result Details

Pl. Name Nation TSS
= TES
+ PCS
+ SS TR PE CH IN Ded.
- StN.
1 Katarina GERBOLDT / Alexander ENBERT RUS 101.54 53.37 48.17 6.25 5.75 5.96 6.18 5.96 0.00 #1
2 Ashley CAIN / Joshua REAGAN USA 88.99 43.75 47.24 6.00 5.64 5.89 6.04 5.96 2.00 #3
3 Brittany JONES / Kurtis GASKELL CAN 88.78 46.73 44.05 5.68 5.39 5.46 5.57 5.43 2.00 #2

Remaining Starting Order

StN. Name Nation Rank Points
4 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS
4 51.73
5 Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA
3 60.13
6 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS
2 65.17
7 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER
1 68.72

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Strange coloured tights this girl is wearing.

This is rather disastrous, right from the weird beginning and that dropping of her.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, when he dropped her at the end during that lift I almost faineted, verdad! :eek:

Okay, back to the beginning, just when I was admiring their likeness to a Meissen figurine entitled "Winter", he drops her at the very beginning when they're basically doing nothing, then they came back with strong jumps, then another fall during the throw jump, and finally that last one!!!! :eek:

Seriously, I don't think he's the guy for her...

Nadine

Record Breaker
This Italian pair started out very strong with that fabulous sbs 3/2/2 combo., but then petered out as the program continued, especially her singling that one sbs jump. However, I like their sbs spins. Donlan & Speroff need to attain sbs spins like that imho.

ps: back to that RUS pair that skated before them, I enjoyed their low hydroplane synchronized move, reminiscent of B&K at the 1998 Olympics. :cool:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
And they go into first! :eek: eta. The Russians that is.

Now the Italians go ahead of them and have won themselves a medal.

Now the big guns.

K/S are skating with a lightness to go with the music. Beautiful.

Near flawless. Everythign done with ease and elegance. A mesmerizing performance.

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
This is their best program ever imho! :clap: It really suits them (even though my 'puter crashed half way through). :(

It brings to mind the first Twilight movie wherein this music is played when Edward shows his gf his bedroom. :)

And I particularly love how he throws her, just like Sergie, feet never leaving the ice, continuous flow, the RUS technique, the correct technique. . . :love:

lisou

On the Ice
Does anybody have a working British Eurosport link ? The Hahasport one shows me nothing and I only have a belated Russian one so I can't follow it with you guys.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Only mistake from S/S was a stepout on the 2A from her. K/S and S/S back to back here were insane. If K/S don't get a fair shot at the world title this season, I'll will be royally pissed. What beauty from both teams. What magnificence. SO so so happy.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Her form is too sloppy & unfinished for my taste. They remind me of circus performers.

I will always prefer style & substance over flash & dash. Classic over modern. Old school versus new school.

Jmho.

ps: I love K&S's 2A/2A combo. sequence, solid, and lovely. :)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Of course, there is a tonne of substance in S/S' performance. That choreography really is incredibly ambitious, though it's definitely modern. But that is slowly becoming one of my all time favourite programs.