GPF Free Dance, Sun. 12/11 at 1:50 pm EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

GPF Free Dance, Sun. 12/11 at 1:50 pm EST

fairly4

Medalist
i guess overmarking in gp series and final, is now norm
and why i am not surprised at the score for virture and moir.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
over 112!
Seasons best!!!
D&W need to pull their best to beat that.

***!!!! 112! Davis and White will have to exceed whatever they have done so far to beat this. I though VM would lead after the SD to be beaten by DW's FD. Looks like that may not be the case. If Davis and White can win this....what a statement.

missysays

On the Ice
Oh, Meryl and Charlie skated that really well. So much more drawn out and to the music than it has been all season. Great job!!! Eeeks.

They have their own magic- and Charlie was paying so much more attention to Meryl here- very romantic skate.

Florian

On the Ice
Country
Germany
They're both so good. But despite being for V/M, I liked W/D a bit better today, but of course I am no expert in ice dancing, so it is just an impression.

aniela

On the Ice
every time I see D/W's FD I like it less and less. I almost loved it at SA but tonight it does nothing to me :( I don't know why... I know that the execution of elements was excellent as always but I find the dance itself quite boring.

auser

Record Breaker
i dont know.
the exit from one of those complicated lifts was a little off.
I wondered about that too, thought it might be computer or camera angle. For a split second I thought she was going to get dropped.

apple123

On the Ice
I just can't feel the emotions from D/W, no matter how good the skate is. Is this what we want the ice dance to become? Emotionless circus?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
.05 difference!!! Yikes!!!

Can get this rivalry get any better?

But this competition cleared up one thing. If they are both clean, V/M will win easily. Even with Scott's mistakes and an bobble or two in the FD they were practically tied with Marlie's two clean skates.

Apple123: Circus? That's a very mistaken way to describe this program. If anything it's a throwback to a much more refined and elegant style, but updated to have the speed, complexity, and exciting lifts of today.

I agree to some extent with aniela that none of their performances has surpassed the first one at Skate America. I will have to rewatch carefully to see if it's them or me.

V/M have really pulled their program up and it should be neck and neck at Worlds. Exciting!

I really like Meryl's softer makeup today. Very becoming!

kosjenka

On the Ice
I DO feel emotions from the skating of Meryl and Charlie and this dance suits them as a couple.
I think the chemistry between them has improved during last season when the sensual and passionate tango was really off during the firs few performances.
This dance however was from the first public performance so well for them. Waltz is not easy to keep interesting in free dance and they manage to do it.

jcoates

Medalist
Without seeing the levels, it appears that both D/W and V/M got higher levels on their footwork sequences. Likely at least one level 4 for each team. Tessa and Scott really brought the attack to their dance. I still wish the curve lift looked more smooth on the entrance and overall. Meryl and Charlie really stood up to the pressure. Very clean. There's still room for improvement with both teams. Still, clearly when both teams hit everything and get the same maxed out levels, the judges find it very hard to split them. Looks like 4CC and Worlds will be awesome. Can't wait.