Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season

K

kilyca

can yuzuru speak english? i can't seem to find any clips of him speaking....
It became late, but I reply to it.

He told that he was weak in English before.
However, he seems to be able to reading and hearing a conversation only a little.
And it was said that he took the communication by a gesture somehow.
He can image the English word, but, like many Japanese, it seems to be hard to express it by a conversation. If he will training under a foreign coach in the future, like Miki Ando and Daisuke, his English may improve.

Becki

Medalist
just out of curiousity - does anyone know if Yuzuru or any member of Team Japan is romantically linked to another skater??

seniorita

Record Breaker
Latest news on the Japanese skaters with a special focus on Yuzuru, broadcasted on Fuji TV last night.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ML6fjaD0O0
Is this Arakawa talking? Thanx for vid!:)
:clap:I’m kinda surprised that Plushy said Hanyu is the one to beat instead of someone like Chan…At which interview did Plushy say this? Does anyone know?
I don't know the whole story behind this, but often an athlete will diss another one by ignoring him.
He has talked about Hanyu in many interviews like 2010
For example, the junior world champion Yuzuru Hanyu is very emotional, malleable, a brilliant athlete. He already performs the most complex elements. I was offered big money to work with him, but I refused. Firstly, because he will be my opponent...

since they toured Japan in summer 2010 but one recent I found that I think the poster was refering to is this one from Cor 2011

- First place of the 16-y. o. Japanese Yuzuru Hanyu was unexpected for you?
- He is going towards his aim for a long time. Sometimes he lacks stability, but this is due to his age. There growing a very serious competitor for our country, our athletes and for me personally. At practices the Japanese does two quads - Salchow and toe loop in combination. Just few cross-overs (несколько перебежек) - and two difficult jumps. We performed at the exhibitions in Japan. Igor Bobrin worked with him, and his victory in Moscow is logical.

So I think mentioning Chan was rather irrelevant.

doctor2014

On the Ice
Thanks, seniorita.
just out of curiousity - does anyone know if Yuzuru or any member of Team Japan is romantically linked to another skater??
Hanyu is not romantically linked to anyone. He has never had a girlfirend.

As for other Japanese skaters, I heard that Asada is romantically linked to Kozuka and Daisuke admitted he fell in love with Yukina Ota at first sight. :love: Yukina is such a lucky girl. Why aren’t they dating?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Thanks, seniorita.

As for other Japanese skaters, I heard that Asada is romantically linked to Kozuka and Daisuke admitted he fell in love with Yukina Ota at first sight. :love: Yukina is such a lucky girl. Why aren’t they dating?

I've heard that Kozuka likes Mao, but I don't believe they are a couple. As far as I know, Mao has never had a boyfriend, and I think she just likes Kozuka as a friend, though they have become very close through sharing the same coach. I believe Kozuka has admitted openly, however, that he has feelings for Mao, but I don't believe the relationship has progressed to anything more than friendship, at this point.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Thanks, seniorita.

Lol... Hanyu is romantically linked to his Pooh bear and his Plushy wrist band :) Which are just as good as girlfriends at age 16, or is that 17 now.

Please focus to win a world or Olympic championship Hanyu first! No girls for you otherwise! Pah..... girls are useless and will just distract you, there are plenty of supplies after believe me! :p

Although I follows the theory, those who falls in love or experience trauma early will have better sense of interpretation and emotional range (which he has plenty). So maybe that is the secret of Hanyu's success which is best to be shushed about.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well realtionships can add to your future interpretation but it can also devastate you so that you become a basket case ie. Dube and Davison who eventually split. Bryce was never the same after Jessica left him for his best friend Scott Moir who unfortunately for Bryce is a bit brash and sort of therefore rubbed it in. Bryce was like a broken hearted puppy especially since Jessica and Scott claimed they weren't dating. The point is not to gossip but rather when we are young we have hormones and emotions and well sometimes if not controlled it can ruin our focus in this case on skating.

clyte

Rinkside
The fact that is not romantic about Yuzuru.
Last year, Yuzuru answered question of Mai Asada "I had not been yet in love".
(Mai is older sister of Mao)
And, Mai asked Yuzuru. "Then, how do you express Romeo's love? "
Yuzu answered with shy. "I refer to it with comics or movies. and, image."
Other time, he said "I'm popular with small young girls".
They are girls of the skating rink same as him at around 7 years old.
Yuzu practices after school and holiday. Probably, as for the time dating with a girl, he doesn't have it.
And his family is strict with discipline. As of last year, it was forbidden by parents that he had a cell-phone. But he trusts parents and sister very much.
I think that he will not do that he ignores mother supporting him above all.
If there is a girl who wants to fall in love with Yuzuru. Even if she is very lonely, she endures time not to be able to meet him, and it is necessary to care about his family. It's too hard!

Last edited:

Becki

Medalist
The fact that is not romantic about Yuzuru.
Last year, Yuzuru answered question of Mai Asada "I had not been yet in love".
(Mai is older sister of Mao)
And, Mai asked Yuzuru. "Then, how do you express Romeo's love? "
Yuzu answered with shy. "I refer to it with comics or movies. and, image."
Other time, he said "I'm popular with small young girls".
They are girls of the skating rink same as him at around 7 years old.
Yuzu practices after school and holiday. Probably, as for the time dating with a girl, he doesn't have it.
And his family is strict with discipline. As of last year, it was forbidden by parents that he had a cell-phone. But he trusts parents and sister very much.
I think that he will not do that he ignores mother supporting him above all.
If there is a girl who wants to fall in love with Yuzuru. Even if she is very lonely, she endures time not to be able to meet him, and it is necessary to care about his family. It's too hard!

I thought it was financial issues prohibiting him to get a cell-phone? TBH, he's still young, there's no rush to get a girlfriend especially since there won't be a lot of added benefit :p

clyte

Rinkside
I thought it was financial issues prohibiting him to get a cell-phone? TBH, he's still young, there's no rush to get a girlfriend especially since there won't be a lot of added benefit :p
There is student discount in Japan and is usable cheaply. More than 96% of high school students have a cell-phone in Japan. But students accesses dangerous site with cell-phone, and it increases to be involved in crime. And they are social problems that there're many children who ignore parents, and get absorbed in email and games too much. Of course Yuzuru may not become so. But I think that his parents are anxious about such a thing.

You are right. He should do that he should do it now.
Let's cheer him together!

Becki

Medalist
There is student discount in Japan and is usable cheaply. More than 96% of high school students have a cell-phone in Japan. But students accesses dangerous site with cell-phone, and it increases to be involved in crime. And they are social problems that there're many children who ignore parents, and get absorbed in email and games too much. Of course Yuzuru may not become so. But I think that his parents are anxious about such a thing.

You are right. He should do that he should do it now.
Let's cheer him together!

Oh icic....for some reason, I always thought it was a financial issue. So how does Yuzuru get around without a cell phone? Does it rely on his parents and sister?

clyte

Rinkside
Oh icic....for some reason, I always thought it was a financial issue. So how does Yuzuru get around without a cell phone? Does it rely on his parents and sister?
I don't know how he does. And I don't know whether he had cell-phone recently.

Becki

Medalist
I promise myself if Yuzuru cracks top 3 in SP tomorrow, I will buy myself a celebratory cake LOL

FTnoona

Final Flight
I promise myself if Yuzuru cracks top 3 in SP tomorrow, I will buy myself a celebratory cake LOL

LOL that sounds cool and delicious. You should change that promise to the final flight if you really want that cake. Hasn't his jumping been really unstable/shaky at Nice? Kinda worried for him because without his big jumps, he doesn't have the PCS like the veteran skaters that will hold him up. May the skating gods smile upon Yuzu (does dance and offers a pooh bear) :yay::bow::p

treeloving

Medalist
LOL that sounds cool and delicious. You should change that promise to the final flight if you really want that cake. Hasn't his jumping been really unstable/shaky at Nice? Kinda worried for him because without his big jumps, he doesn't have the PCS like the veteran skaters that will hold him up. May the skating gods smile upon Yuzu (does dance and offers a pooh bear) :yay::bow::p

Please skate god, please! :yay::rock: