GPF Men FP, Sat. 12/10 at 4:55 pm EST | Page 7 | Golden Skate

GPF Men FP, Sat. 12/10 at 4:55 pm EST

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even with his SP lead, I'm expecting a huge fan outcry if Chan is allowed to win with that level of skating given how Takahashi performed.

LaLola

On the Ice
This is Zhenya's music. All the time it plays I cannot help but think & picture him and his exquisite 2009/2010 Olympic SP. :love:

Back to Chan, messy performance per usual. Two foot on opening quad, hand down on second, twofoot on tacked on triple, fall on another triple. But more than enough to win b/c Daisuke was too far behind in the SP.

Chan is beatable, but nobody competing today has it in them to skate clean and kick some tail. EXCEPT Zhenya, of course, except Zhenya. :cool:

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but who is Zhenya?

burntBREAD

Medalist
Oh. I was expecting him to win due to the SP lead, yes, but I wasn't expecting him to win the LP. Maybe his high base value saved him.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
This is going to be pretty close. Chan had a pretty good lead he may win, although I hope that Dai does!

beep_beep

Medalist
Why do I even bother?? :bang:

Chan's skating is beautiful, but this overscore even when he has a bunch of errors is just :bang:

I guess Daisuke lost it in the SP. Shame.

I loved the way Patrick interpreted his program, yet this was far from dazzling.

I'm heartsick for Jeremy. That would have been utterly magnificent without the falls. Who would think this corny young man would be such a great artist? :confused:

Overall, though, what a great competition. So much talent and so many "wow" moments. Way to go, guys!

Becki

Medalist
I am disappointed with the results, I don't think Patrick deserved his score...and to win actually. But oh well, based on the scoring system alone, Patrick would definitely get more than 162.....so it was his crown to lose tonight. *sigh* But everyone skated very well! I am proud of every single skater :)