Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season

Nattou

Rinkside
I just wanna ask one (maybe stupid) question: How did you know Yuzuru was injured before the FS in Worlds 2012? I really need the source to do a informative research paper on him @_@ Thanks in advance!

deedee1

Record Breaker
I just wanna ask one (maybe stupid) question: How did you know Yuzuru was injured before the FS in Worlds 2012? I really need the source to do a informative research paper on him @_@ Thanks in advance!

Sources: in Japanese, though...

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20120404-00000088-jij-spo.html

During the press conference on WTT for Japanese media on Apr 4th, Mr. Ito of JSF explained them the reason for Yuzuru's withdrawal from WTT owing to his anckle injury. He twisted it in Nice, during a practice?, I do not know exactly when. But as a result he needed an injection, a painkiller prior to his LP and skated it that great. Unbelievable, isn't it?

Nattou

Rinkside
Sources: in Japanese, though...

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20120404-00000088-jij-spo.html

During the press conference on WTT for Japanese media on Apr 4th, Mr. Ito of JSF explained them the reason for Yuzuru's withdrawal from WTT owing to his anckle injury. He twisted it in Nice, during a practice?, I do not know exactly when. But as a result he needed an injection, a painkiller prior to his LP and skated it that great. Unbelievable, isn't it?

Thank you so much for the information. Yuzuru surely is amazing. It's still unbelievable to think he actually did all that phenomenal things with a sprained ankle. Such concentration and determination!

kimganos

On the Ice
I predict the same :) If this forum still exists in the next couple of years, I'll come back to show my posts to non-Yuzuru believers, just to tell them "I told you so" ;)

I will be right there with you Becki! I heard an annoucner say recently at one of the Grand Prix events this season that Jeremy Abbot had the best triple axel in the business. While I agree that Jeremy has a great one, I think Yuzuru's is the best one that I've ever seen. The height, the speed going into and out of it and the coverage across the ice is astounding, not to mention his quad toe loop which is equally as amazing. Patrick Chan is a fabulous skater but I don't believe he has the OGM at Sochi locked up!! There is a super talented rising star in his rear view mirror named Yuzuru! It is going to be an exciting time in men's figureskating in the next couple of years for sure!

kimganos

On the Ice
Thank you so much for the information. Yuzuru surely is amazing. It's still unbelievable to think he actually did all that phenomenal things with a sprained ankle. Such concentration and determination!

Wow! He skated with a sprained ankle? What????? Like you said, such concentration and determination! Not too mention what he has endured with so much loss and tragedy in his home town of Sendai, Japan since the tsunami and earthquake! He skates with so much passion! Luv him! I have watched his freeskate several times and each time I am so touched and impressed with this uber:talented young man!

Becki

Medalist
I will be right there with you Becki! I heard an annoucner say recently at one of the Grand Prix events this season that Jeremy Abbot had the best triple axel in the business. While I agree that Jeremy has a great one, I think Yuzuru's is the best one that I've ever seen. The height, the speed going into and out of it and the coverage across the ice is astounding, not to mention his quad toe loop which is equally as amazing. Patrick Chan is a fabulous skater but I don't believe he has the OGM at Sochi locked up!! There is a super talented rising star in his rear view mirror named Yuzuru! It is going to be an exciting time in men's figureskating in the next couple of years for sure!

ITA! His 3A-3T is the most beautiful thing ever!! I can watch it over and over again. IMO, Yuzuru has the best triple axel in the business - I heard it's also his favourite jump :D

Becki

Medalist

That sounds like such a fun paper to write!!! :)

When watching his FS, I actually thought he might've been injured. Of course, I wanted to be proven wrong but I noticed he was a little off balance in his spins and step sequence compared to the usual nice flow.

Good luck on your paper!!

Nattou

Rinkside
That sounds like such a fun paper to write!!! :)

When watching his FS, I actually thought he might've been injured. Of course, I wanted to be proven wrong but I noticed he was a little off balance in his spins and step sequence compared to the usual nice flow.

Good luck on your paper!!

Yep, I'm excited about my paper. I'm working on it right now, and thanks :)

So did I. I actually noticed that his spins were slower and not as stable as before. His step sequences were also... like there was something that held him back a little bit, so they were also kinda slower to me. But whatever happened, he still managed to pull out a supreme program! :)

Wow! He skated with a sprained ankle? What????? Like you said, such concentration and determination! Not too mention what he has endured with so much loss and tragedy in his home town of Sendai, Japan since the tsunami and earthquake! He skates with so much passion! Luv him! I have watched his freeskate several times and each time I am so touched and impressed with this uber:talented young man!

Yes, he skates with so much passion. I never get tired of watching him skating. It's powerful, amazing, touched, and delightful at the same time. You should check this out if you want to know where he got his strength to move forward: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/masqueradewaltz/archive/2012/03/08 :)

Last edited:

Becki

Medalist
Yep, I'm excited about my paper. I'm working on it right now, and thanks :)

So did I. I actually noticed that his spins were slower and not as stable as before. His step sequences were also... like there was something that held him back a little bit, so they were also kinda slower to me. But whatever happened, he still managed to pull out a supreme program! :)

Yes, he skates with so much passion. I never get tired of watching him skating. It's powerful, amazing, touched, and delightful at the same time. You should check this out if you want to know where he got his strength to move forward: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/masqueradewaltz/archive/2012/03/08 :)

Sometimes I wish I can find someone like Yuzuru (preferably someone my age). He seems like a very fine boy :)

Nattou

Rinkside
Sometimes I wish I can find someone like Yuzuru (preferably someone my age). He seems like a very fine boy :)

You mean you wanna have a friend like him? Me too. He'd inspire me so much in life, seriously. Haha~ Yuzuru is such a rare creature.

Becki

Medalist
You mean you wanna have a friend like him? Me too. He'd inspire me so much in life, seriously. Haha~ Yuzuru is such a rare creature.

Yeah exactly! It would be even better if Yuzuru was my friend....I don't think I'll ever consider giving up with him around lol. If he was my little brother, I would want to protect him forever (hehehe)

Btw, I discovered this today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I8MNx9QmR8A

Nanami Sensei's words made Yuzuru teary awwwwwww. He's such an emotional yet strong boy. Check out his expression @ 10:41....so kawaii (cute)!!!! I am so glad there are so many Yuzuru fans on this forum, so I can share all the videos with you guys ^^

Last edited:

Nattou

Rinkside
Yeah exactly! It would be even better if Yuzuru was my friend....I don't think I'll ever consider giving up with him around lol. If he was my little brother, I would want to protect him forever (hehehe)

Btw, I discovered this today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I8MNx9QmR8A

Nanami Sensei's words made Yuzuru teary awwwwwww. He's such an emotional yet strong boy. Check out his expression @ 10:41....so kawaii (cute)!!!! I am so glad there are so many Yuzuru fans on this forum, so I can share all the videos with you guys ^^

Exactly, yes, exactly. I'd never think about giving up if he were around. Just looking at him inspires me so much. I'd say he completely changed my point of view and perception. I wonder what would happen if we were friends :)"P Then I could watch those beautiful jumps and step sequences whenever I want to (⊙▽⊙)

OMG, I just found this out on Tumblr too. I watched it before without subtitle, and I was like "Noooooooooooooooo~~~~" because I didn't understand a thing except for "Arigatou" *lol* I like it when he just said it straightforward "I was tired" when they were talking about the fall. Honestly, it's the fall the left such a huge huge huge impact on me. I don't think I'll ever forget the image of him trying to stand up and keep going strongly! And yeah, he surely is emotional, which makes me wanna pad his head so bad (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) And yeah, his reaction at 10:41 is hilarious. So cute! XD

I'm glad that I found this forum, or else I'd be excited alone, and that's not good >_<

Becki

Medalist
Exactly, yes, exactly. I'd never think about giving up if he were around. Just looking at him inspires me so much. I'd say he completely changed my point of view and perception. I wonder what would happen if we were friends :)"P Then I could watch those beautiful jumps and step sequences whenever I want to (⊙▽⊙)

OMG, I just found this out on Tumblr too. I watched it before without subtitle, and I was like "Noooooooooooooooo~~~~" because I didn't understand a thing except for "Arigatou" *lol* I like it when he just said it straightforward "I was tired" when they were talking about the fall. Honestly, it's the fall the left such a huge huge huge impact on me. I don't think I'll ever forget the image of him trying to stand up and keep going strongly! And yeah, he surely is emotional, which makes me wanna pad his head so bad (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) And yeah, his reaction at 10:41 is hilarious. So cute! XD

I'm glad that I found this forum, or else I'd be excited alone, and that's not good >_<

Yes, I like his straightforwardness. Although, we now know his knee was probably hurting and that's why he fell :'(

I always wanted to pinch his cheeks!! He's sooooooo adorable!!! I am too emotionally invested in his performances, so that when he falls, my heart scatters :'( But yes, the fall also left a huge impact on me. I felt his strength, courage and determination when he quickly recovered from the unexpected fall to land a beautiful 3A-3T. It was like he was sending the Earthquake victims a message to never give up even after falling so deeply (in a literal sense).

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good news for Yuzuru fans:

The newest edition of 'World Figure Skate No.53' magazine will feature Yuzuru on its front cover!:yay:
Scheduled to be published on Apr 21, 2012.

Isn't it the very first time to cover the magazine's front page by himself for Yuzu? :)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/44033107...URL=http://blueskywhitecloud7.blog93.fc2.com/

I did not check the previous posts, so my apologies in advance if someone already posted somewhere on this topic...

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I did not check the previous posts, so my apologies in advance if someone already posted somewhere on this topic...
No, I don't think it was posted here earlier. But it was mentioned guess where- on Plush forum on March 4th, when the previous issue with Plush on the cover showed up. The infomation that Hanyu would be the cover boy in the next issue was available then, in March. So, we speculated that Japanese WFS guys seemed to know in advance that Hanyu will rock at Worlds. And yes, it's his first appearance on the WFS cover. Before him, from November 2009, Kanako and Miki was on the cover once, Mao- twice, Dai- four times (!) :thumbsup:. What a "surprise." Only four foreign skaters could make their way to be on the cover: Liza (yeah!, that little one, and the only female foreign skater), Evan and Stephane- once, Plush- twice, which was quite natural considering his popularity in J-land.

k1ttykatk1t

Rinkside
Thank you Kilyca for all your translation work!! I really appreciate it. Hanyu is such a precious inspiration and I hope he continues to work hard (have no injuries) and win the gold medal at the Sochi Olympic Games! :D

k1ttykatk1t

Rinkside
Also, not sure if anyone's posted it, but I found the HD video of Hanyu's free skate with no commentary while reading an article from examiner dot com. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOQliU_zSa8

Hanyu skates with such fearless abandon on the ice. He really goes accelerating into those jumps. I love this kind of figure skating. There's no fear or calculation, just pure skating.

deedee1

Record Breaker
No, I don't think it was posted here earlier. But it was mentioned guess where- on Plush forum on March 4th, when the previous issue with Plush on the cover showed up. The infomation that Hanyu would be the cover boy in the next issue was available then, in March. So, we speculated that Japanese WFS guys seemed to know in advance that Hanyu will rock at Worlds. And yes, it's his first appearance on the WFS cover. Before him, from November 2009, Kanako and Miki was on the cover once, Mao- twice, Dai- four times (!) :thumbsup:. What a "surprise." Only four foreign skaters could make their way to be on the cover: Liza (yeah!, that little one, and the only female foreign skater), Evan and Stephane- once, Plush- twice, which was quite natural considering his popularity in J-land.

Thanks a lot, let's talk!

OT but I have always wanted to thank YOU, let's talk, for all your updates on Japanese skaters on this Forum in the past. :bow:
I am sure other members who recently joined to post here feel the same way. :thumbsup:
Glad that I could do that (=to thank you) finally today! :)