GPF 2011 Senior Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

GPF 2011 Senior Pairs SP

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
V/T were amazing technically and deserve to be in first but my heart belongs to Robin and Aliona, I just love their SP.

1 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
RUS
71.57 1
2 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY
GER
69.82 2
3 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG
CHN
63.43 3
4 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV
RUS
61.37 4
5 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
CAN
61.04 5
6 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN
JPN
59.54 6

Tanja90

On the Ice
S/S should really consider to throw away the idea of the 3axel and try the 4flip instead...Tonight the flip was SO high that there was enough space not only for 4 turns but for 5!! No wonder she couldn't control the landing.! It was HUGE!

Gudrun

Rinkside
Hello demarinis5, that's nice of you to say :) I also like their programmes and they are making progress again and again ... they try something new on the ice, which I think is great :)

Gudrun

Rinkside
How funny to see the "bowing (kudo)" icon :)))
K/S really improved this season, I think. They deserve a medal but I think if they won a medal it would be the bronze ...

katia

On the Ice
mousepotato
I agree. K/S have wonderful long program, in my view much better than V/T. Tomorrow may be an interesting day.

lavender

Record Breaker
V/T were amazing technically and deserve to be in first but my heart belongs to Robin and Aliona, I just love their SP.

I agree and with the mistake they are not far at all. Plus their long program is more difficult I think.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
D/R's base value is sick - of the five leveled elements, they had four level fours, and their twist was level three.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
S/S had a mistake so V/T probably deserve first place but if tomorrow V/T outscore S/S in PCS I will stop watching pairs

gottadance

On the Ice
D/R - most improved ?

I was truly impressed with this pair and I think their improvement over the past 12 months is awesome! They seem to skate with great determination and heart.
I was also very impressed with the Canadian pair that came 2nd in the Juniors ? does anybody know if they can/will compete in Seniors at Canadian Nationals?