Patrick Chan | Page 505 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Meanwhile on the baseball field...
... Patrick is looking good in Red. ;)

OH. MY. GOD. So this afternoon I was sitting in the living room, watching the Jays game with my dad and SarahSynchroJunior. Suddenly, Chiddy approaches the pitcher's mound, and SSJunior's eyes light up with the sparkly recognition of the wonderful skater who magically appeared out of nowhere to throw the ceremonial first pitch. "FINALLY!", I squeal internally to myself, both in relief and amazement, absolutely delighted to see that all that money I'd spent on dozens of specialized hypnosis treatments to rid her mind of its unfortunate penchant for skaters who are far less superior had been worth every penny

Finally, she opens her mouth to speak the words I'd been dying to hear for what feels like forever.

"Oh my gosh, Mommy, look! It's that skater who goes to the same competitions as Yuzuru!!! Do you think he's somewhere in the Rogers Centre too? I really hope so! Then after the ball game is over and it's time to go to my skating practice, can we listen to Prince's greatest hits album in the car?! Oh, and I'm not really too hungry tonight, could just you make me a salad to eat on the way? The fluffier and greener the lettuce, the better!"

.... GET .... OUT .... OF .... MY .... HOUSE. I HAVE NO DAUGHTER!!! BEAT IT OR I'M CALLING THE COPS AND TELLING THEM THERE'S A VERY CONFUSED ORPHAN WHO BROKE INTO MY PRIVATE PROPERTY!!!

:rofl: :laugh2: :rofl: :laugh2:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Whew! I was able to log in finally! Had trouble late last night trying to get in here...

My blog post is finally done! It took quite to transcribe that 16-minute Facebook interview Patrick, but it's up now. Lot of videos and photos of last night's pitch, too!

Patrick Chan Summer News Update, July 27, 2017

And guess where Patrick was today?? He was at Flat Rock Cellars, previewing his new.... Sparkling wine!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXEsxj5BxHC/?taken-by=flatrockcellars

Enjoy!

:jaw:

What WHAT WHAAAAAT?!?! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I am literally TEN MINUTES AWAY from Flatrock Cellars. Why was I unaware of this Chiddy appearance until well after the fact?!?!?!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OH. MY. GOD. So this afternoon I was sitting in the living room, watching the Jays game with my dad and SarahSynchroJunior. Suddenly, Chiddy approaches the pitcher's mound, and SSJunior's eyes light up with the sparkly recognition of the wonderful skater who magically appeared out of nowhere to throw the ceremonial first pitch. "FINALLY!", I squeal internally to myself, both in relief and amazement, absolutely delighted to see that all that money I'd spent on dozens of specialized hypnosis treatments to rid her mind of its unfortunate penchant for skaters who are far less superior had been worth every penny

Finally, she opens her mouth to speak the words I'd been dying to hear for what feels like forever.

"Oh my gosh, Mommy, look! It's that skater who goes to the same competitions as Yuzuru!!! Do you think he's somewhere in the Rogers Centre too? I really hope so! Then after the ball game is over and it's time to go to my skating practice, can we listen to Prince's greatest hits album in the car?! Oh, and I'm not really too hungry tonight, could just you make me a salad to eat on the way? The fluffier and greener the lettuce, the better!"

.... GET .... OUT .... OF .... MY .... HOUSE. I HAVE NO DAUGHTER!!! BEAT IT OR I'M CALLING THE COPS AND TELLING THEM THERE'S A VERY CONFUSED ORPHAN WHO BROKE INTO MY PRIVATE PROPERTY!!!

:shame:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I just wanted to thank viv for all her hard work in doing the updates. Thank you for sharing!:thank:

Now I'm off to finally sleep. Have fun fellow Chanaddicts! :)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:thank: for the compliment! I'm glad others joined in your humor and it did indeed take on a life of its own. SarahSynchro and Osmond4gold should stop by here more often! :)

Indeed I will! Screw those childhood pipe dreams about wanting to go to the moon, this magical and mystical Chiddy planet is so much cooler! I think I spent the entire last hour just replying to posts in here.

Thanks skatingfan4ever for the welcome! It has been fun hanging out with the Cool Club for a change. Both SarahSynchro and 4everchan are 2 of my GS favs, and are more than familiar with my East Coast humour, as I am with theirs. I'll def. be back! :)

Lard tunderin Jesus, by! Right back atcha, my favourite honorary Newfie! :ghug:

I hope this Montreal 2020 gathering with you homies actually becomes reality. I think I'm more excited for that than I am for the actual skating, LOL.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just wanted to thank viv for all her hard work in doing the updates. Thank you for sharing!:thank:

I quite enjoy that most of us TeamChiddy peeps seem to be insomniacs. ;)

I should also be on my way to the magical land of uninterrupted slumber as well. :bed:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
:jaw:

What WHAT WHAAAAAT?!?! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I am literally TEN MINUTES AWAY from Flatrock Cellars. Why was I unaware of this Chiddy appearance until well after the fact?!?!?!

WHAT? Then I was just 10-20 minutes away from you a couple of months ago too when I picked up a bottle of his icewine! I almost went to Flat Rock Cellars from St. Catharines to get a second bottle, but had to hurry back to the airport to catch my flight.

As to why we were unaware of Chiddy's appearance, it's because he's not been announcing them! All of the appearances that he made this week, from the golf event to the first pitch were unannounced or only announced the day before by someone else! He needs a publicist!

You're welcome! I enjoy putting these posts together. The most time-consuming part of this one was the transcription of the interview. Otherwise, I would have posted sooner. But it all worked out because as soon as I was about to post it on Twitter, the Flat Rock Cellars post caught my eye! They posted it late, too - around 10 p.m. EST.

I quite enjoy that most of us TeamChiddy peeps seem to be insomniacs. ;)

I should also be on my way to the magical land of uninterrupted slumber as well. :bed:

Haha, some of us are on the West Coast. Sweet dreams, all!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
This thread has been making me laugh so much these past few days.

And thank you Vivley for transcribing that interview. I know how time consuming those can be. :thank:

Anastasi14

On the Ice

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
WHAT? Then I was just 10-20 minutes away from you a couple of months ago too when I picked up a bottle of his icewine! I almost went to Flat Rock Cellars from St. Catharines to get a second bottle, but had to hurry back to the airport to catch my flight.

As to why we were unaware of Chiddy's appearance, it's because he's not been announcing them! All of the appearances that he made this week, from the golf event to the first pitch were unannounced or only announced the day before by someone else! He needs a publicist!

You're welcome! I enjoy putting these posts together. The most time-consuming part of this one was the transcription of the interview. Otherwise, I would have posted sooner. But it all worked out because as soon as I was about to post it on Twitter, the Flat Rock Cellars post caught my eye! They posted it late, too - around 10 p.m. EST.

Exactly regarding West coast (well sometimes).

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
:thank: for the compliment! I'm glad others joined in your humor and it did indeed take on a life of its own. SarahSynchro and Osmond4gold should stop by here more often! :)

Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome, this week! I would like also, to extend the same invitation to all of you to the Kaetlyn Osmond Fan Fest page. We are a small but passionate group, and even though it has been open since 2012, there are remarkably only a mere 20ish pages on the Thread. It is astounding to think you have amassed over 673 pages here. Well done "Chiddies", my congrats!

Going into an Olympic year, I think Fan Fests are great ways to show our collective support for these elite athletes. I look forward to welcoming you on Kaetlyn's page, soon.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! That is at the VERY TOP of the hilarious list!!! ALL the laughing emoticons apply, but I won't repeat them. I also agree with 4everchan's shame one. Thanks for sharing this and making us all laugh/smile with it. You did your best to help your daughter appreciate Patrick and that's all we could ask for. :laugh:

Indeed I will! Screw those childhood pipe dreams about wanting to go to the moon, this magical and mystical Chiddy planet is so much cooler! I think I spent the entire last hour just replying to posts in here.
"magical and mystical Chiddy planet" - I :love: that description!!!

I'm known for long-winded, thought-out posts in this thread, but this stuff is too good not to reply immediately and quickly to. ;)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
This thread has been making me laugh so much these past few days.

And thank you Vivley for transcribing that interview. I know how time consuming those can be. :thank:

Glad to see that the thread brings you joy. And you're welcome!

Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome, this week! I would like also, to extend the same invitation to all of you to the Kaetlyn Osmond Fan Fest page. We are a small but passionate group, and even though it has been open since 2012, there are remarkably only a mere 20ish pages on the Thread. It is astounding to think you have amassed over 673 pages here. Well done "Chiddies", my congrats!

Going into an Olympic year, I think Fan Fests are great ways to show our collective support for these elite athletes. I look forward to welcoming you on Kaetlyn's page, soon.

Thank you! I don't know if I said my welcome before, but certainly we are glad to have you here!

----------------------

And folks, it looks like yesterday was a traveling day for Patrick! Look where he showed up:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXEsqUhAtZE/

He probably drove to the vineyard and then flew to Vancouver. Setting up his skating school, perhaps?

Glad to see that the thread brings you joy. And you're welcome!

And folks, it looks like yesterday was a traveling day for Patrick! Look where he showed up:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXEsqUhAtZE/

He probably drove to the vineyard and then flew to Vancouver. Setting up his skating school, perhaps?

I live in Richmond, BC and that is not a rink that I recognize. A quick look at the tag and I suspect that it's actually Richmond Hill, ON.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
OMG

bubbles are my fave!!!!!!!!!! I WANT ME SOME SPARKLY CHIDDY!

Yassssss, when it comes to booze, the more bubbly and sparkley, the better. As I'm sure you can already assume, simply based on my love of Palm Bay coolers, my alcoholic beverages of choice are the equivalent to that of a fourteen year old girl who has just figured out how to break into her parents' liquor cabinet. The sweeter and higher the sugar content, the better. :D Try and offer me a dry wine? Get outta my face, you're dead to me.

:shame: - re: the latest story about SarahSynchroJunior

I know, I know. :( Sigh. It's so humiliating. I'm surprised you guys even let me post in this fan fest, seeing how I gave birth to an uber-fan of the enemy 8.5 years ago. I should be deported too: guilty by association, AND genetics.

Oh sweet! I lived in Niagara Falls for the last decade, from 2006 until January of this year, which is only a ten minute drive on the highway from St. Catharines.

I moved back to my hometown in January due to.... errrr, personal reasons... anyway, it's about halfway between St. Catharines and Hamilton, so it's maybe 20 minutes away in the opposite direction. I still venture to St. Catharines/Niagara quite frequently, as my daughter does summer skating in the falls 3x a week.

He definitely does, how are we supposed to fangirl/fanboy?!?! Isn't that the whole POINT of making public appearances, so your fans can come and swoon?! Grrrr.

Exactly regarding West coast (well sometimes).

Sorry my friends, my stereotypical Ontario-centric mentality was showing again. ;) It doesn't come out too frequently, but it's known to make an appearance here and there; for example, there was one time when I was shocked that 4eversuspenders had no clue where Pickering, Ontario was. ;)

It's a city that's east of Toronto along Highway 401 that's considered a part of the GTA (an acronym Greater Toronto Area). Hehe.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! That is at the VERY TOP of the hilarious list!!! ALL the laughing emoticons apply, but I won't repeat them. I also agree with 4everchan's shame one. Thanks for sharing this and making us all laugh/smile with it. You did your best to help your daughter appreciate Patrick and that's all we could ask for. :laugh:

My pleasure. :D There are several backstories and running gags to many of the jokes I've made in here since stumbling upon this fan fest a few days ago, most of them are from threads during the Grand Prix season last year. I'll have to find the link to my original post regarding my daughter's love for Yuzuru, it was pretty well received by both Yuzuru fans, and those who prefer other skaters. You'll laugh even more, I promise. ;)

"magical and mystical Chiddy planet" - I :love: that description!!!

I thought it was totally accurate way to describe this newfound neck of the woods, simply because I'm a rare visitor to any of the fan fest threads; instead you'll mostly find me in either The Edge or in the Competition subforms, defending Chiddy and other (mostly Canadian) skaters against their non-fans. I'm sure many of the other regulars in here can confirm that the never-ending mud slinging was EXTREMELY exhausting last season, not just for the constant stream of criticism against Patrick, but even more so against Kaetlyn. Good god, some comments were absolutely brutal. Well lookie lookie at who won that world silver medal in April? ;) Turns out we weren't all talking out of our butts after all.

I'm known for long-winded, thought-out posts in this thread, but this stuff is too good not to reply immediately and quickly to. ;)

Heh, I'm like that too, I'm a chronic rambler in face to face conversation, when texting or talking on the phone, and while i'm online. Brace yourselves if you'd like me to stick around. :laugh:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Sorry my friends, my stereotypical Ontario-centric mentality was showing again. ;) It doesn't come out too frequently, but it's known to make an appearance here and there; for example, there was one time when I was shocked that 4eversuspenders had no clue where Pickering, Ontario was. ;)

It's a city that's east of Toronto along Highway 401 that's considered a part of the GTA (an acronym Greater Toronto Area). Hehe.
It's ok lol I was only saying that because I've been out West for over the last week and then some :laugh: I'm usually in the same time zone as you and mr4eversuspenders4chan but I travel with what I do so here I sit in Idaho!:hap57:

And 4everchannie didn't know where Pickering is?!?? Even I know that! :rofl: :p

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's ok lol I was only saying that because I've been out West for over the last week and then some :laugh: I'm usually in the same time zone and you and mr4eversuspenders4chan but I travel with what I do so here I sit in Idaho!:hap57:

And 4everchannie didn't know where Pickering is?!?? Even I know that! :rofl: :p

Hahahaha. :laugh2:

Pickering is a part of one of my running gags that was mentioned several times throughout Goldenskate last season. My brother lives in Pickering, and one afternoon last December he showed up at my house unannounced to take my 8 year old daughter out for her birthday, which was a couple of days later. When my doorbell rang, I was glued to the TV, livestreaming the men's short program event of the Grand Prix Final on Eurosport via my IPTV box, while simultaneously posting on GS in the GPF subforum, and I was hella pissed that someone has the audacity to drive for two hours and show up on my doorstep without asking ahead of time if they'd be interrupting my precious figure skating fandom time! How dare he!!!!

I'm sure I could easily search for these posts in the archives, but I gotta find the Yuzuru ones first.

He took my daughter and I out to this amazing buffet restaurant, and then to Toys R Us for my daughter to go on a no-expenses-spared shopping spree. So all of the above was said tongue-in-cheek, of course. ;) My brother is awesome and one of my favourite people, but I was so sad that I didn't get to watch Adam Rippon's FABULOUS short program live, which turned out to be the last time he'd ever do it, because he was injured shortly after. :(

So that explains why earlier in here I said I was paying for hypnosis treatment to rid my brother from my daughter's memory. Lol. Backstory the first: complete. :D

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hahahaha. :laugh2:

Pickering is a part of one of my running gags that was mentioned several times throughout Goldenskate last season. My brother lives in Pickering, and one afternoon last December he showed up at my house unannounced to take my 8 year old daughter out for her birthday, which was a couple of days later. When my doorbell rang, I was glued to the TV, livestreaming the men's short program event of the Grand Prix Final on Eurosport via my IPTV box, while simultaneously posting on GS in the GPF subforum, and I was hella pissed that someone has the audacity to drive for two hours and show up on my doorstep without asking ahead of time if they'd be interrupting my precious figure skating fandom time! How dare he!!!!

I'm sure I could easily search for these posts in the archives, but I gotta find the Yuzuru ones first.

He took my daughter and I out to this amazing buffet restaurant, and then to Toys R Us for my daughter to go on a no-expenses-spared shopping spree. So all of the above was said tongue-in-cheek, of course. ;) My brother is awesome and one of my favourite people, but I was so sad that I didn't get to watch Adam Rippon's FABULOUS short program live, which turned out to be the last time he'd ever do it, because he was injured shortly after. :(

So that explains why earlier in here I said I was paying for hypnosis treatment to rid my brother from my daughter's memory. Lol. Backstory the first: complete. :D

You love Adam too?:yes2: OMG I like you even more now! :rock: