Sr. Ladies SP at 1:00 EST | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sr. Ladies SP at 1:00 EST

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Carolina's sp was amazing. She really shined today. Congrats to her!!!!!

seniorita

Record Breaker
I got so bad when I read news about Mao that didnt feel like watching the competition.
Now I watched the youtube Carolina rocked. Elisaveta is ok, she can learn this way to built her tes, her pcs are the same when she skated clean in TEB.

Buttercup can you post the russian link,it might work here too

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I really want to be happy for Carolina because I love her skating but what happened to Mao is heartbreaking:no:
Nerves finally got to Liza, but this is normal! It's her first bad program of the season, give this girl a break!

Lazlo23

Spectator
I wonder if it could be news about Mao's mom that effected Liza so bad, considering she herself lost her dad in april and this news could bring back those memories and emotions.

lavender

Record Breaker
Thank you Carolina.

Now I hope Carolina, Alissa and Akiko have great skates to put them on the podium. Don't care what order.

I'm sure Liza will skate well but she doesn't usually beat the others (not including Alena) in the long. She had the short to rely on that put her over.

Last edited:
Best I have ever seen from Kostner! :clap: :clap: :clap: Great music, great costume, great choreography, and in this performance great tech, too.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Best I have ever seen from Kostner! :clap: :clap: :clap: Great music, great costume, great choreography, and in this performance great tech, too.

Best ever?
How about this SP? Starting from :57 until she did her triple loop. Wow. I can watch her skate all day. Caro has the best SS for a lady. :clap: People don't skate like this anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3aTCvH9Zxo

Here's another brilliant SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyL_GvC0oQc&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLAA9987ED878B2EB8

Here's another one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qSCT15IRpU

Last edited:

ivy

On the Ice
Watched every one twice on UniSport - just OK for me.

Carolina - her jumps are so beautiful and strong, but I find her generally stiff and awkward, with spins that are slow and unattractive to me. Wish I could like her cause everyone else seems too.

Akkiko - I like most things about her, but don't love anything - except her smile.

Alena - Her jumps always seems to send up a bunch of snow when she lands and spins that almost grind to a halt. Find program a bit gimmicky

Alissa - Love the spins so much, and the general presentation. Tired of worrying about the jumps though. Still my fave, though ok with placement.

Liza - My 2nd fave, which surprises me. I like her presentation, though still needs to mature. Almost glad she made some mistakes so she will maybe slow down and think and look at the non jump elements.

Best ever?
How about this SP? Starting from :57 until she did her triple loop. Wow. I can watch her skate all day. Caro has the best SS for a lady. :clap: People don't skate like this anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3aTCvH9Zxo

Here's another brilliant SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyL_GvC0oQc&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLAA9987ED878B2EB8

Here's another one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qSCT15IRpU

The program that she just skated is her FOURTH BEST EVER! :laugh:

People don't skate like this anymore.

The ISU ought SERIOUSLY to think about that. (Instead of just saying, "yes they do, yes they do, yes they do. Look at the protocols if you don't believe us.)

Another thing I wish the ISU would think about is, why are short programs so much better than long programs?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Because SPs are shorter. Take Carolina. Her chance of landing a jump cleanly is 1/2. 3 jumping passes = once in every two years.
In the LP, 7 jumping passes = once in a blue moon. A regular moon is not better than a blue moon. You just haven't seen one yet. :biggrin:

katia

On the Ice
"why are short programs so much better than long programs?"
Mathman,
I am not sure I agree. There are some long programs which I very much enjoy and think they are better then many short programs.
Coming back to GPF. I love Carolina short program. I enjoyed everything about it, from her costume to her skating and to the music she choose for her program. Perhaps doubly because of Shostakovitch music, because he is one of my favorite composers.

Coming back to GPF. I love Carolina short program. I enjoyed everything about it, from her costume to her skating and to the music she choose for her program. Perhaps doubly because of Shostakovitch music, because he is one of my favorite composers.

I agree about the music. Looking at the performances that Flattfan posted from early in Carolina's career, compared to this one, the music is such a striking departure from he earlier style.

What I don't like about many long programs is that they seem like jump marathons -- they test your stamina more than anything else. A well-crafted short program seems just right in terms of a "balanced program" (as the IJS likes to say).

Buttercup

Record Breaker
For me, the 2007 Worlds SP was her best ever. I have some issues with how that event was scored, but never mind that. 2005 Worlds was also good (I think that was when she was working with Browning as her choreographer) but Kostner's presentation has certainly improved since then.

I love Carolina short program. I enjoyed everything about it, from her costume to her skating and to the music she choose for her program. Perhaps doubly because of Shostakovitch music, because he is one of my favorite composers.
I love the music - when it was announced, I was very curious to see if she could manage it, because it is not easy music to choreograph and skate to, and I was very happy to see such a great program. The contrast between Kostner's music and programs and the rest of what Nichol does these days is interesting; she seems to be thinking much more out of the box with Carolina. Kind of like when she was working with MK and would come up with interesting choices of music for her.

I have to say that I'm enjoying the ladies' much more than I used to and more than the other disciplines at the moment. It's nice to see Kostner doing well, but in addition, I like that there's no single dominant skater and the results are unpredictable. Also, there's nobody whose skating I dislike/find overrated, and quite a few programs that I like - so I can just enjoy the competition and wish them all the best. :)