Pairs FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS

Florian

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I'm watching it too, late at night here, hoping for Savchenko/Szolkowy, but believing V/T will make it.

Love K/S's program and they were great until the near-fall on the throw jump. But they recovered quickly. Audience seemed to appreciate it.

Sometimes pairs programs seem to be nothing but a collection of prescribed moves, but this program keeps up the windswept mood and stays with the music from beginning to end. It's a masterpiece, IMHO.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
btw, congrats, beep_beep on hitting 2000! here's hoping for 2000 more (at least!)

Go GERMANY!!!!!

beep_beep

Medalist
Love K/S's program and they were great until the near-fall on the throw jump. But they recovered quickly. Audience seemed to appreciate it.

Sometimes pairs programs seem to be nothing but a collection of prescribed moves, but this program keeps up the windswept mood and stays with the music from beginning to end. It's a masterpiece, IMHO.

Agreed

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Zhang/Zhang (CHN)

3T+2T+2T
3S
3FTw
Li
FCCoSp - loses unison a bit in the end
3LoTh
Li
3STh
BiDs
PCoSp
Li - shaky lift

Somewhat clean program, but is something wrong with his shoulder?

Last edited:
How strange. First a man yells STOP in the middle of their program and they have to do their skate not knowing what happened. Then Hao got a dreadful look on his face during a lift and clutched his shoulder when it was done. Hope he's OK.

I still don't care for the program much. It's one of those standardized things. But they are very strong technically. He looks a bit overweight.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
The Zhangs really have plateaued as skaters. I dont see the passion in them anymore either. They are still skating well and consistent technically but even their tricks dont stand out anymore as teams like Mukhortova & Trankov can do everything better. I am wondering if they even want to still be skating or the Chinese fed. is pushing them to. If that is the case it is very unfortunate.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Savchenko/Szolkowy (GER)

3FTh
3T+3T+SEQ
ChSp
FCCoSp - off unison in the middle
BoDs
3FTw - a bit low catch
2A
Li
Li
PCoSp
Li
3STh

A very solid skate... the pressure is on the Russians now!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Unless I missed something, S/S just pulled off that LP flawlessly (on the jumps at least). Brilliant! I think I caught some changes that quite improved the piece, too. Also, now more than ever, I can't wait to go see Pina in 3D.

Oh my gosh, I was afraid she'd hurt hurself.

Apart from that, they came out and devoured the ice. Splendid job. They believe in that program. They skated like World Champions! Some unison problems but apart from that everything was great.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Awesome skate by S/S. Glad to see they've gotten their feet under them this season after a couple rough competitions. I hope they win it.