Patrick Chan | Page 375 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
They usually announce it around Nats.

I think it may be Vancouver. Especially if the new rink is ready

:sad4: It's going to be too much if GPF18 and Nationals 2018 are both in Vancouver!! 2017 Skate Canada is in Regina, so we've got things happening in the west already. Need more things east of Saskatchewan.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i corrected your post :) LOL no offense to anyone ;)
:sad4: It's going to be too much if GPF18 and Nationals 2018 are both in Vancouver!! 2017 Skate Canada is in Regina, so we've got things happening in the west already. Need more things out of Saskatchewan.

emdee

Final Flight
:sad4: It's going to be too much if GPF18 and Nationals 2018 are both in Vancouver!! 2017 Skate Canada is in Regina, so we've got things happening in the west already. Need more things east of Saskatchewan.

GPF 18 is after the Olys. No Chan and no VM,
I won't attend.
Maybe Nats will be Quebec then?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
i corrected your post :) LOL no offense to anyone ;)

LOL I thought I typoed. Are you not a fan of SK?

GPF 18 is after the Olys. No Chan and no VM,
I won't attend.
Maybe Nats will be Quebec then?

V/M and Chiddy won't be competing but they may make guest appearances. Like Elvis does now. Well, Skate Canada balances out events somehow. I think we may end up getting something in the Maritimes.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Mango !!!! you reached page 500 !!!!!

:peace:

SK is okay... been there.2-3 times.. no need to go back ;) unless i am paid to go :)

LOL I thought I typoed. Are you not a fan of SK?

V/M and Chiddy won't be competing but they may make guest appearances. Like Elvis does now. Well, Skate Canada balances out events somehow. I think we may end up getting something in the Maritimes.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

SK is okay... been there.2-3 times.. no need to go back ;) unless i am paid to go :)

500 pages! :rock:

Ah, Chiddy will be there in SK so you should go. :) I'm going to try to go to Autumn Classic or Nationals, whichever is closer to the GTA.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I came one hour early so was there when he was setting up etc.
I feel so bad that I didn't know you were in the area or I would have invited you to meet Spiky!

Haha no worries! I was pretty busy throughout the summer and and fall ish, was working all summer and then went to China/Hong Kong for a month so I'm not sure if I would've been able to meet up with you guys at all.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks for the link! I added it to my blog post list of videos.

By the way, nice avatar you have there... Great minds think alike! ;)

Hey all, we're almost at page 500! Let's keep this celebration going!:hap10:
You're so welcome about the video! I was very happy to find it. :love: In the picture, the blue stands out so nicely with the grey and the dash of gold (and I just noticed that the medal is hanging on a red, white, and blue striped ribbon that is also quite nice). I couldn't pass it up, even though Patrick is in his old costume. :laugh: And, we're on page 500 now! :yay:

Last edited:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Vivley, I think it is so wonderfully fitting that the first three letters of Patrick's fansite are "pcs," since that is what Patrick is so fantastic at accumulating. Long live Patrick's PCS!!! :yes: All I have to do now is type "pcs" and my browser fills in the rest of the URL for me. :cool: Isn't that perfect? :biggrin:

blueberryhill

On the Ice
I really appreciate the last few posts by Emdee and Krunchii. By coincidence happylife and I are in Toronto. We got here on Saturday and her friend pvr'd COC as that was a travel day for us. She has been watching Patrick's fs non-stop since.

Yesterday, we went to Niagara Falls. We passed Flat Rock Cellars and got excited knowing that's where they make Patrick Chan Ice Wine. Unfortunately we won't be able to buy a bottle to take back with us because we only have carry-ons and the bottle exceeds the liquid maximum. According to Google we're staying 10 mins away from the Unionville LCBO (as mentioned by Emdee) although I may be mistaken as there seems to be two locations in Markam.

My question to those in the GTA, where are Autumn Classic, Thornhill and other summer comps held?

emdee

Final Flight
I really appreciate the last few posts by Emdee and Krunchii. By coincidence happylife and I are in Toronto. We got here on Saturday and her friend pvr'd COC as that was a travel day for us. She has been watching Patrick's fs non-stop since.

Yesterday, we went to Niagara Falls. We passed Flat Rock Cellars and got excited knowing that's where they make Patrick Chan Ice Wine. Unfortunately we won't be able to buy a bottle to take back with us because we only have carry-ons and the bottle exceeds the liquid maximum. According to Google we're staying 10 mins away from the Unionville LCBO (as mentioned by Emdee) although I may be mistaken as there seems to be two locations in Markam.

My question to those in the GTA, where are Autumn Classic, Thornhill and other summer comps held?

There are three LCBOs in Markham and two in Unionville. I stay in the middle of them so am well watered!

Thornhill is not too far from here. It's at Bayview and John Street. Not sure if I will be in town as I return from vacay on August 8 th.I will definitely be in town for the autumn classic and if it is in Barrie will likely go for it.

How long are you in Markham? Are you at the Hilton suites?

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Vivley, I think it is so wonderfully fitting that the first three letters of Patrick's fansite are "pcs," since that is what Patrick is so fantastic at accumulating. Long live Patrick's PCS!!! :yes: All I have to do now is type "pcs" and my browser fills in the rest of the URL for me. :cool: Isn't that perfect? :biggrin:

Lol, thanks, Skatingfan4ever. Yes, long live Patrick's PCS! Ironically, people are starting to realize how important his PCS is in the new Quad Dynasty! ;)

By coincidence happylife and I are in Toronto. We got here on Saturday and her friend pvr'd COC as that was a travel day for us. She has been watching Patrick's fs non-stop since.

Cool! I was rewatching Patrick's FS again last night (during a spare moment) and noticed how much smoother he skates now in his FS compared to the already excellent Chopin LP. If you go back and watch the Chopin LP, and then the COC LP, you'll immediately see the difference. He looks like he's floating and gliding on clouds, somehow. Just breathtakingly beautiful!

Whaaa? You didn't reach 500 first?!

Just kidding. Congratulations to Mango for reaching 500 first, and here is my congratulatory graphic:

http://imgur.com/a/TXDGV

Woohoo! Hurray for the Patrick Chan fan fest!

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

Thornhill Summer Skate is at Thornhill Community Centre. There are two rinks there. Autumn Classic was in Montreal this year but was previously in Barrie, ON at Allandale Recreation Centre. The event outgrew the rink, alas.

Whaaa? You didn't reach 500 first?!

Just kidding. Congratulations to Mango for reaching 500 first, and here is my congratulatory graphic:

http://imgur.com/a/TXDGV

Woohoo! Hurray for the Patrick Chan fan fest!

Thanks vivley! That's a nice graphic. Let's keep the party going through GPF! :dance3:

blueberryhill

On the Ice
There are three LCBOs in Markham and two in Unionville. I stay in the middle of them so am well watered!

Thornhill is not too far from here. It's at Bayview and John Street. Not sure if I will be in town as I return from vacay on August 8 th.I will definitely be in town for the autumn classic and if it is in Barrie will likely go for it.

How long are you in Markham? Are you at the Hilton suites?

Yeah, I found the info about the LCBO very confusing. I was trying to figure out which one you meant (and two are on hwy 7 I think). I just found your posts very cool because it gives me a point of reference to learn more about Toronto.

We are staying in a friend's condo. We're actually staying in Richmond Hills (at the junction of Bayview and Hwy 7). We're leaving Tuesday morning.

If I had known how close I am to Mississauga we might have planned to have attended Skate Canada.

blueberryhill

On the Ice
Mango and Emdee, thanks for the info about Thornhill Community Centre. I recalled seeing a rink on Bayview when we passed by this afternoon. I didn't know that was Thornhill. Cool! I'll be sure to look for it tomorrow as I think we're heading that way again.

TGee

Record Breaker
Thornhill Summer Skate is at Thornhill Community Centre. There are two rinks there. Autumn Classic was in Montreal this year but was previously in Barrie, ON at Allandale Recreation Centre. The event outgrew the rink, alas.

I'm hoping that Skate Canada will consider taking the Autumn Classic to other venues, as they do Skate Canada International.

I really believe that it's great for promoting and sport across Canada to have the major events travel around. Pierrefonds is convienient for SC national office officials in Ottawa, But Challenge has been there for a couple of years and now ACI.....

It may be that SC really needs the sections and clubs to commit to volunteering to make these work of they aren't close to HQ, but it would be great to see ACI in Vancouver or Edmonton sometime soon.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
today.... i woke up smelling the smoke from a major fire in downtown... very unpleasant feeling... went back to bed.. hugging my pillow (oh i have named it chiddy ) LOL and slept... and slept... and slept... until i received a message that the doggie I took care of for 6 years passed away.... I am so sad.... came here to see that there are still lots of debates about Patrick's victory this weekend... i am staying for the most part, clear after being quite bashed by a couple posters recently....

who knew that love for Patrick was so hard to live in the skating forums? haha... i feel like I am having a harder time being a patrick fan than when I came out LOL... people were much more accepting of my gorgeous BF than they are accepting of Patrick's skating achievements LOL ;)

in any case, in days like these, and that's why i am sharing this with you all, i often sit back, choose a program from patrick i like... and watch...

here's my pick for this horrible day

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
today.... i woke up smelling the smoke from a major fire in downtown... very unpleasant feeling... went back to bed.. hugging my pillow (oh i have named it chiddy ) LOL and slept... and slept... and slept... until i received a message that the doggie I took care of for 6 years passed away.... I am so sad.... came here to see that there are still lots of debates about Patrick's victory this weekend... i am staying for the most part, clear after being quite bashed by a couple posters recently....

who knew that love for Patrick was so hard to live in the skating forums? haha... i feel like I am having a harder time being a patrick fan than when I came out LOL... people were much more accepting of my gorgeous BF than they are accepting of Patrick's skating achievements LOL ;)

in any case, in days like these, and that's why i am sharing this with you all, i often sit back, choose a program from patrick i like... and watch...

here's my pick for this horrible day

:ghug: Group hug for you dear 4everchan.