4Conts tickets | Golden Skate

4Conts tickets

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Just got my 4 Conts ticket. If you want specific seats (I like front row on an isle) just use the Ticketswest number on the 4 conts website, otherwise, you take a chance for any section you want.
http://www.2012fourcontinents.com/

By the way, Ticket sales for Omaha2013, where you can choose your individual seat, seem to me to be less than stellar....I am still the only one in my front row, for instance. Come on, guys, I PROMISE I will use deoderant this event and leave my service/attack dog at home....:laugh:

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
But Chris, 6 or 7 rows up is a much better seat :laugh:

It really is! I tried to get a higher row for 4CC but the two sections I wanted on the judges' side were unavailable. The USFSA must've blocked them all out. :mad: I had to get the first row in order to sit on that side (and not in the corner).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It really is! I tried to get a higher row for 4CC but the two sections I wanted on the judges' side were unavailable. The USFSA must've blocked them all out. :mad: I had to get the first row in order to sit on that side (and not in the corner).

they normally do. that's where they sit their people/high profile alum/etc. (great place to "snag seats")

if anyone wants to pay my airfare I will come along!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Doris, you take all the seventh row seats you want! :laugh: At one event, I did a bunch of testing on what rows would be acceptable and what would not (I'm 6 ft 2 in. so its not like I am looking over the boards like Morozov anyway). I decided that row seven was about it if the arena pitch was good (not Cleveland). Its a personal matter of what perspective a person likes, I think. Besides, I can see all the pretty girls better if I am closer. :clap:
Worlds 2013 could be tough to get a good seat...all those pesky Canuks will get the good seats!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I like to see the pattern of the program on the ice, especially in dance, and you really can't do that from ice level. Also I'm short, and the boards are an obstruction to me. The only good thing about ice level was that you could see faces and fangirl after the programs without walking far. However, I am too shy to fangirl, so row 6 or 7 is it :)

But utter horror is a tall person with a big hat in front of me, especially if the angle of the tiers is rather shallow.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
they normally do. that's where they sit their people/high profile alum/etc. (great place to "snag seats")

if anyone wants to pay my airfare I will come along!

I've bought tickets on the judges' side lots of times. Seems rather excessive for them to block out almost one whole side of the arena for their people. :frown: I figure there will probably be lots of empty seats, though, so if I want to take better photos I'll probably be able to move up from the first row.

CoyoteChris, you're right about Cleveland! That was one of the worst arenas for seat pitch I've ever been to.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I bet you are right about the empty seats. Having just come from Spokane Nats 2007 the last time I went to 4 conts, I was flabergasted that here I was a few lousy miles from Denver, in skatetown USA, and there were no people. I walked into the arena the first day and there was no fanfest...no nothing....so I sat next to a distinguished looking lady in the empty arena watching ice dance practice and introduced myself and asked if she was a big skating fan, hoping to get some info on what happens. She chuckled politely in an English accent and said she was Doreen Denney, and she won ice dance worlds in 1959 and 1960. She was a wonderful and kind person and I hope to see her again this year, and also that wonderful Broadmore Gala show....
Doris, utter horror is a big person with a big hat ahead of you and you are sitting in folding chairs in row two and the first two rows with no pitch....waving around a camera the size of a bazooka!

I think I will put up some pics of cleveland on my website....yuch.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Chris, Back when Mr. Ski was using a motorized scooter, we bought seats at ice level for St. Louis Nationals, having spent primo bucks for the privilege. In folding chairs. With a huge camera in front of us. We finally were able to finagle some seats in the area off the mezzanine behind where the goalie cage would be...which had a much better view than the expensive seats at ice level. I will never pay for those kind of seats again.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Chris, Back when Mr. Ski was using a motorized scooter, we bought seats at ice level for St. Louis Nationals, having spent primo bucks for the privilege. In folding chairs. With a huge camera in front of us. We finally were able to finagle some seats in the area off the mezzanine behind where the goalie cage would be...which had a much better view than the expensive seats at ice level. I will never pay for those kind of seats again.

I was going to say I hope that wasn't me, but St. Louis was when I stupidly packed the wrong lens and didn't realize it until day THREE of nationals *facepalm*

I also like being a few rows up from on ice, just for picture taking. Easier to zoom in and out when you have wiggle room...