GPF Free Dance, Sun. 12/11 at 1:50 pm EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

GPF Free Dance, Sun. 12/11 at 1:50 pm EST

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
B/S: They just seem to be trying too hard. It's so heavy for them. They need to change this up and find their way. This program is not it. They looked slow as well.

Shibs: Beautiful DANCING. They really do so much so well. It was bright, cheerful, and well skated. Good for them. It will be interesting to compare this to Virtue/Moir, who have a program in the same genre sort of.

Weaver/Poje: Wow! Just amazingly well done. Not a step wrong today, and simply gorgeous. Besides Virtue/Moir at the Olympics, and well just about anytime, and Davis/White in Samson and Delilah and Bollywood, this is the only other occasion I've had chills and tears. I'm not an emotional person, but this sucked me in. In all those sport vs art debates, I think this team does a simply fabulous job of marrying those 2 things. It's not overdone. Or trying too hard. It just is, and is fantastic.

Now the next flight.

fairly4

Medalist
weaver and poje was way overmarked--just goes to show since shibs got bronze medal last year--rigging it for weaver/poje this year.

steps wasn't that good and was easy.
yes, had lots of ups and downs but outside of that easy.

want weaver and poje to medal in gpf final

kosjenka

On the Ice
no new dress...

I DO like red one but somehow I thought Tessa would so even further.

but now - THE MUMMY :D

Florian

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I like Weaver/Poje a lot. They just have this "certain something" in my opinion, same like their fellow countrymen. It's ice dancers like them who made me watching ice dancing.

fairly4

Medalist
personally i would put weaver and poje above pechalat and bourzat in free dance, even though i thought was overmarked i thought skated dance better and pechalat/bourzat.

kosjenka

On the Ice
I dont think P&B did enough to say ahead of W&P.
There were few little problems. Nothing mayor.

Flying threads, Egyptian hands... this mummy dance is not for me. Why are they ahead of W/P? Will have to study my dorispulaski!

jcoates

Medalist
That was tad shaky. I'd have them 2nd. But the judges disagree with me. Have to see the protocols.

kosjenka

On the Ice
Well, Fabian had let go his foot in the twizzle a little too early.
I am sure they will take out some points for that.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
W/P are soooo emotional! this is by far my favorite FD this season

I think I will agree with you. I hated their Moulin Rouge thing last season but this is so special. I still don't understand why they aren't challenging the top two with this program, the maturity and the interpretation are beyond both Voir and Marlie.

missysays

On the Ice
There is no one on the ice right now quite like Scott Moir- the nuance in his expression is beyond wonderful. He's a true artist. Oh, it's also nice that he has a beautiful partner to bounce the expression off of...

They skated that really well.

This is by far V/M's best performance of this program. She was so on today! 'Swonderful!

But I think D/W will win.

Tess has slimmed down a bit, if I'm not mistaken. She looks really good.