Patrick Chan | Page 121 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
ITA, SkateFiguring!

Since reading it, I've visualized Patrick's great smile after his skate of his life and his getting standing ovation in Sochi.

You get what you ask. If you want him to win the gold medal, not just a great performance. visualize him getting the gold medal with no contradiction, especially from Patrick! We are not supposed to interfere in another person's life but group energy wishing the best for him, for what he really wants himself, gives a lot of support, especially when done with love.

Aprilsnowy

Rinkside
You get what you ask. If you want him to win the gold medal, not just a great performance. visualize him getting the gold medal with no contradiction, especially from Patrick! We are not supposed to interfere in another person's life but group energy wishing the best for him, for what he really wants himself, gives a lot of support, especially when done with love.

OK、I will;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
This is U.S. and N. American centric but I love it.....

Patrick is the only male figure skater included in The 24 Hottest Athletes At The Sochi Olympics

.....because the naughty part of me wants to post it outside this thread just to say "eat your heart out" (or "blow your head out") to a whole lot of people. :slink: Ah, do we want such pre-Olympic drama ?

:laugh:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States

Patrick is the only male figure skater included in The 24 Hottest Athletes At The Sochi Olympics

.....because the naughty part of me wants to post it outside this thread just to say "eat your heart out" (or "blow your head out") to a whole lot of people. :slink: Ah, do we want such pre-Olympic drama ?

A BIG NO! In fact, I'm staying away from the competition threads and The Edge for the duration of the Olympics. And, except for this one, I probably will not open a thread with Patrick's name in the title ever again (well, at least not for a while).

I really appreciate you, SkateFiguring, for your humor. You also have a great perspective on things and help to calm the rest of us down. This is, and always will be, my favorite place to hang out on GS. We sure do know how to have a good time. ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
OK、I will;)

when you visualize with total focus and then either let go or keep the intention without contradiction, the intention gets through to the subconscious, which is extremely capable to make things happen, but, watch out, don't joke or get fancy with it because it takes things literally with no judgement. That's why you need to focus on the positive, what you want. If, instead of focusing on the dream home, you keep thinking "I just want to get out of this damn house", you may get your wish in a way you don't want, like having the house burn down or being evicted.

I once managed an online investment account for a friend which I wanted to bring up to $150 K from $100K, so I visualized the balance in the account box being $150,000. One day, I looked at the balance and it was over $160K so I wondered what happened in the market that day and which investment brought such a sudden change in value. It turned out to be a tech glitz which disappeared in a hour. But I saw what I wanted to see. I had a good laugh.

A lot of people want to be happy so they wish for money, fame, or a lover, only to find out they are not happy when they do get what they wanted. Always go with what you really want, which is usually a state of mind, which is usually a choice you can make already. (A wise person said, I paraphrase," It is very difficult to find happiness from the inside, but it is impossible anywhere else.")

It is also good to make an insurance statement like "for the highest good of all involved" (which gets the super-conscious mind to guide the subconscious, like a wise grand father supervising the super talented whiz kid.)

I wish for Patrick to win the OGM so that's what I would visualize, but never wishing bad things for any of his rivals.

Thanks skatingfan4ever for being so flattering. I do like this thread being a happy place, a fest, and hope we will all keep it that way.

emdee

Final Flight

Spiky called him Steamy!
Actually he is one good looking kid and this from an old hag like me.

Coriana

On the Ice
Surely we old hags are the best judges - experience counts for a lot. Though in this particular dept, though no other, I still have to given the nod to Joubert. Patrick's great hold on my imagination is his power and freedom on the ice. He is my dream of flying.

noskates

Record Breaker
I'm a devoted Jason Brown fan and would also like Jeremy Abbott to do well in what will be his last amateur competition BUT...............have said this for 4 years! I want Patrick Chan to win the Gold Medal.

Have to admit - Brian is looking very good in that picture.

spikydurian

Medalist
^^^ Thanks noskates for your kind thoughts and good wishes for Patrick.

Correction, Emdee. I wasn't the one who called Patrick 'steamy'. The article described them as 'hot and steamy'.:laugh: I think the only time I have used the word 'steamy' on someone is when that someone appears 'sweaty'. :biggrin:

Coriana said:
Surely we old hags are the best judges - experience counts for a lot. Though in this particular dept, though no other, I still have to given the nod to Joubert. Patrick's great hold on my imagination is his power and freedom on the ice. He is my dream of flying.
Oh yes, I cannot disagree with that. Who says age is a barrier when it comes to admiring 'hot and steamy' athletes. :p And yes, among the current breed, the honour of steamiest should go to Brian Joubert. :)

Ohmmmmmmmmmm ... no steamy thoughts.....only clean thoughts .....ohmmmmmmmmm..... Patrick wins Patrick wins Patrick wins Patrick wins

Article - Toronto Goes for Gold on Patrick and support for Patrick from friends in Toronto.

Few places will feel that exquisite anxiety more than Toronto’s uptown, where the skater was raised and still has countless friends and fans.

Growing up near Yonge and York Mills, the young athlete spent much of his time skating at the Granite Club on Bayview Avenue. Chan, who is of Chinese descent, grew up speaking Cantonese with his mother and French with his father. He picked up English outside of his home, though he was educated at the French-speaking École secondaire Étienne-Brûlé, where school staff remember him fondly as a self-confident teen who took his skating seriously but was modest about his success. The school now has an annual sporting award named after him.

Emdee, apparently Markham is only 20 minutes drive from York Mills-Yonge (ok.. i googled). You should know people who know the Chans. ;)

I think you will get your answer here, Coriana. PChiddy originates from PDiddy (I have no idea what's a diddy?) And Byrce Davidson and Scott Moir are fighting for the copyright over PChiddy.

emdee

Final Flight
^^^ Thanks noskates for your kind thoughts and good wishes for Patrick.

Correction, Emdee. I wasn't the one who called Patrick 'steamy'. The article described them as 'hot and steamy'.:laugh: I think the only time I have used the word 'steamy' on someone is when that someone appears 'sweaty'. :biggrin:

Oh yes, I cannot disagree with that. Who says age is a barrier when it comes to admiring 'hot and steamy' athletes. :p And yes, among the current breed, the honour of steamiest should go to Brian Joubert. :)

Ohmmmmmmmmmm ... no steamy thoughts.....only clean thoughts .....ohmmmmmmmmm..... Patrick wins Patrick wins Patrick wins Patrick wins

Article - Toronto Goes for Gold on Patrick and support for Patrick from friends in Toronto.

Emdee, apparently Markham is only 20 minutes drive from York Mills-Yonge (ok.. i googled). You should know people who know the Chans. ;)

I think you will get your answer here, Coriana. PChiddy originates from PDiddy (I have no idea what's a diddy?) And Byrce Davidson and Scott Moir are fighting for the copyright over PChiddy.

My DH used to say that everyone is only about 3 handshakes away from anyone ( even the Queen). How true. I have shaken the hand of a friend who used to work with Lewis Chan and I am sure he has held the hand of his son..... Yes its only 20 minutes away. At one time we used to drive home via York Mills and I used to check to see if I could see any skaters at the Toronto Cricket Club which is close to Yonge on York Mills Rd.

I think PDiddy is a rapper!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
My DH used to say that everyone is only about 3 handshakes away from anyone ( even the Queen). How true. I have shaken the hand of a friend who used to work with Lewis Chan and I am sure he has held the hand of his son..... Yes its only 20 minutes away. At one time we used to drive home via York Mills and I used to check to see if I could see any skaters at the Toronto Cricket Club which is close to Yonge on York Mills Rd.

There is a theory and a movie based on it, which says everyone in this world is connected by no more than 6 persons in between, thus "Six Degrees Of Separation". In these days of internet and online relationships, I think it does not take six intermediaries to connect to most people.

I think P Diddy is a rapper!

Sean Comb, aka P Diddy and Puff Daddy, is a rapper and a successful businessman. He goes mostly by his real name these days.

A few years ago, I came across a forum where a bunch of English speaking/writing Korean ladies nominated and discussed hot Asian athletes and Patrick was in it. An "old hag" claimed Patrick for her granddaughter. :)

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh, that is too adorable! I love Patrick's laugh. All the best to PChiddy, and many thanks to Bryce Davison and/or Scott Moir for coming up with the nickname! ;) Sounds like Patrick is settling in well in Sochi, and is happy, healthy, and ready to go! :biggrin:

I can't believe it's so close now. The Men's Individual FS is a mere 10 days away. How time flies. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though - team event first. Is Patrick going to get to attend the Opening Ceremony? I'm not sure, given the demands of the team event.

spikydurian

Medalist
Oh, that is too adorable! I love Patrick's laugh. All the best to PChiddy, and many thanks to Bryce Davison and/or Scott Moir for coming up with the nickname! ;) Sounds like Patrick is settling in well in Sochi, and is happy, healthy, and ready to go! :biggrin:

I can't believe it's so close now. The Men's Individual FS is a mere 10 days away. How time flies. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though - team event first. Is Patrick going to get to attend the Opening Ceremony? I'm not sure, given the demands of the team event.

I admit, this old hag here was first mesmerized by his skating and then his smiles.:laugh: These smiles make me swoon and warms my heart. Surely with his smiles, it's so easy to send him positive thought across the ocean.

No, we don't know whether he will attend the Opening Ceremony since the competition is the following day right?

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
No, we don't know whether he will attend the Opening Ceremony since the competition is the following day right?
Patrick is skating in the Men's SP of the Team Event on Feb 6th, which is the day before the Opening Ceremonies. He may also do the Team Event Men's LP (rosters are announced after the SP concludes), which is Feb 9th. The Individual Event is Feb 13th and Feb 14th.

coppertop1

On the Ice
Slightly off in the SP in the team event but he can definitely pull up in the LP. Go, Patrick!! And now he can get the kinks out of the way in for the men's SP!

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
I did not feel the magic with Patrick yesterday. The whole program seemed very tight for him. I really really really hope that the SP is not becoming a mental block for Patrick. He's had three SPs in a row with mistakes, followed by good LPs, when it used to be the other way around. I hope he doesn't let bad memories or negative thoughts affect him too much for the individual SP. I think he needs a clean SP to have a shot at the OGM. Hanyu and Plushy came to play and showed that they can beat him yesterday, so he better bring his A game next week. I couldn't hear the edges as well as usual during the footwork, which is either because (a) they weren't as deep and smooth and secure as usual or (b) they were fine but I couldn't hear them over Scott and Sandra's chatter. (They literally talked the ENTIRE TIME!!! :bang: Elegie is one of those programs where silence is required to truly and fully appreciate it). If Patrick is able to have a clean individual SP and then win the OGM, he should thank his lucky stars for the team event. It would have been very hard for him to win the individual OGM with that SP.

Sorry for being negative. I just needed to vent. Best of luck to Patrick in the team LP!!!

emdee

Final Flight
I did not feel the magic with Patrick yesterday. The whole program seemed very tight for him. I really really really hope that the SP is not becoming a mental block for Patrick. He's had three SPs in a row with mistakes, followed by good LPs, when it used to be the other way around. I hope he doesn't let bad memories or negative thoughts affect him too much for the individual SP. I think he needs a clean SP to have a shot at the OGM. Hanyu and Plushy came to play and showed that they can beat him yesterday, so he better bring his A game next week. I couldn't hear the edges as well as usual during the footwork, which is either because (a) they weren't as deep and smooth and secure as usual or (b) they were fine but I couldn't hear them over Scott and Sandra's chatter. (They literally talked the ENTIRE TIME!!! :bang: Elegie is one of those programs where silence is required to truly and fully appreciate it). If Patrick is able to have a clean individual SP and then win the OGM, he should thank his lucky stars for the team event. It would have been very hard for him to win the individual OGM with that SP.

Sorry for being negative. I just needed to vent. Best of luck to Patrick in the team LP!!!
All of us felt he was a bit off.

However when i have visualized him on top of the podium per Guru's suggestion he has been there by himself so I guess the visualization was for the individual event.