GPF Men SP! :) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

GPF Men SP! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Easily beatable by Zhenya, whom skates clean 99.9% of the time, ever since he hit the senior scene over a decade ago. The mark of a champion, not to mention a 3-time Olympic at that. :cool:

Still, the black out continues. *sigh* Ooops, scratch that, it just came back on, but showing pairs????

ps: just took a look at the scores, ahhh, just think if Jeremy was clean with a quad...

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Very interesting to see that Jeremy actually beat out Patrick on Interpretation, which is quite right. I'm glad the judges are finally giving him the artistic marks he deserves.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Anyhow, good competition, but not great like Ali vs. Frazier, which I will watch again later on tonight. :cool:

Now onto tomorrow night's finale, hopefully with some clean skates from everyone. :)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeremy tied Patrick in P/E and beat him in IN . . . great for Abbott! IMO, he should have beaten Patrick in CH too! :yes:

Gudrun

Rinkside
thanks a lot for your comments!!!! I hope there'll be a feed tomorrow! Bye for now.

jan

On the Ice
Well, he does not have a quad so there is no real comparison. Patrick is by far the fastest skater out there. No one else does their transitions etc. with the same flow as him.

emma

Record Breaker
wow...i dont' even know what to say! Best quad toe triple toe on record except for those darn boards! Jeremy looked fabulous....javi strikes me as a really renewed skater...this was fun! I feel for Dai. I thought he hit the quad and barely two footed it; but I guess I was wrong; and, I hate that he couldn't tack on at least a double just to have a combo.

So, I guess the true Dai/Chan and D/W-V/M show-downs will have to wait 'till worlds, but meanwhile, tomorrow (and Sunday) should be very exciting!

ETA Jan I totally agree, Chan is so fast it is almost crazy!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Protocol time.....

Chan's base value keeps him in the game. He had 5.5 points on Abbott to start with. Jeremy clawed some of that back on GOEs, the PCS were kept quite close (Abbott beat Chan on Interpretation and matched him on Performance, but Skating Skills, Transitions and Choreography went to Chan.)

Dai had the worst of it, of course - the ur, the negative GOE on the quad for two-footing, the combo-less lutz. The judges actually placed him behind Abbott in PCS, which is surprising (if fair).

jan

On the Ice
Have a look at judge #5 for Patrick Chan. All in the 7's. Absolutely ridiculous.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Very happy for Jeremy his short program was just wonderful. Not much that I can say about my favorite
Dai other than I hope he does better in the FS.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I feel for Dai. I thought he hit the quad and barely two footed it; but I guess I was wrong; and, I hate that he couldn't tack on at least a double just to have a combo.

ETA Jan I totally agree, Chan is so fast it is almost crazy!

They say you can't judge speed well on video, but I can see Chan's. Whenever they turned the camera to him in the warmup you can see the boards just whizzing by.

I also thought Dai's quad was fully rotated. I'm beginning to see I suck at spotting URs.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
They say you can't judge speed well on video, but I can see Chan's. Whenever they turned the camera to him in the warmup you can see the boards just whizzing by.

Seriously, it's ridiculous how much better at blade-to-ice Chan is then the rest of the group. I don't mean to besmirch them, but his speed is obscene. He was thundering down the rink to that quad, and even then, he was doing it so effortlessly. I really don't see how a judge can give 7.5 for that in SS.

Becki

Medalist
Well, he does not have a quad so there is no real comparison. Patrick is by far the fastest skater out there. No one else does their transitions etc. with the same flow as him.

I think PChan deserved his scores this time. But I don't like watching a competition where PChan either dominates, or thinks he will dominate (this leading him to say pretty bizzare things)

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
People are whining about Judge #5's marks for Chan, but are overlooking Judge #1 who gave him 9.75 on SS and 9.5 on everything else. Not to mention the fact that the same judge gave him +3 GOE on four elements and only a -1 for the boards fiasco. The point is that, yes, some judges scores are often questionable, but it works both ways.