Patrick Chan | Page 288 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Nice Mack the Knife show performance in Japan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD_y1ChT_rU
THIS is what I have been waiting to see!!! :yay: LOVE IT!!! :love: Starting at the edge of the rink and skating quickly across to center ice at the beginning is particularly effective for this piece of music. Looks like he did 2 3Ts and a 2A this time. The footwork/transitions is my favorite part of this program - to die for!!! The costume is amazing - much better than either of his competitive ones. His smile at the end is so great too.

Also, vivley, I :love: the fan site! :bow::thank: I will be visiting it often. It's way better than Patrick's official website. :laugh:

And, Mango, you used the phrase "let us agree to move on and let the fans celebrate Patrick" in your last post here. I hope you don't think that we think you're "not a fan" just because you want Patrick to keep up technically. You are a wonderful fan and are welcome to post here anytime. This thread is a celebration of Patrick but it's also a place for meaningful discussions about his skating and his place within the figure skating landscape. You have contributed to such meaningful discussions and have always expressed your thoughts in a positive way.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
THIS is what I have been waiting to see!!! :yay: LOVE IT!!! :love: Starting at the edge of the rink and skating quickly across to center ice at the beginning is particularly effective for this piece of music. Looks like he did 2 3Ts and a 2A this time. The footwork/transitions is my favorite part of this program - to die for!!! The costume is amazing - much better than either of his competitive ones. His smile at the end is so great too.

This is a wonderful performance of MTK as, I believe, how Patrick has wanted to present it. The joy and his smiles are priceless. Of course, it is done with much easier jumps which removes almost all tension and barriers to free artistic expression. Were the intricate steps all the way into the first 3T there in competition?

Also, vivley, I :love: the fan site! :bow::thank: I will be visiting it often. It's way better than Patrick's official website. :laugh:

:)

Maybe vivley can be the official site manager?

And, Mango, you used the phrase "let us agree to move on and let the fans celebrate Patrick" in your last post here. I hope you don't think that we think you're "not a fan" just because you want Patrick to keep up technically. You are a wonderful fan and are welcome to post here anytime. This thread is a celebration of Patrick but it's also a place for meaningful discussions about his skating and his place within the figure skating landscape. You have contributed to such meaningful discussions and have always expressed your thoughts in a positive way.

I want to make clear to Mango that our philosophical differences have nothing to do with grading our fandom. We are different individuals and have different ways of managing our feelings and of supporting the same cause or person. Also, I'm not saying Patrick does not need to be technically competitive, which I believe he is working on and will succeed in. Nor am I hoping for mishaps or under-performances from others just so he could win. I am about being open to good things and about acceptance. There will be no disappointments or suffering with acceptance. Thus I'm at no risk of mental auto-immunity. :)

Mango's stance did get me to ponder the fear of disappointment so commonly observed and the need to protect oneself from disappointments, even by oneself. Some irrational or overblown fears, e.g. of rejection, are survival mechanism as rejection might have meant non survival in earlier times of tribal societies and during one's infancy and early childhood. However, it does not have that much importance in adulthood but the fear maintains a tight hold on most people. Similarly, some behaviors, such as adultery, were very disruptive in a small tribal society but don't have the same devastating effect in today's huge population and global mobility. As for rejecting high hopes perceived to be unrealistic, I'm not quite sure it's the fear of being disappointed or of being disappointing that is at the crux. Just thoughts as I'm prone to ponder such mental processes. 'Tis the off season, after all.

I wonder if Patrick is working on his new program(s).

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

Glad you like it! His website isn't bad; it just needs updating.

Maybe vivley can be the official site manager?

I am flattered by your suggestion. Maybe someday...

----------
Right now I'm still putting together the fan site music page.

Does anyone here know which version of Nessun Dorma Patrick skated to here? I've been searching and searching but can't seem to find that particular version. It's a crossover version (sorry, 4everchan).

Thanks!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Glad you like it! His website isn't bad; it just needs updating.

I am flattered by your suggestion. Maybe someday...

----------
Right now I'm still putting together the fan site music page.

Does anyone here know which version of Nessun Dorma Patrick skated to here? I've been searching and searching but can't seem to find that particular version. It's a crossover version (sorry, 4everchan).

Thanks!

I put that performance 4 times through Soundhound and got 4 different artists but 4th time was the charm. Nessun Dorma Redux by The East Village Opera Company. It's pretty awful to be honest. I'm a huge purist and I hate it when contemporary singers does awful popera covers.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I put that performance 4 times through Soundcloud and got 4 different artists but 4th time was the charm. Nessun Dorma Redux by The East Village Opera Company. It's pretty awful to be honest. I'm a huge purist and I hate it when contemporary singers does awful popera covers.

you are not the only purist here.... wow... this is so awful.... i died a little.

let's forgive Patrick's team ... he was so young... ;)

Last edited:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I put that performance 4 times through Soundhound and got 4 different artists but 4th time was the charm. Nessun Dorma Redux by The East Village Opera Company. It's pretty awful to be honest. I'm a huge purist and I hate it when contemporary singers does awful popera covers.

Bravo, Krunchii! Thanks for finding this out! I wondered why none of the sites gave credit to the musicians. If Patrick had skated to Pavarotti, they would have listed him.

Thanks so much vivley for creating this wonderful one-stop shopping website!!!

:laugh: You're welcome! I'm thanking everyone in advance for their help with the little details that make it truly "one-stop".

you are not the only purist here.... wow... this is so awful.... i died a little.

let's forgive Patrick's team ... he was so young... ;)

:rofl: And perhaps a little rebellious?

By the way, here is another music question: Has anyone heard of this song and artist? Feline by E. van Dijken

Supposedly it was used for Patrick's program here. I haven't been able to find a composer by that name. Just look at 15 year-old Patrick, when they were predicting he would become Canadian champion!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
no idea about the music but so nice to see mini patrick skate like big patrick already :) memories ;)

m0001

On the Ice
vivley, do I understand there will be two events on Saturday? The first one is 1-2 at Flat Rock Cellars
Jordan, Ontario, and the second one is 4-5 at 3075 Highway 7 East, Markham, Ontario? It's at least one and half hour's drive. Hopefully the traff will not be too busy on Saturday afternoon.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Everyone, Patrick will be on Twitter at 8 p.m. Eastern Time tonight for a tweetchat with Dayton Davis about his icewine. If you are able to join, please use the #NiagaraWineTalk hashtag in your tweets.

If you don't know what a tweetchat is or how to join one, here's how. I just learned this morning myself. Should be fun!

vivley, do I understand there will be two events on Saturday? The first one is 1-2 at Flat Rock Cellars
Jordan, Ontario, and the second one is 4-5 at 3075 Highway 7 East, Markham, Ontario? It's at least one and half hour's drive. Hopefully the traff will not be too busy on Saturday afternoon.

Yes, there are two events this Saturday - that reminds me that I need to put the link from Twitter on my events page. In the meantime, they are here and here. I didn't know they were that far apart. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I didn't know he'd be in Markham, thinking of making the trip because it's actually super close...

If you do, please let us know how it went! I called Flat Rock Cellars today and their customer representative was very, very nice. She joked that I should fly over to Ontario today so I could see him tomorrow. :laugh:

Meanwhile, Patrick announced that he uses a non-profit called Leave A Trace (added to his followees).

https://twitter.com/Pchiddy/status/743812942836076544

And now he is followed by someone from The Miami Dolphins?!!

https://twitter.com/Pchiddy/followers

Happy Friday everyone!

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Supposedly it was used for Patrick's program here. I haven't been able to find a composer by that name. Just look at 15 year-old Patrick, when they were predicting he would become Canadian champion!

First part of the program's music is from Tango (a movie)'s soundtrack called La Represión, second part of the music is Feline by El Choclo which can be found in multiple Tango albums, couldn't find a Youtube link but you can listen to it here. All thanks to good old Soundhound.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Went to LCBO today because it was down the street from me and met Patrick. He's really sweet and smiles a lot. Told me that his SP was choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo and LP by David Wilson, no clues to music. I alsked him about the 4S injuries from last season and he said it was ok and just due to a few incidents and that he intends on keeping his current layout the same for now. He said he will very likely be at Skate Canada so I'll def see him there. He says he hasn't thought about music for the Olympic season at all. I had a suggestion for music for him but I forgot to say it. Oh well.

I took some pictures with him but those are for myself only. For now here is a picture of the wine I got with his autograph.

And vivley he says that he's seen you on twitter and about your site, he said he's grateful for his fans' support of him.

Last edited:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
First part of the program's music is from Tango (a movie)'s soundtrack called La Represión, second part of the music is Feline by El Choclo which can be found in multiple Tango albums, couldn't find a Youtube link but you can listen to it here. All thanks to good old Soundhound.

Wow, thank you so much Krunchii! I added this link to my music page. Now I just need to test all the links, polish up the page, yada yada before I make it public.

Went to LCBO today because it was down the street from me and met Patrick. He's really sweet and smiles a lot. Told me that his SP was choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo and LP by David Wilson, no clues to music. I alsked him about the 4S injuries from last season and he said it was ok and just due to a few incidents and that he intends on keeping his current layout the same for now. He said he will very likely be at Skate Canada so I'll def see him there. He says he hasn't thought about music for the Olympic season at all. I had a suggestion for music for him but I forgot to say it. Oh well.

I took some pictures with him but those are for myself only. For now here is a picture of the wine I got with his autograph.

And vivley he says that he's seen you on twitter and about your site, he said he's grateful for his fans' support of him.

Wow!!!!!! I'm so happy you were able to meet him! I just looked at all the photos people shared on Twitter, and he looks great! It seemed like he had two fun events being with the fans! Thanks for sharing your photo of the autograph as well. I would like to create a page with photos of his siggys. I may ask to borrow your photo.

Thank you for asking him those questions - you were brave! I'm happy to hear that he felt comfortable sharing the answers with you. Do you mind if I mention this on the fan blog or would it be better to wait? Let me know what you think.

And you are so sweet to mention me and the fan page. I'm so happy to hear his reaction! Cheers! :hap57::hap93::yes2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nice!!!!!! so no 4S :( sigh but as long as he is healthy... that's what matters most.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Wow, thank you so much Krunchii! I added this link to my music page. Now I just need to test all the links, polish up the page, yada yada before I make it public.

Wow!!!!!! I'm so happy you were able to meet him! I just looked at all the photos people shared on Twitter, and he looks great! It seemed like he had two fun events being with the fans! Thanks for sharing your photo of the autograph as well. I would like to create a page with photos of his siggys. I may ask to borrow your photo.

Thank you for asking him those questions - you were brave! I'm happy to hear that he felt comfortable sharing the answers with you. Do you mind if I mention this on the fan blog or would it be better to wait? Let me know what you think.

And you are so sweet to mention me and the fan page. I'm so happy to hear his reaction! Cheers! :hap57::hap93::yes2:

He talks exactly like he does in interviews he was pretty formal but very approachable. The worst he could say was no if he didn't want to talk about his programs so I just asked. You're welcome to include my photo and if you want to mention it I don't mind.

nice!!!!!! so no 4S :( sigh but as long as he is healthy... that's what matters most.

He said maybe! I think he's just taking it easy until he feels comfortable with the jump.