Patrick Chan | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

jettasian

Match Penalty
Anyone thinks Chan may keep his Aranjeuz next season with adding a 4S or 3A?? So why do we hear that he may add a 4S but not 4F? I thought 4F has higher score and I believe some have told him that he could easily do a 4F? So why 4S and not 4F?

Boeing787

On the Ice
Anyone thinks Chan may keep his Aranjeuz next season with adding a 4S or 3A?? So why do we hear that he may add a 4S but not 4F? I thought 4F has higher score and I believe some have told him that he could easily do a 4F? So why 4S and not 4F?

Haven't heard anything yet, but I think he'd rather work on 4F instead of 4S since he is good at 3F. If neither is stable, he has to add another 3A to the LP. Just hope he doesn't injure himself doing this.

spikydurian

Medalist
http://absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2010chan
Just wondering whether you all have read this before? Patrick knows he needs to stay 'vertical'. It's good to know that he wants to keep improving.
Skatefiguring, I still couldn't download the interview so I cannot guess the LOL section. :=(
BTW, can someone please upload on Youtube the 4CC when available? I will be eternally grateful. :)
I am checking out whether I can subscribe to Icenetworks in my homeland to get live streaming for the Worlds. How about you all? Anyone going to Nice in March? :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Have you checked out the ISU channel, upper right corner of the screen at

www.isu.org

They broadcast Europeans, and will be broadcasting 4CC's.

Double click on the icon and they will test and tell you whether you will be able to see the competition in your country, before you pay the subscription fee of $18.50.

Here's a direct link to the 4CC's signup page.

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/pay/index.html

Last edited:

Ravensque

On the Ice
Nope.......I tried the link and I guess we won't get it in Canada :(. When I clicked on it, it came up and then just disappeared. Oh well.

jettasian

Match Penalty
CBC is going to show the Long Program only on next Sunday, urgh! I thought they were better than CTV :mad:

mmcdermott

On the Ice
CBC is going to show the Long Program only on next Sunday, urgh! I thought they were better than CTV :mad:

Well, on the other hand, it looks like they're showing a lot of Worlds live, and even some of Junior Worlds. And most of the GPF was live. I guess we can't expect to take over their entire network every time there's a skating event on ;)

But, I agree, it would be nice to have a bit more coverage than that!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
For me it was, what is the strangest gift you ever received? "A shirt." Now he has graduated to panties. :laugh:

He was still such a kid in this video. I LOL when he said his hardest times were when he started out as a Senior and came in 7th and then 5th before winning the Nationals, so bad that he "almost quit", just as he almost did after the Olympics 5th place finish. He has come a long way, as an athlete and as a growing maturing person.

It also shows how he has strong momentary emotional reaction to frustrations that he overcomes by going forward with more motivation and success. That and the natural high expectation of himself are both marks of a champion.

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
Have you checked out the ISU channel, upper right corner of the screen at

www.isu.org

They broadcast Europeans, and will be broadcasting 4CC's.

Double click on the icon and they will test and tell you whether you will be able to see the competition in your country, before you pay the subscription fee of $18.50.

Here's a direct link to the 4CC's signup page.

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/pay/index.html
Oh thanks Doris. Will try later! Muah. You are a gem. :) ...eternally grateful :biggrin:

spikydurian

Medalist
Came across this video from 2008. Guess at which point I LOL?

Patrick Chan then.
Alright, I now managed to watch this video. Hmmm LOL section ... Racing car and tools to build a house to bring to the desert? Hahhaha... the former is probably his dream present and the latter out of necessity. Definitely a 'pratical' person as commented by the interviewer.
And yes, he looks like a 'kid' then. Boy, he has grown into an attractive young man now ;)