Patrick Chan | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Chocolate? What a great idea! Why didn't I think of it? Not the cheapy Hershey's kisses that give you a sugar high, but the thin-sliced gourmet chocolate that melts in the mouth like honey. The nose breathes sweetness and the tongue speaks love in the smiling warmth of the morning sun....Yum.

Oooh this sounds like a visit to Bernard Callebout(sp) if you're in Vancouver or Kelowna but here in Ontario, I'll head off for some Godiva. I also need some champagne to go along with it once I get settled in my chair to watch Nationals.

I beat you to it. Godiva has a new bar that's milk chocolate with strawberry bits in it. They had it at a nearby shop.

>slurp<

Enjoy watching Nationals, all you in Canada! I hope everyone skates splendid programs.

jettasian

Match Penalty
I hope Patrick will have a great skate...great to celebrate the Chinese New Year

Maybe instead of throwing flowers and toys and panties....they should just give him some good lucky red-pocket $$ :)

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
I hope Patrick will have a great skate...great to celebrate the Chinese New Year

Maybe instead of throwing flowers and toys and panties....they should just give him some good lucky red-pocket $$ :)

"Angpows".. that would be great:thumbsup: I am sure he wouldn't complain and he and his coach can then stay in a nicer hotel. Can anyone upload you-tube on the canadian nationals here? I live many thousand kms from Canada where if it snows, it will be the end of the world. :) Thanks. I just saw from the online results that Patrick scored over 100 points in his SP. OMG.. He must have nailed his quad brilliantly. Way to go, Patrick.

Last edited:

Boeing787

On the Ice
"Angpows".. that would be great:thumbsup: I am sure he wouldn't complain and he and his coach can then stay in a nicer hotel. Can anyone upload you-tube on the canadian nationals here? I live many thousand kms from Canada where if it snows, it will be the end of the world. :) Thanks. I just saw from the online results that Patrick scored over 100 points in his SP. OMG.. He must have nailed his quad brilliantly. Way to go, Patrick.

Yes, he did, and the 3A as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIlkYTpYMKI

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I beat you to it. Godiva has a new bar that's milk chocolate with strawberry bits in it. They had it at a nearby shop.

>slurp<

Enjoy watching Nationals, all you in Canada! I hope everyone skates splendid programs.

Godiva also has it with dark chocolate. OOoooohhhh!
Patrick was brilliant! And it was really interesting seeing Reynolds and Rogozine. The women were more interesting this year. Quite a few feisty skaters. Pairs is a real nailbiter; I hope they all skate splendidly. Duh/Rad look really strong and Dube looks refreshed. Wow, it's exciting! Ice dance is scaring me. V/M just look like different skaters. Hope that's just a blip. Going to get a quick bite and then it's back to the TV with wine AND chocolate. Egads, I love Nationals!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Haha i have been saying that for ages! And he would totally deserve all 101 red packets worth of $$$ perfection! :p

Ravensque

On the Ice
Three words to describe Patrick's short program: Perfection, Perfection, Perfection!!!!!
I hope he can "bring it" again tomorrow in the long.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Chan skates one for the ages at Canadian championships

“Believe it or not, his last words to me (before he went on the ice) are, ‘I’m going to take small steps,’” said his coach Christy Krall. “Because when he starts to overstride, he gets too fast and you’ve seen what that does. Sometimes he runs into walls.”

:biggrin:

Patrick Chan takes commanding lead at Canadian figure skating championships

Asked who he would prefer to accompany to the world championships, Chan said he was confident Reynolds could deliver the goods.

“All of the (top men) are great,” said Chan, who was born in Ottawa and grew up in Toronto. “They’re all great friends.

“I think we have a strong team spirit. Out of all the years I’ve been on the world team, this is the biggest brotherhood I would say, out of all of us. But it would be nice to see Kevin go (to the world championships). He’s a very consistent, very strong skater, and he’s made a lot of improvements from last year.”

With consistency, Kevin would be a great choice.

Youtube: Patrick CHAN - CDN Nat 12 - SP

I love the end of this one showing skaters and coaches applauding, which is not shown on the TSN video.

Last edited:

skatinginbc

Medalist
"World figure skating champion Patrick Chan was spotted in the elevator of his hotel on Saturday morning with big plate of bacon and eggs" (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/01/21/chan-thrills-at-national-skate-championships). Aha, now we are talking! :biggrin: A big plate of bacon and eggs dipped in sweet cream butter, adorned with parsley, broccoli and salad shrimp to lend vivid, beautiful spring colors, and sprinkled with black pepper, chili powder and ground almond/peanuts according to individual taste. Or maybe he was just being a good kid bringing breakfast to his parents or whoever accompanied him to the competition.

Last edited:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
"World figure skating champion Patrick Chan was spotted in the elevator of his hotel on Saturday morning with big plate of bacon and eggs" (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/01/21/chan-thrills-at-national-skate-championships). Aha, now we are talking! :biggrin: A big plate of bacon and eggs dipped in sweet cream butter, adorned with parsley, broccoli and salad shrimp to lend vivid, beautiful spring colors, and sprinkled with black pepper, chili powder and ground almond/peanuts according to individual taste. Or maybe he was just being a good kid bringing breakfast to his parents or whoever accompanied him to the competition.

I hope you're a food editor in another part of your life. Your descriptions make me want to head to the fridge!