Patrick Chan | Page 511 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i'd call this montage more of a recomposition of Patrick's LPs with new music... not just jumps... it's fun to watch as the person who did it, cared to try to match their music with Patrick's moves... there is a lot of love for patrick's skating in this montage ;)

GO CHIDDY!!!!! don't forget to sign up for ACI.. .deadline is August 18 ;)

happylife

On the Ice
VIV & KUAN, Thank you for uploading and sharing the gif and video with us, they are awesome :love:.

emdee, you are so fortunate to be able to watch Patrick skates at SC in Regina in the upcoming season, hope you have a wonderful time :).

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
i'd call this montage more of a recomposition of Patrick's LPs with new music... not just jumps... it's fun to watch as the person who did it, cared to try to match their music with Patrick's moves... there is a lot of love for patrick's skating in this montage ;)

What a master of the blades! What an artist on ice!

This is a very well done recomposition. The black and white scheme makes for seamless transitions between segments from different programs with different costumes and for focusing on the skating. :agree:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

This is a very well done recomposition. The black and white scheme makes for seamless transitions between segments from different programs with different costumes and for focusing on the skating. :agree:

yup... though let's be honest, Patrick's costumes from those programs don't differ too much from one another ;)

i wonder what will happen this year as well, you know, if he delegated to his team the choice of music, I am pretty sure someone is doing the shopping for him...

Now, I say this and I have a confession : Patrick, no matter what he wears, has the perfect body lines to make it look good.... dark hair helps too... he has never worn anything i didn't like... even with the more elaborate costumes..... but since I am revealing my preferences here : my favourite costumes after esqualo are mostly coming from the post Sochi Patrick...I must be an oddity... and I say this while I admit that his Aranjuez costume may have been the best of all time...

What is everyone favourite costumes?

So mine :

Esqualo
Journey
Aranjuez

I also liked the very first Chopin costume Patrick wore for Japan open...

and finally... as sometimes I can be frivolous : the first Elegy costume with that fancy shirt was beautiful too ;)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
yup... though let's be honest, Patrick's costumes from those programs don't differ too much from one another ;)

i wonder what will happen this year as well, you know, if he delegated to his team the choice of music, I am pretty sure someone is doing the shopping for him...

Now, I say this and I have a confession : Patrick, no matter what he wears, has the perfect body lines to make it look good.... dark hair helps too... he has never worn anything i didn't like... even with the more elaborate costumes..... but since I am revealing my preferences here : my favourite costumes after esqualo are mostly coming from the post Sochi Patrick...I must be an oddity... and I say this while I admit that his Aranjuez costume may have been the best of all time...

So mine :

Esqualo
Journey
Aranjuez

I also liked the very first Choping costume Patrick wore for Japan open...

and finally... as sometimes I can be frivolous : the first Elegy costume with that fancy shirt was beautiful too ;)

Esqualo
Blackbird
Chopin 2015 era ;)
Journey

Also, I want to say that the YouTube composition posted above has me all :love: I just watched it 3 times because I get so entranced with Pat's lines and skating in general.

Thank you for sharing it with us viv!:2thumbs:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I know it is 1 year old, but this gif set on tumblr is new and so beautiful, especially the first one. :luv17: Black and white makes his skating look even purer!
At first I just looked at the gifs and I was going to ask, "What program was this made from?" Then I read the caption, figured it out, and went and rewatched the program. As it turns out, the user gave the exact lyrics that the gifs correspond to. Here's the whole program, and it's worth rewatching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb7p9XG8Suw I think the gif parts are my favorite parts, but it's all wonderful.

Someone on YouTube also compiled this black and white montages of Patrick's jumps as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDtkgW5uZ9s
Elegy, Chopin, and Journey, 3 of Patrick's greatest masterpieces, all blended seamlessly together into one video!!! :love::love::love: The black and white takes out other distractions, allowing us to focus entirely on Patrick's movement and the ice. I fear the 2017/2018 programs may not end up on my Patrick masterpiece list, but we'll have to wait and see. (Sorry, I couldn't resist ;)).

:agree: with both of you!!! Patrick's skating looks so great in black and white, like he's actually an angel using the ice to help him fly. :)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

happylife

On the Ice

So mine :

Esqualo
Journey
Aranjuez

I also liked the very first Chopin costume Patrick wore for Japan open...

I know I'm being a little greedy with the picks of my favourite Patrick's costumes from his programs :).

Well, I think I'm not the only one. Here is the list of my favourites:

1. The Phantom of the Opera (2011).

2. Esqualo & Tango de Los Exilados(sp 2009-2010 I also loved this program).

3. Journey(2nd version) & Black Bird.

Kuan

Final Flight
Ohhh :sad21: this is making me so emotional already! THIS is the last short program of his career. And it is beautiful. I expect tears from me at every competition he is in.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Patrick's SP from Onyx today:
https://twitter.com/betterthanTSL/status/898610132472389635 (Part 1)
https://twitter.com/betterthanTSL/status/898610386689179648 (Part 2)

Loving this!

Hopefully there'll be a better quality version soon.
WHAT????!!! I didn't even know Patrick was doing a summer competition this weekend. I've never heard of the Onyx Figure Skating Challenge before. Anyway, the music and program as a whole was a lot more fast-paced than I expected. I was so afraid the tone would be too similar to Hallelujah, but I was SO pleasantly surprised. Do you think Patrick's team chose to speed the whole song up??? I could have sworn the original I listened to was A LOT slower than this. Jump layout is 4T+3T, 4S, and 3A. 4T+3T was GORGEOUS, the 4S looked okay, and the 3A he fell. That's the latest he's ever put the 3A in the SP, and it was after 2 nice quads, so I'm proud of him. Even with the increased jump difficulty, this program still has Patrick written all over it. Nice footwork and spins and always something happening. I LOVE the turn on his knees before the combination spin!!! :love: I need a closer and better video to appreciate the nuances, but my mind is at ease that I will enjoy the program throughout the season. In other words, it escaped the fate of MTK. :laugh: Whatever they did to it, the music was actually quite engaging. Overall, I really like the program and I think it has amazing potential. Thanks, xeyra, for bringing the videos here! :thank: What say you, 4everchan? :popcorn:

Ohhh :sad21: this is making me so emotional already! THIS is the last short program of his career. And it is beautiful. I expect tears from me at every competition he is in.
:ghug: I KNOW!!!!!

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Patrick's SP from Onyx today:
https://twitter.com/betterthanTSL/status/898610132472389635 (Part 1)
https://twitter.com/betterthanTSL/status/898610386689179648 (Part 2)

Loving this!

Hopefully there'll be a better quality version soon.

Thank you so much! I'm so happy someone in the audience captured it on video - and it looks like he had a nice-sized group watching him, too!

Just wanted to say that I love your blue avatar!

WHAT????!!! I didn't even know Patrick was doing a summer competition this weekend. I've never heard of the Onyx Figure Skating Challenge before.
:ghug: I KNOW!!!!!

The Onyx Challenge is a local figure skating challenge in Rochester, MI (web page). Apparently it is sanctioned by Skate Canada, too (link).

Ha, will he be the automatic winner, then? ;) Two gorgeous quads in his SP can't be beat! :agree:

But I got confused because he was wearing his LP costume from last season... Hope he gets a good new SP costume!