Patrick Chan | Page 162 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I heard Patrick's SP will have some tap dance moves in it? or I have watched some clips before. IIRC. Did he changed his SP music or something?

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Patrick's SP at Souvenir Georges-Éthier (Sept 25):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TELI674xQU0
The song says "Mack is back" but I think it could be changed to say "Patrick's back." :) I do think he needs to express it better for the intent of the lyrics to fully come across, but hopefully that will happen as time goes on. The program has amazing potential!!! It feels like a show program to me, which is a good sign because Patrick usually skates the most freely in his show programs. Hopefully that freedom and joy will shine through during the season.

What are the chances NBC will ever show this program? He'd probably have to be leading after the SP and/or have broken Hanyu's record. I HATE that US TV doesn't bother to show most of the SPs at the GPs!!! :bang: But at least there are kind fans who always upload other coverage on YouTube. In my dream world, at SC Terry Gannon will say, "Patrick Chan is back after a one-year hiatus. Let's take a look at his short program [regardless of how he placed]."

ETA: Just noticed cathlen's post above with the better quality video. Thanks so much!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
The song says "Mack is back" but I think it could be changed to say "Patrick's back." :) "

Or sexy edge is back in town! ~~

Seriously that was therapeutic for me, I miss Patrick's skating. Gorgeous foot work, effortless flow and ease. No one does it simply or purely as well as Patrick among the men.

Contrary to some, I like this effortless is more approach. No use of gimmicks to fake a performance. He is Patrick Chan, he is not Jim Carrey. His skating and movement does all there is needed for a classic crooner song, less is more with him rather than being too literal. In fact the less 'trying' he looks, the more powerful and masterful befitting to his stature it feels. No funny feathers, laces or unnecessary dramatic costume bling bling to demand attention or provide distraction. It is a more mature approach to his program overall. I even like his preppy look. Confident, understated, dignified and tasteful.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Seriously that was therapeutic for me, I miss Patrick's skating. Gorgeous foot work, effortless flow and ease. No one does it simply or purely as well as Patrick among the men.

Contrary to some, I like this effortless is more approach. No use of gimmicks to fake a performance. He is Patrick Chan, he is not Jim Carrey. His skating and movement does all there is needed for a classic crooner song, less is more with him rather than being too literal. In fact the less 'trying' he looks, the more powerful and masterful befitting to his stature it feels. No funny feathers, laces or unnecessary dramatic costume bling bling to demand attention or provide distraction. It is a more mature approach to his program overall. I even like his preppy look. Confident, understated, dignified and tasteful.

Yup, Patrick's skating is elegant, sublime and seemingly effortless. He can do authentic "cool", no need to fake or over embellish.

I don't think his new costumes are ready though and have been wondering who designs his costumes these days. I liked what Tu Ly did for him.

m0001

On the Ice

Exactly!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
totally agree with you on all points ..... thank you for typing it.. saves me time ;) go sexy edges :) !!!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Beautifully skated SP from Patrick, loved it! He truly is a master at his craft.
Welcome back Patrick! Thank you for sharing the video link! :)

mikaboo

Medalist
"Sexy edges" is a perfect way to describe Patrick's skating :laugh:
Wishing him the best at Japan Open next week.
Thank you for the video links.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
confessions from a fan.... i have just spent the afternoon doing nothing but watching tons of patrick's videos on youtube.... even when he was a tiny little kid HAHAHA
(i blame and thank skatefiguring for this):dance:

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
confessions from a fan.... i have just spent the afternoon doing nothing but watching tons of patrick's videos on youtube.... even when he was a tiny little kid HAHAHA
(i blame and thank skatefiguring for this):dance:
Most of us who post in this thread have probably done that at least once! I know I've done it many times! :yes: Watching Patrick videos NEVER gets old!!! :love::)

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
Patrick's 2015 JO Program
(Save it right now if you'd like to because it might disappear from YouTube like last year's did).

Lovely program. I can't see much difference from last year to this year, even though he said they were changing some things. Does anyone else see the changes? There was that tiny stumble at the very beginning and the jumps were off today. It seemed like he was rushing everything instead of taking his time. This costume seems like the "official" one, just going by what he's worn in past seasons. I like the costume, but I think it's too similar to Elegie. The step sequences are almost enough to make me forget about the jumping issues -- they are MASTERFUL!!!!! :love: Patrick had no falls, but I'm afraid his TES is going to be super low if he doesn't rotate the jumps. The judges punish doubles more than falls, so I'm slightly concerned, especially with Patrick's lower starting BV. Then again, I decided after Sochi not to care much about Patrick's future results and simply enjoy his skating. Easier said than done, of course. ;)