It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... | Golden Skate

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So my parents are hosting Christmas for our family for the first time in about ten years. My grandmother - the one who had a stroke two years ago right before Christmas - is only doing fair at this point and I think dad is worried this will be one of the last Christmases we have with her (in either an "all there" capacity or at all, if that makes sense). So we're having our own version of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, I guess you could say. EVERY room is getting decked out. The yard looks like Santa Claus threw up all over it. Every day dad goes to Home Depot for more lights or more wood to build things. It's fantastic.

I LOVE Christmas. One of my two favorite holidays. I can't wait for them to finally say "we're done" so I can get pics of the final product... All I get to do is decorate my bathroom :laugh: I've got a Snowman theme (some of them are skating, and lots are Snowdens!). I noticed a lot of the stuff we're putting up this year is stuff we acquired after loved ones passed. My Snowden collection is actually my grandfather's who passed a few New Years Eve's ago. The decorations moms putting up are all his. The angel at the top of our tree is actually mine and was given to me by my Great Aunt who has been gone for 16 years... it's weird... but it makes it that much more special I think.

anyone else going all out for the holidays?