GPF Men FP, Sat. 12/10 at 4:55 pm EST | Page 5 | Golden Skate

GPF Men FP, Sat. 12/10 at 4:55 pm EST

Hikaru

Final Flight
Javier's basic skating is just not up to snuff with the other guys here. Very slow and clunky compared to them, especially during the footwork. I think he's vastly overmarked in PCS this season.
Why do you think is that? what would be the object of overmarking a skater, a spaniard skater that is? If it was one from a country with a greater tradition I could think of something, but from Spain? I can't imagine why do that.

LaLola

On the Ice
What a beautiful skater he is...Shame about the two falls... Seems as he isn't sure what to think either...

Medusa

Record Breaker
What I find weird is that Javi's edgework seems to be quite good, he just can't generate much speed from that during his footwork. Very few actually can, but it is really noticeable when 3 of those guys who do (Patrick, Dai and Jeremy) are in the same competition and skating right before and after you.

skateflower

Match Penalty
Why do you think is that? what would be the object of overmarking a skater, a spaniard skater that is? If it was one from a country with a greater tradition I could think of something, but from Spain? I can't imagine why do that.

Because he has a Canadian coach?

Nadine

Record Breaker
So sad. He's literally poetry on ice, but the two falls won't cut the mustard. And when I watch him skate I can't just sit back, relax, and enjoy. Rather, there is tension/knot in my stomach and I find myself praying fervently and crossing my fingers when he goes for a jump. Too stressful. :eek:

But man, even if he never wins a World or an Olympic Medal of any kind, it is HE I will remember long after skating has quints/et al.

lavender

Record Breaker
That's Jeremy. Amazing skater but you can never rely on him winning anything just like his beautiful training partner Alissa. Just have to love what you can with absolutely no expectations.

emma

Record Breaker
DARN IT! THat program is so freaaaking beautiful! Too bad about the falls, but I love how he staid with it.

Serious Business

Record Breaker

I have no idea. I have no evidence of any corruption, so that is totally off the table as far as I'm concerned. Near as I can tell, maybe Javier has been around long enough? Strangely enough, I thought he was undermarked in seasons past. Maybe they're making up for it? Now that he's waited out his turn?

aniela

On the Ice
Jeremy landed quad but then two hard falls ;( I’d love to see this beautiful program skate clean.

lavender

Record Breaker
Maybe there's too much content for Jeremy to handle. I just want to see this awesome program clean just once or twice before it's gone.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Shoot 4th place for Jeremy. Beautiful quad though.

GO Patrick!