Extending Life Starts in Childhood | Golden Skate

Extending Life Starts in Childhood

For those of you with children, here's the link to an interesting article from "The Wall Street Journal." It's basic premise is that almost everything that determines adult health starts in childhood. For example, a woman's risk for osteoorosis (loone loss) starts within the first five years of life. Interesting reading, IMO.
http://aolsvc.aol.com/parenting/articles/1/article.adp
Rgirl

heyang

Record Breaker
I'd love to read it for my nephew and niece, but I'm not AOL. Can someone copy and paste?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Rgirl:

Scientists have been doing a study in Vancouver, BC on how to prevent children from developing weak bone density in adulthood and it involves simply jumping up and down between classes at school. I guess all that jumping I did in skating may pay off!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lad.........I've read about that........jumping can help at any age, I believe (the hard part at my age is actually getting off the ground!)...............42

Mistyeyed

Rinkside
I also am not an AOL user so if as another poster suggested could pleasseee!! :) copy and paste so that some of the rest of us could view the reading, we could give more comments.

Anyhow from what I have read from you other posters that have read it, about jumping? Then I should be okay, because up until about 2 years ago, I was an advid trampoline jumper. Does that count?:confused:

windspirit

On the Ice
Mistyeyed, I don't think we can copy the whole article here (that would be a copyright violation) Plus, it's rather long (and, IMO, not that interesting). But I can send it to you by email, if you want (in that case, send me your email address by PM; I would've sent it by PM, but it's too long).