Patrick Chan | Page 392 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well... i wouldn't say the 3A is ugly.... he has a bit of a tilt in the air, but it is landed very comfortably. I'd take this 3A any day if it means it's landed. Of course, I agree that Patrick has shown better sample of this gentle beast in the past ;) What I find actually interesting is that Patrick never has practice videos so it's refreshing to see one of these. Perhaps he will show the 4F one day ;) and that could scare everyone else.

Also, it's nice to see that he is training jumps with Nathan. I am pretty sure they don't spend that much time doing SBS jumps but having a buddy there is good for him.

As long as Patrick can learn 4f or 4z from Nathan, I'd be happy LOL

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
well... i wouldn't say the 3A is ugly.... he has a bit of a tilt in the air, but it is landed very comfortably. I'd take this 3A any day if it means it's landed. Of course, I agree that Patrick has shown better sample of this gentle beast in the past ;)

Yes it is very nicely landed with flow out. I don't think this jump would incur negative GOE. He has been landing them beautifully at competitions these two seasons, with a few exceptions when it went with the overall poorer performances.

]Also, it's nice to see that he is training jumps with Nathan. I am pretty sure they don't spend that much time doing SBS jumps but having a buddy there is good for him.

As long as Patrick can learn 4f or 4z from Nathan, I'd be happy LOL

I don't think Patrick needs to learn 4F or 4Lz from Nathan. He will learn them when he deems it's the right time for him. The biggest benefit from training with Nathan is, as Patrick himself has said, is the acclimatization to seeing quads being done, regularly and matter-of-factly. Before having a quadster as a training mate, he only saw quads being done at major competition events, mostly at practice and warm ups. And practice and warm up quads are often meant to be intimidating. Being desensitized to quads make for a more relaxed and confident attitude about them and a consistency as well as mental energy to spare for the rest of the program. I also hope the association rekindles that bold youthful spirit in him.

I'm sure Nathan benefits tremendously from training with Patrick as well and it's gracious of Patrick to openly and sincerely acknowledge Nathan's talents and good influence on him.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes it is very nicely landed with flow out. I don't think this jump would incur negative GOE. He has been landing them beautifully at competitions these two seasons, with a few exceptions when it went with the overall poorer performances.

I don't think Patrick needs to learn 4F or 4Lz from Nathan. He will learn them when he deems it's the right time for him. The biggest benefit from training with Nathan is, as Patrick himself has said, is the acclimatization to seeing quads being done, regularly and matter-of-factly. Before having a quadster as a training mate, he only saw quads being done at major competition events, mostly at practice and warm ups. And practice and warm up quads are often meant to be intimidating. Being desensitized to quads make for a more relaxed and confident attitude about them and a consistency as well as mental energy to spare for the rest of the program. I also hope the association rekindles that bold youthful spirit in him.

I'm sure Nathan benefits tremendously from training with Patrick as well and it's gracious of Patrick to openly and sincerely acknowledge Nathan's talents and good influence on him.

hehe ... i didn't mean that Nathan would be teaching him ;) ... more like learning that they are happening... right next door... like you have extrapolated from what Patrick has said about training with Nathan....

all good stuff ;)

I don't see a 4Lz happening from Patrick anyways... but a 4F? why not... apparently, David Wilson said he was doing them before in practice.

TGee

Record Breaker
I wonder how they synchronized their jumps perfectly with no music nor other clues.

Please let's all remember that Marina has been a successful pairs coach! She took Kristy Sargent and Chris Wirtz (who now coach themselves) to become national champions to represent Canada at Nagano and Worlds. (I'm getting frustrated with the voices who keep referring to her as an ice dance coach as if freeskate hasn't been a major part of her career.)

See a much younger Marina with them in the KnC in this 1999 Worlds LP.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C0lkZqIdt6c

BTW I love how the jumps are synchronized from beginning to end....unlike a number of current pairs who seem to get away with only synchronizing the landings...

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
she was also part of legendary GnG's team :)
Please let's all remember that Marina has been a successful pairs coach! She took Kristy Sargent and Chris Wirtz (who now coach themselves) to become national champions to represent Canada at Nagano and Worlds. See a much younger Marina with them in the KnC in this 1999 Worlds LP.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C0lkZqIdt6c

BTW I love how the jumps are synchronized from beginning to end....unlike a number of current pairs who seem to get away with only synchronizing the landings...

Ayara

On the Ice
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PATRICK!!
AND ALL OF US I CONGRATULATE WITH PATRICK'S BIRTHDAY!

I love you, guys :3

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'd let him be 25 for another day. He's getting a little more age sensitive these days so let's not cheat him for even a day. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
lol depends which part of the world you are in....

Happy Birthday pchiddy ;) I know in my part of the world I am early but well... might as well do it while I am thinking about it :)

hugs and kisses ;) see you at nationals :hb:
I'd let him be 25 for another day. He's getting a little more age sensitive these days so let's not cheat him for even a day. :)

happylife

On the Ice
:luv17::luv17::luv17:

Hope all Patrick's birthday wishes turn into lots of dreams come true; enjoy a great "Journey" and a wonderful life ahead.
"Happy Birthday" Patrick. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Catching up on the fan fest after three non-stop action packed days dealing with family. Finally had a chance to update the blog! So nice to see the many birthday wishes both here and on Twitter for Patrick! :agree:

Here's the GIF I made for his birthday:

https://twitter.com/PCSkatingFan/status/815085654723809280

He can just keep jumping and spinning non-stop forever, right? ;)

Happy 2017 to everyone here at the fan fest! :hap10:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Happy new quarter century, Patrick! :hb: May this be a year of joy and progress in your journey to the next Olympic and in your life!

And Happy New Year to you too! And to all my friends here who enjoy the fest along with me all year. :cheer: :party2:

Last edited:

happylife

On the Ice
Wishing Patrick, all my friends and your family on GS good health, happiness, success and prosperity in the coming year!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! :clapper: :hb: :ghug:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Happy Birthday, Patrick!!!

Keep having fun!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOqeuEpBwIV/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOqgNzaF5VG/

Wishing everybody here on GS a happy, healthy and prosperous 2017!!!
I love that Patrick is now training mates with Maia, Alex, and Nathan for many reasons, not least because the three of them use social media way more than he does. :laugh: The more photos and videos I get to see of Patrick, the better! :yes:

Catching up on the fan fest after three non-stop action packed days dealing with family. Finally had a chance to update the blog! So nice to see the many birthday wishes both here and on Twitter for Patrick!

Here's the GIF I made for his birthday:

https://twitter.com/PCSkatingFan/status/815085654723809280

He can just keep jumping and spinning non-stop forever, right?

Happy 2017 to everyone here at the fan fest!
Awesome GIF! And your fansite has been a true gift to all of us Patrick fans this year! :thank: :bow:

Happy new quarter century, Patrick! May this be a year of joy and progress in your journey to the next Olympic and in your life!

And Happy New Year to you too! And to all my friends here who enjoy the fest along with me all year.
I enjoy being in this fest all year along with you, VB! :love: You keep us calm, make us think, and even make us laugh. :thank: