Patrick Chan | Page 223 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
All is hiding in plain sight. As you seek, open your eyes and you shall see. ;)

You don't need to steal it. Follow your heart's desire and go for it. You've had it in your heart for a while now, haven't you? Design your bliss.

:agree:

:p

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Always such beautiful edges.

Wishing Patrick peace and confidence. Hope he keeps on track and to my schedule for him. :)

Oh, yes. Here's another article in the Taiwanese media about Patrick. It says that even though he took a break after Sochi, his skating skills have not diminished. It also mentions that although Patrick has performed shows in Taiwan, this is his first time competing there:

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/appledaily/article/sports/20160217/37066265/

I'm surprised that I haven't seen any video interviews with Patrick from the local media yet. One factor is that he doesn't speak Mandarin (they already interviewed Karen Chen who speaks it fluently), but I expect some interviews to be forthcoming, especially when he wins. ;)

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
hey guys, did Patrick say something about quads? How's it going? At 4CC not necessary to add second quad, but may be he is planning surprise at the Worlds? And how his 3A now? I hope that he will be able to deal with this

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
hey guys, did Patrick say something about quads? How's it going? At 4CC not necessary to add second quad, but may be he is planning surprise at the Worlds? And how his 3A now? I hope that he will be able to deal with this

Welcome to the fest, puremagic!

vivley linked Patrick's planned program contents at the previous page. It's the same as at the Nationals where he did 2 beautiful quads but doubled the planned 2nd 3A and the last jump, a 3F. With further training, he will likely have the stamina for the whole contents at 4CC.

His 3A has been great, which is why he's planning to do 2 in the LP. He is likely to add a different quad next season. He is easing back into competition the smart way to avoid any injury.

m0001

On the Ice
From CBC (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figureskating/canada-our-continents-1.3450808), Pj's Podium Picks and broadcast schedule:

Men: Patrick Chan CAN

Pairs: Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford CAN

Ladies: Gracie Gold USA

Dance: Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje CAN

Watch live on CBC Sports

Friday

Ice dance free program, 12:20 a.m. ET
Saturday

Pairs free program, 1:20 a.m. ET
Ladies free program, 4:50 a.m. ET
Men's free program, 10:50 p.m. ET

Sunday

Gala, 4:50 a.m. ET

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Finally, a new article with a new photo and some new quotes from Patrick to the Taiwanese press!

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/appledaily/article/sports/20160218/37067498/

He said, "I am always very excited to come to Asia. There's a huge market for figure skating in Japan, and I hope it can also be popular in Taiwan and China. To me, winning first place and medals are not important, I am only concerned with whether I can achieve my goals and complete my performances."

During yesterday's practice he had a lot of falls. He said, "The Taipei ice rink is very challenging. Where I train, the ice is very stable. Here, every day it is different; the temperature, atmosphere is different, like today the ice was a bit hard, I can't quite grasp the feeling on how to overcome these [factors]; to me it's an excellent challenge."

Eeek, as I mentioned before, I was worried about whether Taipei's high humidity and climate would affect skaters including Patrick, and it seems to be a challenge for him due to fluctuations in the ice itself. This will be a good competition for him to learn to overcome these factors. Stay upright, Patrick! You can do it!

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Finally, a new article with a new photo and some new quotes from Patrick to the Taiwanese press!

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/appledaily/article/sports/20160218/37067498/

They do take very nice photos at Taipei.

He said, "I am always very excited to come to Asia. There's a huge market for figure skating in Japan, and I hope it can also be popular in Taiwan and China. To me, winning first place and medals are not important, I am only concerned with whether I can achieve my goals and complete my performances."

During yesterday's practice he had a lot of falls. He said, "The Taipei ice rink is very challenging. Where I train, the ice is very stable. Here, every day it is different; the temperature, atmosphere is different, like today the ice was a bit hard, I can't quite grasp the feeling on how to overcome these [factors]; to me it's an excellent challenge."

Eeek, as I mentioned before, I was worried about whether Taipei's high humidity and climate would affect skaters including Patrick, and it seems to be a challenge for him due to fluctuations in the ice itself. This will be a good competition for him to learn to overcome these factors. Stay upright, Patrick! You can do it!

This reminds me of something I have wanted to suggest for a long time: As we send love and white light to Patrick, do the same for the ice. Well, send love and blessing to judges and fans as well.

I think he is doing very well and will achieve his goals. I've tagged him to execute his full contents cleanly at 4CC. So far he seems calm and focused, a good winning mindset for him.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
of course but after the quad triple, there aren't many good jumping passes succeeded... and even that first combo wasn't as good as usually EVEN for a practice session.... :) but I am a true believer and I know Patrick will do well ;)
He should never be at his best at practice.

It was a fine and full run through. I'm happy with that.