Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season

FTnoona

Final Flight
I'd rather trust the audience much more than those usual suspects from Canada.

Kurt really liked him and had positive things to say about him. Does anyone know if he covered worlds? I'm interested to hear Michael Weiss commentary on Hanyu's FS if he covered worlds. Did not enjoy Peter Carruthers and the other person at all for any of the skaters.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Hanyu is likely Patrick's biggest threat in the next couple of years, so no wonder the Canadians (including certain posters) are trying to put him down all the time, which is ridiculous. If they can remove all the national pride and loyalty aside, they'd able to see this is one special skater. It is good then to see Kurt who I totally respect seems to really appreciate this kid who is certainly more than just about laundry list of jumps which is more than what I can say about certain potty mouthed skater prone to inflation when he was 17.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Hanyu is likely Patrick's biggest threat in the next couple of years, so no wonder the Canadians (including certain posters) are trying to put him down all the time, which is ridiculous. If they can remove all the national pride and loyalty aside, they'd able to see this is one special skater. It is good then to see Kurt who I totally respect seems to really appreciate this kid who is certainly more than just about laundry list of jumps which is more than what I can say about certain potty mouthed skater prone to inflation when he was 17.
:laugh: It could be just a trivial envy. After all Hanyu was the only teen after those arrogant Russians who could medal at worlds at his first appearance. And his FS with some laundry list of jumps beats all possible records on youtube- almost 268,908 views on raptor2205 channel just after a few days. You go, boy!
People from Mao's fan forum that attended the practice session for the gala said Hanyu was jumping a lot of 3A.
He and Dai were actually the only two who landed 3A in gala. They didn't play safe or easy even at exhibition, just like professionals are supposed to do. I wish he would get better and would take part in gala at WTT as a guest skater. But it seems unlikely since he is not taking part in the event.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoahbBsaEwo

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
let's talk said:
He and Dai were actually the only two who landed 3A in gala. They didn't play safe or easy even at exhibition, just like professionals are supposed to do.

They're both just amazing, aren't they? That's something you can see in pretty much all of their performances, eventhough Hanyu is getting tired at the end, they really want to give the crowd their due. They're not just trying to catch marks or medals, they really want to entertain the crowd and give them what they want to see.
No wonder people in the audience are loving them!=D

I feel the need to agree about some people trying to talk Hanyu down, especially from the 'Chan side'. He had about 92 in TES this time, that's just 4 points less than Chans performance at last years worlds! If Hanyu adds the 4S, maybe instead of the 3S, he'd get 6 points more in BV already... and would likely beat Chan with his current jump layout in TES, maybe even if clean. Of course he doesn't have the PCS.... yet :biggrin:
Chan will know that aswell, so I think he'll step it up to next season, maybe adding a second 3A or something... but I fear more difficulty will lead to more mistakes again. And than the arguments will just pop up again and again.
(Although of course, for some people there doesn't need to be an ill will or something, they might just not like his skating and look for different things in a skater... but P.J. Kwong definitly belongs to the group of people that tend to make me shake my head at best.)
Kurt Browing made it clear he loved hanyu more than once, didn't he? Wasn't he even the one to say he was one of the candidates for bronze?
And wasn't he the one who said this WC made it clear to him Takahashi was the best skater worldwide by now? He doesn't seem to be much into Chan in my eyes "xD

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe PJ Wong is starting to feel the heat for her boy Chan. After all for all the great men's skaters that Canada has had they still have never won an Olympic gold medal. Now comes along this kid who can jump better then Chan could at his age and has two more years to improve.

Becki

Medalist
Maybe PJ Wong is starting to feel the heat for her boy Chan. After all for all the great men's skaters that Canada has had they still have never won an Olympic gold medal. Now comes along this kid who can jump better then Chan could at his age and has two more years to improve.

Let's be honest, Hanyu is a phenom. I haven't read any comments on Chan's fans trying to bring Hanyu down, but that is a sign that Hanyu is a big threat to him. May they all keep improving and challenge each other :)

Lunna

On the Ice
I translated it as much as possible.
Thanks a ton for your translations! It's very interesting to know Yuzuru a little more. He seems to be smart boy, very determined and competitive. Love him even more now )))
I just hope that he'll not have any big injuries (unfortunately it's hard to escape them at all in this sport), wish him speed recovery and good rest now.

Serious Business

Record Breaker

Becki

Medalist
It's the release from the Biellmann that makes it a bad move for Hanyu. His leg springs back down violently. He doesn't do enough revolutions with the Biellmann to make it an effective move, either. I think he should drop it.

I think it's just one of Hanyu's favourite positions. He's been doing it since he was a little kid, so it gives him confidence. I agree, he should remove it from the next season on, unless it really fits into the music.

FTnoona

Final Flight
It's the release from the Biellmann that makes it a bad move for Hanyu. His leg springs back down violently. He doesn't do enough revolutions with the Biellmann to make it an effective move, either. I think he should drop it.

Agreed. He should definitely do another position b/c he could get more points for his spin that way. It looks like he sometimes has a difficult time staying on the sweet spot of the blade during his spin too makes it look too labored.

Last edited:

Nattou

Rinkside
I'm totally new here :)
I read some last pages, but still couldn't find out whether Yuzuru injured his right ankle before or during the FS (the bizarre fall >_<) in Worlds. So was it before or during the FS?

That face alone deserves +3 GOE.

This cracked me up. True, that face is priceless. I swear I will never ever forget the exciting and touching feeling when I was watching him skating his FS on live stream. Supreme and phenomenal!

About Yuzuru's spin, I also think he should drop one that he did right before he made that priceless face. I think he's way above the position of that spin, just personal opinion.

Last edited:

FTnoona

Final Flight
I read some last pages, but still couldn't find out whether Yuzuru injured his right ankle before or during the FS (the bizarre fall >_<) in Worlds. So was it before or during the FS?

This cracked me up. True, that face is priceless. I swear I will never ever forget the exciting and touching feeling when I was watching him skating his FS on live stream. Supreme and phenomenal!

About Yuzuru's spin, I also think he should drop one that he did right before he made that priceless face. I think he's way above the position of that spin, just personal opinion.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM :biggrin:

He was injured before the FS and had to get painkillers injected into him (from other posters). He had an ankle injury during the GP series too so it may have never healed (my guess). Peter Carruthers also hates the A spin and said the same exact thing as you "he is so above that position in the spin".

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Nattou, Welcome to Golden Skate! May you post long and often!!