12 Carolane Soucisse / Benjamin Smyth QC
13 Nicole Kuzmich / Jordan Hockley CO
14 Abby Carswell / Simon Tanguay QC
15 Sarah Clarke / Steven Clarke EO
SUB Rebecca Nelles / Nicholas Lettner EO

Last edited:

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
The Junior Pairs from WO are all missing from this list. Not sure if there are others out West yet.

Katherine Bobak/Ian Beharry
Shalena Rau/Phelan Simpson
Mary Orr/Anthony Furiano

And I think there might be another one as well.

hohoho

On the Ice
Junior predictions

Junior Ladies:

1 Seguin
2 Daleman
3 Purich
4 Bergeron
5 Cournoyer

Seguin is a very polished skater and strong. Daleman can do it if she gets the jumps counted. Purich had a terrible short at Challenge, but depends on the jumps.

Junior Men:

1. Petkov
2. Sylvester
3. Obrien
4. Wolfe
5. Vandervelden

Expect top two to stay the same from Challenge. O'Brien to move up a place. Wolfe s still getting stronger from his injury. Vandervelden had the 5th highest Free at Challenge after a disaterous short.

Junior Pairs:

1. Bobak/Beharry
2. Orr/Furiano
3. Dejardins/Bilodeau

B/B a lock for 1st. O/F for 2nd. I picked D/B based on Challenge.

Junior Dance:

1-3 BC/YT or QC

Don't really know here. Teams from BC/YT and QC are strong. I expect the Hasagawas to improve on Challenge

nadster

Final Flight
Junior ladies SP has just been skated and Daleman was on fire landing 3Z ( huge ) 3S+2T and 2A , all jumps gorgeous.

She scored 47.59 in the short.

If she wins junior ladies there is a very good chance she will get the ticket to JW as she has by far the most consistent 3Z ( the key jump in the short this season ) of all the ladies that can go to JW. Indeed her lutz is even more consistent than that of Phaneuf and Lacoste.

hohoho

On the Ice
While I agree with Daleman having a great skate last night, I am not convinced that the lutz is that consistent (She missed it at Challenge and at some other competitions). will be interesting to see how she handles the pressure on Wednesday to stay ahead. Realistically, would SC send a person to Jw who never skated internaionally before?

derplutz

Rinkside
6 pairs in all of Canada? bahaha. the whole discipline should probably just be cancelled from official competition until they can actually fill the event.

geoskate

On the Ice
Then we would have missed the superb skate of Bobak/Beharry. That by itself made it worthwhile to have a junior competition.

derplutz

Rinkside
Then we would have missed the superb skate of Bobak/Beharry. That by itself made it worthwhile to have a junior competition.
Move them up to senior, they'd do fine, I mean probably the majority of the senior teams are probably doing [Juvenile level singles] double lutzes for their side by side jumps :rolleye:.

nadster

Final Flight
Move them up to senior, they'd do fine, I mean probably the majority of the senior teams are probably doing [Juvenile level singles] double lutzes for their side by side jumps :rolleye:.

At the junior level there is no choice about the side by sides. They all have to do the double lutz. They have done double axels in sequence with each other before. So they would be doing at least double axels if they skated senior.

Grant you they will need to add triples to be competitive as seniors. But the rest of their skating is at a pretty good senior level already.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Some countries hold national championships even if there isn't enough competitors to fill the entire podium, let alone three warm-up groups. Why not? So there isn't a full roster of twelve teams; that's no reason to deny the others a chance to compete. Competing against other skaters at your level is a valuable experience, and it motivates them to improve.

(I didn't know that about the sbs double lutzes, btw. I thought B&B just knew they didn't need anything more difficult than that).

mmcdermott

On the Ice
Is it normal for there to be a small field in junior pairs? Just wondering. If so, it doesn't seem to be a problem, since pairs is one of the more competitive disciplines at the senior level.

twizzgirl

Rinkside
Jr short Dance is starting right now!
Group 1:
Rebecca Nelles / Nicholas Lettner EO
Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Yoan Breton QC
Mariève Cyr / Benjamin Brisebois Gaudreau QC
Carolane Soucisse / Benjamin Smyth QC
Andréanne Poulin / Marc-André Servant QC

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Is it normal for there to be a small field in junior pairs? Just wondering. If so, it doesn't seem to be a problem, since pairs is one of the more competitive disciplines at the senior level.

Yeah, and the women's singles event is always packed at every level in Canada...hasn't seemed to help much. ;)

Wikipedia has the complete results of Canadians for recent years, but it's blacked out today. I don't really feel like navigating the Skate Canada website, although I am curious about the same thing.

katia

On the Ice
Yeah, and the women's singles event is always packed at every level in Canada...hasn't seemed to help much. ;)

Wikipedia has the complete results of Canadians for recent years, but it's blacked out today. I don't really feel like navigating the Skate Canada website, although I am curious about the same thing.

yes, but what you do is you go to google and go to cache of wiki Canadians. Or click on wiki before it blackens out.
btw the feed of dance is blacking out on my comp.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
:scowl: It's not working right for me either. I wish this were on CBC, they do a much better job. None of this separating the top 6 nonsense either.

derplutz

Rinkside

right when the wikipedia page loads and before it goes to the blackout thing press ESC, it locks the page in place

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I'm thrilled for Bobak/Beharry. Not only did they win by a landslide as predicted, they laid down some pretty good skates as well. Hopefully a junior world medal is in their future.:biggrin:

I just watched the SD, or at least the part that Skatebuzz actually showed. A little surprised by the results, but in a good way. Edwards/Pang were really good, and got crazy high levels for all of their elements. One 3 and the rest 4's. Both of them are really nice performers, in addition to being good technically.

What really made my day was Poulin/Servant's placement, though. I didn't actually see them skate (thanks Skatebuzz :sheesh:), but I've really liked this team since they first got together three seasons back. I'm convinced they would have come at least second last year if it wasn't for twizzle disasters in the SD and FD. This season hasn't exactly gone well for them, though, and they didn't place all that high at challenge (though, judging by the arm brace that Marc-Andre was wearing, they were probably dealing with injury at the time), so I wasn't expecting much. I'm so glad I was wrong. I really hope they can at least keep their place after the FD. Fingers crossed!!

Does anyone happen to know how many spots we have for junior worlds?

Last edited: