Patrick Chan | Page 501 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I still remember Patrick's beautiful Chopin FS at 2016 4CC - especially the beautiful slow part that starts at around 2:27. That was quite a skate!

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-B2wdOIZML4

you are hurting me ;) but i was talking to BBHill and you two are right... in ten years from now, we will go back to the programs we loved and there are many including the Chopin at 4CC... or personally, journey LIVE at Nationals... (and all the ones I have mentioned...)

here is a letter I am drafting for Marina..

Dear Ms Zoueva
Last year, I thought you had much wise words regarding Patrick Chan. You described him as a masterpiece... as if you had a gorgeous tableau in your rink... Why did you put spray paint all over it?

Sincerely,
4everchan

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
you are hurting me ;) but i was talking to BBHill and you two are right... in ten years from now, we will go back to the programs we loved and there are many including the Chopin at 4CC... or personally, journey LIVE at Nationals... (and all the ones I have mentioned...)

here is a letter I am drafting for Marina..

Dear Ms Zoueva
Last year, I thought you had much wise words regarding Patrick Chan. You described him as a masterpiece... as if you had a gorgeous tableau in your rink... Why did you put spray paint all over it?

Sincerely,
4everchan

Dear Mr. 4ever,

Thank you for the note. I guess I was having a moment. My son had just gotten back from vacation and he and his girlfriend made a major announcement. We were overjoyed and celebrated with dinner, wine, vodka...did I mention wine? In the morning I was not feeling well (like flu) and was less than prepared for my meeting with Patrick, so I stop by pharmacy and prayed I could get through the day.

While the medicine did not taste so nice, it had magical healing powers and opened up heavens. In that moment of relief, I had "a vision" and as they say, the rest is history.

Thank-you for your understanding

"Spasibo",
Marina Z.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
According to this tweet and its source interview, Patrick is going to skate to the following next season:

SP: Dust in the wind by Kansas
LP: Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley

Edit: Watching the interview now. Patrick! :love:

Loved the interview :).
(Non-mobile version here, in case anyone prefers.)

Cool that the Blue Jays invited Patrick to throw the first pitch :dance2:.
(Puzzled that no one else in the thread seems to be excited for him to have this fun opportunity.)

Interesting to hear his thoughts about how micromanaging has not worked for him.
Also about admiring Federer.

I am no Zoueva lover, but I do not object to the music choices. Go, Patrick :yay:.

.... Here's Patrick with the guys (all ice dancers) on a Saturday night!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW5iufzAOMZ/

He was with Matthew Blackmer, Mitch Islam, Jean Luc Baker, and Jamie Wright.

No big whoop, but Jamie Wright is a singles skater.

Not an ice dancer -- unless I have missed recent news that Jamie has switched disciplines??

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
20 Questions with Canadian figure skating champion Patrick Chan: On cars, hockey and his four-seam fastball

Really good interview with Patrick where he talks about a lot of things. Some more relevant to skating itself:

13. When you look ahead to the big award, at the Olympics next year in South Korea, what does the quad mean?
PC: Oh, stress. It gives me a lot of stress and anxiety. The sport of figure skating is changing, by the day. We've got guys, now, doing four or five different types of quads. When we were in Sochi, it was two different types. Now, we're boosted up to three more. It's getting insane. I think it's becoming a little more clear to me what direction the sport is going. I have a hard time keeping up. The new generation is coming in, and that's the generation that is doing the five quads. They're the 16-, 17-year-olds. So I'm a decade older than some of them. It's evolving. You can't say it's either bad or good — it's both.

14. How much does it hurt to try to pull one of those off in a routine? And three? Or four?
PC: It might not hurt, because if you're going to put it in a routine, at that point, you're hopefully landing it more consistently. You're landing it more often than you're falling on it. Learning it, out of competition — before it gets put in a program — that's the part that hurts. I remember trying a quad flip three weeks ago. I did the first one, and I fell. I made enough of the rotations that I fell on my big muscles. But then I went up and did another one, with the same level of confidence, and didn't quite make it around enough. It was completely on my hip. I couldn't skate for two days, or jump properly for two days, just because my hip was so bruised.

Stay healthy, Patrick!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
^^ Patrick, if you're listening, I say a Quad Loop. ;) I'm afraid however, that Russ Martin may not know how to catch that one.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This Chiddy establishment is a strange and intriguing place, and I think I need to come here more often. :laugh2:

this is the best thread in the entire GS forum ;) join us often ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, all! Patrick is asking for pitching advice on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/pchiddy/status/890214515362672642

Lol, Eric told him not to embarrass himself, which I'm sure was tongue in cheek, right??

too bad he didn't ask for musical advice.. because I could have saved him the embarrassment ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh my god, I stayed up until 3AM to livestream this performance, even though I had to work at 6:30AM. Best reason to be exhausted ever!

me too... i went to bed, and the next day, i woke up and the first thing i did was to go on GS to check if it was true... i thought I had dreamed that performance since it was perfect... then a feeling of warmth and happiness overtook my body. that was the last time it happened ... after that, Ms. Zoueva started calling the shots.