Anyone going to Quebec City for the GPF? | Golden Skate

Anyone going to Quebec City for the GPF?

Becki

Medalist
I live in Toronto, and would LOVE to go. Unfortunately, I can't find the time.... :( nor companion for that matter :sheesh: I'll be watching it live at home!! should be super exciting!~

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I was in Quebec recently. Anyone who's going there for the GPF should check out this little hole in the wall restaurant, Le Lapin Saute. It will knock your socks off. The concierge at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac highly recommended it. I highly recommend it as well.
Don't bother with Quebec crepes in general.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
I recommend the buffet breakfast at La Manoire Victoria in the Old City. Don't let the price frighten you - this is the BEST buffet breakfast I have ever eaten. I have dreams about the crepes (very thin pancakes, rolled up and drenched in maple syrup). There is a wall of different food stations - fruit and yoghurt, hash browns, bacon (Canadian and strip bacon) breakfast sausages, waffles, crepes, eggs of every description, and entire huge table of cereal and breakfast pastries. We stayed at the Manoir for Skate Canada the last time it was in QC and had breakfast in the hotel every single day because it was so good.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The ticket site is very confusing to use but it seems like $80 Canadian a day for row "O" as in oh.

genki

On the Ice
Thanks a lot for food info in the Quebec City. I would love to try both of them.
I guess I paid $230 for all event ticket, so it is really a good deal.

So excited. Talk to you guys soon.:):)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
the Fairmont hotel

at night

When I asked the concierge where do the locals go for lunch/dinner? She hesitated a bit, then recommended Le Champlain. I asked her, if your relatives from out of the country come to Quebec, where would you take them? She then pointed me to this place.
Le Lapin Saute

They had all kind of stuffed rabbits everywhere. It was kinda cute. Didn't occur to me that all they serve is rabbit. Oy! At that point, it was too late to back out, so I went for it. Very glad I did. It was one of the best meals this year for me.
Rabbit confit