Patrick Chan | Page 87 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

naan

Rinkside
SGrand, thanks for sharing! I hope to see his new EX. How was it? Is this his new costume?
Many fans there are saying "Patrick is sexy, good looking!" on twitter :biggrin:

SGrand

Final Flight
New Ex was really good and he looks great! Costume was black with red accents and a black and red baseball cap. He was so cute, I think he missed a trick with the hat where he kind of flicks it off his foot and catches it.....I'm not sure, I was trying to get a pic lol, but when he ended, he then did the trick and more little hat 'illusions' and was having fun with it. I've always liked that song, but it is repetitive after a while lol. He looks so trim and fit live too (not that he doesn't on TV, but sometimes the TV can be a little distorting), I even didn't mind his pants that he wears for Kingdom Come, they may have actually been a different pair because they seems a little longer and fitted.......or maybe I'm just crazy lol. I thought he was awesome and the crowd was super receptive and cheered lots. His jumps were great for the most part too, only maybe two jumps with either a forward or step out landing, but they all had that. Like I said, I think he must be insanely tired, I don't know how he couldn't be at this time of the year in competition. I'm sure he's had better performances, but I was still impressed and really want to try and go to Nat's in January. Oh, and he had one little slip up during a slow, almost stopped part of KC, it was very 'Patrick' heehee, but he just laughed and and shrugged his shoulders and was a good sport.

Spikydurian, yes, Elvis looks way better now, although I'm sure we all do since the 90's was not the prettiest decade LOL! He was honestly so so good and did a HUGE double axle (I realize that sounds funny, it's only a double lol, but it was BIG and he's not the youngest kid ;) ). And of course he did his tricks and some hydro-blading which was pretty cool and his connection with the audience seems to have grown too!

Was anyone else there? I could have sworn that the announcer introduced Jeff as "Olympic Gold Medalist"! I could be wrong, but that's what it sounded like to my Mom and I haha!

I have some pics, but the next few days are crazy for me so I probably won't get them up until sunday or monday. They're not the greatest, but at least you'll get an idea.

Have fun to everyone else who's going to the other shows!!!!

Last edited:

emdee

Final Flight
Wow so much to look forward to today. I am home too so having a lovely day meeting friends.

My camera is really slow soI can never get the pics. Sorry. I dont think they will allow the big cameras or DD could have taken hers. I am sure that Kurt files will have pics soon by Teenes.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I suppose Lori and Christy became a package politically when conflicts arose within Team Chan.

Because Lori believed that Christy Krall's position was right. I'm sure what Lori Nichol has insisted were totally in concerns of Patrick's future. No personal gains and/or considerations on her own job involved.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I wrote before that the GPF might be a turning point of the figure skating cycle. I'm quite glad at this point that it seems to be the trough for Patrick, which means he may rise from here on hopefully all the way to Sochi. :)

Also glad that it was also likely a trough for Tessa and Scott as well though I had thought it might be the crest. I wouldn't mind at all for my favorites to have their lows at this point. ;)

spikydurian

Medalist
Oh naan, you are amazing. Thank you the one who got the picture of Patrick's costume.

SGrand said:
I even didn't mind his pants that he wears for Kingdom Come, they may have actually been a different pair because they seems a little longer and fitted.......or maybe I'm just crazy lol.

Thanks SGrand for the more detailed report on Patrick’s new Ex, and am happy to hear that you approve of his Til Kingdom Come’s costume. I think Patrick heard your complaint on his ill-fitting pants and changed it!
What’s a KC? Did he ‘pull a Chan’ (ie. silly falls):laugh: Haven't seen any pictures of the COI yet. Hope more to come from whatever sources.

emdee

Final Flight
Celebration on Ice was very enjoyable.

First our Patty:
Kingdom Come and new program- Dollar
Patty looked tired. Kingdom Come was pretty good and smooth but the program doesnt have the wonderful footwork of some of his earlier exs.
I do not like the Dollar program of Deans. At best it could be called hokey. It does not showcase Patrick's skills and the cap tricks are silly.
It was great to see his smile. All the filming and cameras were right behind us so all the skaters made sure to smile and pose a bit in our area.
Patrick lead off the Silent Night skating at the end and here we saw movement similar to Elegy. Slow, smooth and very beautiful Could see the influence of Kathy Johnson. Was the best thing he did.

The highlight for me was Jeff's skate to O Holy Night. He was spectacular and got a standing ovation ( at least from me and a few others).
Joannie was incredible. She is such an elegant skater. Kurt was Kurt - happy to see the singing in the rain program especially since he is close to retirement and we will see him only for a few years. It was good to see Elvis again. Now I remember why I liked him and what I dont like about him. I last saw him at least 10 years ago when we had Elvis's Tour of Champions show in Toronto.

Enjoyed Duhamel and Radford . He has gorgeous line and she is much improved from last year when I saw her at the GPF. Unfortunately Violetta and Peter Dack withdrew due to a family emergency but we saw the young Gabriel Daleman and she looked quite solid for her age.

Shawn Sawyer's Allegria is in a class by itself. Spectacular. Second time I saw it but as enthralling as the first.

The 4 WCs had a special program and it was interesting to see their styles on the ice. The two Mariposa skaters ( Jeff & Elvis)and the two Granite skaters (Kurt and Patrick). Came to the conclusion that Kurt and Patrick have some similarities in their skating. Not surprising as I know that Patrick always looked up to Kurt when he was growing up at the Granite.
I never go for the post skating banquets but we did go hoping to see Patrick I wanted to talk to him so much and tell him that we were behind him whatever he decides and whether he wins or loses. DD wnted to tell him he should come to Asian night market in my area to meet his supporters. When they had it this year they had a lifesize picture of him supporting some cause relating to stem cells. Unfortunately, only Joannie showed up. She is absolutely stunning in person and so nice too. Spoke to all the little girls in a very warm and friendly way..

Since I am unable to go to Canadians my next skating event will be worlds.

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
Thanks Emdee for the update. Great to hear you had a good time but disappointed that you didn't manage to give Paddy a hug from all of us. They all must be tired having to move on from one place to another after each show.

emdee

Final Flight
Thanks Emdee for the update. Great to hear you had a good time but disappointed that you didn't manage to give Paddy a hug from all of us. They all must be tired having to move on from one place to another after each show.

Shook his hand though at the skate around the rink.

Its really a tiring round of 4 shows four days.
I wonder if Patrick is invited to the Japanese Gala after their Nats as he has been some years.

Last edited:

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
Shook his hand though as the skate around the rink.

Its really a tiring round of 4 shows four days.
I wonder if Patrick is invited to the Japanese Gala after their Nats as he as been some years.

I'm so envioius:laugh:
Thank you for your report on the show. I could watch the short video (Silent Night) on youtube, a joy to watch.

BTW, I don't think he'll perform at the Medalist On Ice in Japan this year. At this time of the last year, we'd already heard he would join the Gala.

emdee

Final Flight
I guess that Patrick didnt win the Japan open so maybe he is off the list? Will someone else be at the Medalist on Ice show?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I guess that Patrick didnt win the Japan open so maybe he is off the list? Will someone else be at the Medalist on Ice show?

I think he had to choose between Celebration or Medalists on Ice. He's already worn out, n'est ce pas? It made sense to stay closer to home.

emdee

Final Flight
But celebration was over yesterday. I think he was worn out so I am happy he is not going to Japan.

Also pre Olys it is better he reaches out to Canadian audiences and supporters in order to get financial support.

lakeside

On the Ice
Emdee and SGrand you’re so sweet! I love reading your reports. :love:

I don’t think it’d be a good idea to do MOI, jet lag and all. He needs to have a good rest and prepare for nationals and worlds.

emdee

Final Flight
Nationals for him is usually a crowning. And the beauty is that it is where he does the best skating too.

I am so sad that I wont be seeing him although its so close to home. Of course it will be nice to have warm weather and sunny beaches so I shouldnt really complain.