GPF Men SP! :) | Page 6 | Golden Skate

GPF Men SP! :)

Have a look at judge #5 for Patrick Chan. All in the 7's. Absolutely ridiculous.

Judge #5 for Chan is probably the same person as #2 for Abbott and #3 for Fernandez. Scoring lower than the other judges across the board.

claphappy

On the Ice
Haven't been able to watch anything yet, but from what I've read it sounds like Chan has proven, once again, that he is a true innovator of the sport.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
People are whining about Judge #5's marks for Chan, but are overlooking Judge #1 who gave him 9.75 on SS and 9.5 on everything else. Not to mention the fact that the same judge gave him +3 GOE on four elements and only a -1 for the boards fiasco. The point is that, yes, some judges scores are often questionable, but it works both ways.

Yeah, I just noticed that, and I agree. Judge five was wierd - is Chan's interpretation really his strongest suit? Does anyone think that? Judge five does. I'm fine with Chan getting only a -1 for the 4-3, actually, though I would've given him a -2.

museksk8r, it's been pretty well established that falls on jumps aren't reflected in the SS. And frankly, even if they were, I think this is one of those falls that you can't really say was caused by poor skating skills. Hell, if he'd had slightly lesser skating skills, he wouldn't have covered that distance and wouldn't have hit the boards, imo. However, if you're pointing out that I really shouldn't be complaining because it's not like Chan was underscored, then point taken. I shouldn't be complaining.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, keep in mind, he did fall, which many have argued before should reflect in his skating skills scores.

This fall had nothing to do with skating skills.

*SF waits for convoluted explanation that it was his poor skating skill that caused the fall*

jettasian

Match Penalty
I have watched Chan skating to Take Five countless times. But I think he is actually skating even better this time, minus the errors. His speed was insane, and the one-foot footwork almost at the end was much better than last year. His bold edges and the one-foot almost from one end of the board to the other was very impressive.

Becki

Medalist
I have watched Chan skating to Take Five countless times. But I think he is actually skating even better this time, minus the errors. His speed was insane, and the one-foot footwork almost at the end was much better than last year. His bold edges and the one-foot almost from one end of the board to the other was very impressive.

Well one would expect Chan will improve with time...especially after skating to the program for almost a year now.......

emma

Record Breaker

thanks! I think it is not geoblocked as I was able to view it. Fun and funny to hear Kurt's comments. Seriously, Chan was flying...his footwork was amazing but so too was the height and distance and spin speed on those jumps. Geez.

My heart is still with Dai...hope he kicks butt tomorrow! (and go Jeremy and Javi too! and Hanyu and Brezina)

skateflower

Match Penalty
1fall + hand down on 3a. Another messy skate by Patrick Chan and the commentators continued to rave about his performance. No wonder he's spoiled.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Oh not looking like a good competition for team Japan. Surprised that Dai would even go for the quad in the SP. Would it be a better idea for Yuzuru to just leave out the quad. Tomorrow will be interesting to see if Jeremy can keep it together for the FS.

lavender

Record Breaker
Love Jeremy and I have to always give props to Chan but it's too bad Dai didn't skate clean because he has imo the best short program this season.