Patrick Chan | Page 59 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

spikydurian

Medalist
Good idea Emdee. Can someone tweet him? I can't as I don't tweet. :)
Aprilsnowy, please convey to Emi that her blog for Patrick has long been in my list of favourites. I don't know Japanese otherwise, I would have posted to thank her.

emma

Record Breaker
I just checked into this thread in the hopes there was some news from the Chan camp on coaches and season plans...gosh, the suspense is really getting to me. I say please tweet if you are a tweeter!

Boeing787

On the Ice
I am too old and old fashioned to tweet - any tweeters out there?

He won't tell you anyway, so don't even bother.

The reason he keeps it a secret could be it's not a done deal yet. Or we should have known by now just like how we found out about his new choreographers.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I am not a regular member to visit here ;) but my advice, if you ask me, is don't worry about your favorite skater(s) too much beforehand. The new season has not started yet!

Trust him/her and wait and see. In this sport, our favorite skater(s) often does what s/he wants to do anyway, regardless how much his/her fans worry about and/or care about. Whatever choices s/he is going to make, we do not stop being his/her fans and keep on rooting for him/her anyway, right? :)
I envy you, Patrick fans!, because you at least know who his new choreographers are; whom we all can count on :agree:, so that we all know his programs will be fabulous for sure, without even knowing the names of his music. :yes:

emdee

Final Flight
Thanks for your advice Deedee. However, we need to know impatient humans that we are!

I am further beset by the fact that both my favourites (V&M & Paddy) havent announced their programs. At least I will be seeing V&M at the CNE in another month!

deedee1

Record Breaker
At least I will be seeing V&M at the CNE in another month!

Good for you! Have a great time there. :)

Well, the problem with my favorite skater is I have no idea, to begin with, when and where he is flying to; Detroit, Toronto, New York or to Moscow??? for choreography. :rolleye:

Besides, he has a crucial mission today: to skate with his gorgeous dance and entice the Governer of Osaka ;), so that the governer ends up saying YES to fully cover the renovation cost of the ice rink in Osaka. :biggrin:
(my apology in advance if you do not know what I am talking about...:eek::)

Good for you! Have a great time there. :)

Well, the problem with my favorite skater is I have no idea, to begin with, when and where he is flying to; Detroit, Toronto, New York or to Moscow??? for choreography. :rolleye:

Besides, he has a crucial mission today: to skate with his gorgeous dance and entice the Governer of Osaka ;), so that the governer ends up saying YES to fully cover the renovation cost of the ice rink in Osaka. :biggrin:
(my apology in advance if you do not know what I am talking about...:eek::)

We hope you will explain. This sounds intriguing!

I'm curious: Is a governor the chief official of a city in Japan? I ask because over here, we have mayors for most cities (some cities have what's called a city manager instead of a mayor) and governors for our states. I'm always fascinated by how other countries set up their government system.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Is a governor the chief official of a city in Japan? I ask because over here, we have mayors for most cities (some cities have what's called a city manager instead of a mayor) and governors for our states. I'm always fascinated by how other countries set up their government system.

The governer is the chief official of a prefecture, which equals to your state in the US, Olympia. :)
So the governer I meant here is the governer of Osaka pref., not Osaka city.

P.S. Dai will be performing at the charity show for fundraising on the renovation fee at an ice rink in Osaka where he used to train. You will find more info on this at Daisuke's thread page 23. ;)

To Patrick's fans: sorry for the OT! :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Time to decode Patrick's messages via his show programs.

Nessun Dorma - Chosen for him for his classical skating style.

Yesterday - A wistful reminiscence about Mr. Colson who had passed.

Time To Say Goodbye - Acceptance and goodbye to Mr. Colson.

Viva la Vida - An impromptu choreography by Kurt Browning, foreseeing the day when he would rule the world and his head would be demanded on the silver platter.

Yesterday - He retrieved this program to commemorate Mr. Colson on the special occasion of the Olympics. Fabulous one foot skating of figures taught by the late coach.

Don't Worry Be Happy - Reassuring his fans as he debuted the quads, getting a normal two years worth of quad related falls over with in two competitions. Indeed there has been much to be happy about since.

Moondance - A transition to adulthood, goofing about love as he couldn't yet do a romantic number straight.

Mannish Boy - Coming of age as he celebrated his 21st birthday.

Elegie - A tribute to Mr. Colson as he successfully defended his World Champion title on the late coach's birthday.

'Til Kingdom Come - Telling us how long to wait for the announcement of his new coach.

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
'Til Kingdom Come - Telling us how long to wait for the announcement of his new coach.

It sure feels like that!

I had the same thoughts about some of the programs especially Yesterday. As he did the figures which I know Coach Colson stressed I am sure he was taken back in time to yesteryear.

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
Good idea Emdee. Can someone tweet him? I can't as I don't tweet. :)

I've already tweeted him a few times, knowing it would be in vain.

Aprilsnowy, please convey to Emi that her blog for Patrick has long been in my list of favourites. I don't know Japanese otherwise, I would have posted to thank her.
I will. But I'm sure she's known it already.:)

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
His answer was choreographed, skated, and broadcast by Japanese TV and Youtube! You missed it the same way people often miss answers to their prayers while staring at them. :biggrin:

I give in! Maybe the lyrics in the music has an answer? - for example "I wouldn't change a single(or simple) thing" ?
Anyway, I'll patiently wait for his announcement from now on.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I give in! Maybe the lyrics in the music has an answer? - for example "I wouldn't change a single(or simple) thing" ?
Anyway, I'll patiently wait for his announcement from now on.

Waiting 'til Kingdom comes is the ultimate patience. But meanwhile, don't worry, be happy. :) The mannish boy has given us many enjoyable performances from yesterdays.

eta. Luckily for us, the Kingdom is that of Emperor Chan. Whew.

Stop all that :rolleye: now, guys! I disapprove. :disapp:

Last edited:

Boeing787

On the Ice
Viva la Vida - An impromptu choreography by Kurt Browning, foreseeing the day when he would rule the world and his head would be demanded on the silver platter.

What? I didn't know the haters hate him that much!:laugh:

BTW, I have this feeling that there will not be a new coach. Kathy Johnson will take over the role.