Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season

doctor2014

On the Ice
thank you kriwyr for your thoughtful posts about current religious belief trends in Japan. I was touched to hear Plushenko giftd him a cross and bangle. So actually, he is showing appreciation and respect to one of his skating idols to wear it. It changes my mind and softens my heart at its use.

I also like this little touching story between Plushy and Hanyu. :clap:

Plu has said "Hanyu is the one to beat." I think Sochi podium is within possibility for Hanyu. He has much time to mature and he looks to be a great competitor already. I could see him as Japan's first Olympic Gold medalist, perhaps in 2018 as you say.

I’m kinda surprised that Plushy said Hanyu is the one to beat instead of someone like Chan…
At which interview did Plushy say this? Does anyone know?

I don't know the whole story behind this, but often an athlete will diss another one by ignoring him. So Plushy may or may not believe that Hanyu has more potential than Chan as a rival. By saying that Hanyu is his main rival, he might just be implying that Chan is not someone he deems worthy of his attention. There's nothing wrong with this, if it's true.

Either way, the story of Plushy giving Hanyu that little gift shows a wonderful gesture of respect.

Becki

Medalist
I'm sorry. Because I am running out of time today, I cannot translate content.The contributor seems to intend to delete this video on the morning of 9th of the Japan time.I wrote in comment when "Please did not delete this video" for a contributor.I will pray for a video not being deleted tomorrow.

Okay...thanks. I am glad I can watch the video before it gets taken off tho (although I don't understand much) !! :)

K

kilyca

Okay...thanks. I am glad I can watch the video before it gets taken off tho (although I don't understand much) !! :)

Some content that I remember about the video.
(Permit my poor English.)

【A 17-year-old boy YUZURU HANYU thinking】
When it is hard, he watches a photograph when he evacuated.
Because he remembers hardest time, and it braces oneself up.

He visited the gymnasium of a school used as a refuge and talked about an experience of his own.
And,He talked in this way;
"I was not able to sleep to see the nightmare of the earthquake"
"Four we families spent it in very very small space." (450 people evacuated there)
"Teachers prepared food. And they apologized for food not being enough."
"I distributed a small rice ball(like the chicken egg) in two people and ate"
"It was not the situation that could say that I wanted to skate"

When it was spring, the appearance requests of the show rushed to him.
It was a good opportunity to obtain an exercise place for him.
However, in the days of a beginning, he hesitated about leaving the hometown.
This is because it felt him to be in this way.
"The situation that all the homefolks have a hard time very much now"
"Only oneself escapes from the place and does a favorite thing, and will it be good?"

The reaction from the audience and a homefolk to see his skating show was praise.
He got a letter of the encouragement from many people.
He felt the pressure in the expectation from neighboring people.
However, it became the courage of his own that people were pleased by his performance.

Finally,He promised that he did his best in the world championship.

Last edited:

Becki

Medalist
Some content that I remember about the video.
(Permit my poor English.)

【A 17-year-old boy YUZURU HANYU thinking】
When it is hard, he watches a photograph when he evacuated.
Because he remembers hardest time, and it braces oneself up.

He visited the gymnasium of a school used as a refuge and talked about an experience of his own.
And,He talked in this way;
"I was not able to sleep to see the nightmare of the earthquake"
"Four we families spent it in very very small space." (450 people evacuated there)
"Teachers prepared food. And they apologized for food not being enough."
"I distributed the small rice ball(like the chicken egg) in two people and ate"
"It was not the situation that could say that I wanted to skate"

When it was spring, the appearance requests of the show rushed to him.
It was a good opportunity to obtain an exercise place for him.
However, in the days of a beginning, he hesitated about leaving the hometown.
This is because it felt him to be in this way.
"The situation that all the homefolks have a hard time very much now"
"Only oneself escapes from the place and does a favorite thing, and will it be good?"

The reaction from the audience and a homefolk to see his skating show was praise.
He got a letter of the encouragement from many people.
He felt the pressure in the expectation from neighboring people.
However, it became the courage of his own that people were pleased by his performance.

Finally,He promised that he did his best in the world championship.

Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate it!! I really admire Yuzuru's courage, and his maturity for someone his age.....

I am without words; he's just such a great character :)

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I don't know the whole story behind this, but often an athlete will diss another one by ignoring him. So Plushy may or may not believe that Hanyu has more potential than Chan as a rival. By saying that Hanyu is his main rival, he might just be implying that Chan is not someone he deems worthy of his attention. There's nothing wrong with this, if it's true.
It seems like the words have been taken out of the context. I don't remember that Plush ever spoke ill about Chan or tried to diss him in any other form. On the contrary, even when his devoted fans asked him about Chan being repeatedly overscored in spite of all his mistakes, Plush normally left it without comments or said that Chan is doing a very good work and Plush will give him his "answer" in Sochi. Mishin did comment about Chan's abnormal score. But Plush- no. He learned from his own experience how easily the press can make things up or twist the words (all around Vancouver crap), so he prefers to stay diplomatic. Moreover, in one of his most recent interviews after RN with Flade, published in World Figure Skating magazine in Japan (in sales from March 3rd), he again mentioned Chan as one of his main rivals, together with Dai, Hanyu, and others. So, obviously he is not dissing chanadian and keeps the precious mister Chan in mind.
Plush praized Hanyu when the last one was still in junior. This year he is just keeping doing that and not without the reason. Considering the lack of ice, training hours and personal trauma (earthquake), that little Romeo made a really amazing work. He has unquie style, passion, speed, smooth edge and incredible jumps. I wonder what we will see from him in future seasons, when he becames more mature, obtains higher sophistication and has enough training hours. That will be something, no doubt. :) Quite logical to see him as a rival in 2014 and a possible OGM in 2018.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
how thoughtful

my 2 favorites !, I didn't know that Zhenya was the one who gave the cross pendant to Yuzuru
and its very respect of Yuzuru to use most of his gifts as luck charms and amulets :)
now I know why Zhenya said " Yuzuru is the one to beat "

he has a soft spot for him, I believe and its destined Yuzuru will become a superstar
he is the real deal, forget Dai or the mega hyped low Chan

K

kilyca

Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate it!! I really admire Yuzuru's courage, and his maturity for someone his age.....

I am without words; he's just such a great character :)

kilyca, Thank you so much for the translation.

It is part that I was able to translate.

One year just passed from an earthquake disaster.
I experienced that earthquake disaster, too and received the influence of the radiation by the nuclear plant accident.
Therefore I sympathize with YUZURU very much.

Last edited:
K

kilyca

I remembered that YUZURU said on a different video.It about his SP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI_-2_GghA0&feature=colike

It is talked about his complicated feelings that lost many things in a big disaster.
and The reason why he chose this music as.

YUZURU said in this way.
0:30
"Scriabin Etude in D# minor, op. 8 no. 12."
The title in the Japanese is "悲愴"(pathetic)

1:11
"wave ..., the sorrow about the tsunami, a violent wave, the calm sea. Those images appeared among oneself"

1:35
"It is a sad image"
"But I do not want a Japanese victim to feel sad".

I think that he was able to express it enough.

I add a postscript to that YUZURU said in this way.
"Do not fade The memory of the earthquake disaster. I want you to remember a stricken area by watching my skating."

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
thank you for the vids :)

I feel for him and I admire his toughness even in times of great troubles in his country

skateluvr

Record Breaker
May God help all the Japanese people marking 1 year anniversary of earthquake/tsunami/reactors meltdown. It is terrifying, the natural disasters. In America, tornados ripped thru several states in March! This is not tornado season. It usually happens beginning in June. The earth is very sick, and I hope everyone with faith in a higher being prays because the earth is clearly so sick. In my area we had snow in October, before the leaves even changed or fell. I do collage art with leafs or used to. 1994 was the last year I could find unblighted maple leaves in my area. Then the so called Asian beetles came in this decade and destroyed so many maples and we had to cut hundreds and still the spread is not secure. Between an ice storm 4 years ago and the Asian beetles, we lost so many trees. Parts of the area have a barren look. It is so upsetting to see the photos of Japanese tsumnami. The earth is out of balance and I think everyone is afraid as every week, there is natural disaster somewhere.

I don't think God will reverse what we humans are doing to the earth. The world mourns with Japan.

Thanks for those adorable videos. Who was the skater dressed like the samurai warrior? It was funny to see Brian's image pop up amidst all the japanese skaters. I would love to experience a show in Japan, or better a competition because the skaters like Mao and Dai are like rock stars. It must be very entertaining to experience this mania for skating in Japan. (or Korea for that matter!) Sad Yuna is not around anymore.

Last edited:
K

kilyca

May God help all the Japanese people marking 1 year anniversary of earthquake/tsunami/reactors meltdown. It is terrifying, the natural disasters. In America, tornados ripped thru several states in March! This is not tornado season. It usually happens beginning in June. The earth is very sick, and I hope everyone with faith in a higher being prays because the earth is clearly so sick. In my area we had snow in October, before the leaves even changed or fell. I do collage art with leafs or used to. 1994 was the last year I could find unblighted maple leaves in my area. Then the so called Asian beetles came in this decade and destroyed so many maples and we had to cut hundreds and still the spread is not secure. Between an ice storm 4 years ago and the Asian beetles, we lost so many trees. Parts of the area have a barren look. It is so upsetting to see the photos of Japanese tsumnami. The earth is out of balance and I think everyone is afraid as every week, there is natural disaster somewhere.

I don't think God will reverse what we humans are doing to the earth. The world mourns with Japan.

Thanks for those adorable videos. Who was the skater dressed like the samurai warrior? It was funny to see Brian's image pop up amidst all the japanese skaters. I would love to experience a show in Japan, or better a competition because the skaters like Mao and Dai are like rock stars. It must be very entertaining to experience this mania for skating in Japan. (or Korea for that matter!) Sad Yuna is not around anymore.

Yes, disaster happens to anyone so that you say.
The earth is not existence for only human prosperity.
So we get ready to reduce damage and must live.

In Japan, The warning was left on a monument and ancient documents and a historic spot and the place name which people several hundred years ago and 1,000 years ago made . " When big earthquake was generated, and a tsunami came to here." We thought it to be a mere old tale, and we overlooked the warning from ancient people.
But we modern people could leave a concrete picture and a scientific record.
It's same about the tornado and hurricane and abnormality of creature and etc.
There studies advance and should be able to reduce damage.

So, we Japanese don't forget that people different in religion to believe in gave prayer with the same feeling. Thanks!
As kriwyr1009 wrote it before, we welcome many gods. So, many gods of the world gave us wisdom and morality.

The name of the samurai skater is Tatsuki Machida(町田 樹). His unique expression is shown in 4CC of this year. If he becomes able to jump with confidence, more high ranks are not impossible. (it applies to Mura too)

The factor that Mao and Daisuke surely made popularity of the skating.
But now. All skaters are STARS in the ice show and competition, in Japan. Of course including foreign skaters!☆
The videos of many competitions and foreign skaters is uploaded in "nicovideo". We watch the broadcast content such as CBC and Universal Sports and Euro Sports and translated and enjoy them.
When we found that there was a vacant seats, on the video of a competition held in a foreign country "No way! I wanted to go there and wanted to sit in that seat!!!!!:eek: (ah...but had no time no money...orz)" we say together like that.
Japanese skate mania respects a personality and passion of the skaters very much.

If my English is strange, I'm sorry. Because grammar and expressions are too different in Japanese and English. But I don't give it up:)

Last edited:
K

kilyca

tumblr_lxqyrlWcS81r34cexo1_1280.jpg

Favorite collage Ninja YUZU

This link to the video site "nicovideo" of Japan. The collage clip that Yuzuru changes into the costumes of other skaters with Kozuka. It is the work of the person who made Ninja YUZU.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17046192

Footnote
It is displayed by a Japanese language first, but you can choose English language when you push written in "Facebookでログイン". you can watch it with Facebook account.
When it is not Facebook, push 「はじめての方はアカウント新規登録へ」[making new account] and transmit an e-mail address. When you register from a URL in the email, you can choose a language in lower part of the screen.

Last edited: