Pairs FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Womp, womp! It was close, rightfully so. But I'm more than good with S/S taking it, even though V/T were near perfect.

S/S squeak it out. Trankov shows his fierce temperament. That's good. Find a way to win next time.

Actually it's best for viewers if S/S and M/T are fighting like dogs (only on the ice, only on the ice)!

burntBREAD

Medalist
Tatiana did slightly two-foot the throw triple sal, that was probably the difference. At least she was happy!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
so close! I'd have been happy with either one winning with the way both skated, but the fan in me is happy that my "favorites" won! :)

yeay! recapping Short Dances now! Love Unisports!

jcoates

Medalist
I haven't enjoyed a pairs event as much as this one in a long time. I honestly don't care who wins between the top two. I'm smiling too much to care. Nice to see clean programs back to back. Too bad the men and ladies couldn't produce the same quality. I hope both teams can sustain themselves through Sochi.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
yup,I noticed that wonky landing....definitely flawed the program. I knew they would lose it on that one. Otherwise, it was pretty good. But I am so glad S/S won!

Florian

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I haven't seen the short program of S/S, so I can only judge it by the long program and there I would have seen them a bit better, so I am satisfied. I am anyway since of course I am cheering for them.

jcoates

Medalist
In Maxim's defense, he's had way more than his fair share of disappointment over the course of his career.

I hope that these two teams can replicate the same kind of rivalry that D/W and V/M have created in ice dance. That would be wonderful for the sport.

DianaSelene

Medalist
I really hope V/T can come back and win Euros and Worlds. They have the "it" factor and look so much more polished and prettier than S/S.

Florian

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I really hope V/T can come back and win Euros and Worlds. They have the "it" factor and look so much more polished and prettier than S/S.

Surely they're pretty and have this certain something, but all in all it is a rather big man with a rather small woman, like K/S or the Zhangs are too. I like the harmonic picture S/S represent and I admire Szolkowy for what he does despite of not having this advantage.

katia

On the Ice
YAY, I am so happy that S/S won, I love their program. Although V/T had also been very good.
I enjoyed both pairs.
In fact I enjoyed the whole (pair)competition.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Zhang Dan is one of the tallest pair skaters out there and she has a less than 20cm height difference between her and her partner.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Zhang Dan is one of the tallest pair skaters out there and she has a less than 20cm height difference between her and her partner.

The commentators for CBC said something about her growing a bit! Wasn't she already around 5'5? Yikes.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I think they meant she filled out a bit. Remember how frighteningly thin she was a couple of years ago?

Yeah, I noticed she'd filled out more. She looks good. An odd way to put it though if that's what they meant.