Patrick Chan | Page 65 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

spikydurian

Medalist
Well, forget about Patrick for a couple of weeks. That's what I'm going to do. He'll let us know in time. I'm so excited the Olympic Opening is in two days!
:laugh:Thanks for the reminder! That should keep my boredom at bay for the time being. I may have to watch belated telecasts as the time difference between here and London is around 9 hours. I am sure B787 will also be glued to the t.v. too. ;)

spikydurian

Medalist
Specially for you Emdee since you mentioned elsewhere that it would be great if both Patrick and Yuna can skate the Tango together. ;)
I love Patrick's footwork in this program.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW0OlJVFhfE

Le'toile, I only just saw your post/vid for Emdee on another thread. Slightly different version from above. (Wise people think alike). :laugh:

Last edited:
Thank you Spiky for linking the video. I think I might have seen that version before and it is still impressive. How genius of the editors of those montages to compile two of the greatest skaters in the world!

Actually Tango De Los Exilados was the program I fell in love with Patrick's skating:)

emdee

Final Flight
I fel in love with Patrick's skating when he skated 4 seasons at national. Tango is one of my favourite short programs though and I love both montages that Yuri did of Patrick and Yuna. Actually, I thouht Libertango could be very nice music for Patrick to showcase his footwork.

emdee

Final Flight
The Kingdom hasnt come yet and dont tell me dont worry be happy because the mannish boy is totally engrossed in yesterday.

SF puhleez cannot you give us some snippets of information?

spikydurian

Medalist
The Kingdom hasnt come yet and dont tell me dont worry be happy because the mannish boy is totally engrossed in yesterday.
SF puhleez cannot you give us some snippets of information?
:laugh: Good one Emdee. Hear hear thy Guru SF. Our ears are alert and willing.:biggrin:
(I really need some exciting news to perk me up as I am feeling :cry: . My fellow country mates didn't do too well in Olympics swimming. )

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Impatient ones, didn't Guru SF pass the message to you from the man himself, that we all had to wait 'Til Kingdom Come? What? You thought that was the cue to keep pressing me for immediate announcement? Tsk tsk. :disapp: Until the official announcement, Guru SF has to abide by the same oath as all those really in the know, even if my source is esoteric. ;) Be glad that Patrick has such loyal and ethical people around him who know how to keep their mouths shut. :yes:

(I really need some exciting news to perk me up as I am feeling . My fellow country mates didn't do too well in Olympics swimming. )

Cheer up, my dear Aussie, the Americans have more to be disappointed with, if they didn't have a new star to move on to already. Guru SF is not bound by any loyalty to Mr. Phelps and will therefore predict he will win just 3 medals in London, no gold. The dude's vibes are low, man, and the new adorable kid is vibing high! 4 golds for him!

For our beloved Mr. Chan, Guru SF bestows on him gold medals in all individual events he will compete in this coming season, smashing records like crystal balls. That exciting enough for you, Spiky?

Namaste.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Cheer up, my dear Aussie, the Americans have more to be disappointed with, if they didn't have a new star to move on to already. Guru SF is not bound by any loyalty to Mr. Phelps and will therefore predict he will win just 3 medals in London, no gold. The dude's vibes are low, man, and the new adorable kid is vibing high! 4 golds for him!
That's Ok...I think Phelps will still win more swimming medals than the Canadian swimmers competing in London.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
That's Ok...I think Phelps will still win more swimming medals than the Canadian swimmers competing in London.

I haven't felt a vibe from the Canadian swimmers. Maybe that's because I haven't seen any of them, except the swim off with the Jamaican girl. I told my fellow jock that as a Canadian I would root for Van Beilen, but as a sports fan, I had to root for the black girl swimmer from a small nation. I said she would win because she had a greater mission and she did. Good job. :thumbsup:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
He is new to Guru SF, who is not an American swimming fan. :)

I'm not a fan of the sport either... however Lochte has had a rivalry with Phelps the last couple years, and he won a gold medal last olympics... (I think it was gold)...

blue dog

Record Breaker
I haven't felt a vibe from the Canadian swimmers. Maybe that's because I haven't seen any of them, except the swim off with the Jamaican girl. I told my fellow jock that as a Canadian I would root for Van Beilen, but as a sports fan, I had to root for the black girl swimmer from a small nation. I said she would win because she had a greater mission and she did. Good job. :thumbsup:

We gotta argue about something! it's the off-season.

Although, you do have to check out your gymnasts. They're...wow.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm not a fan of the sport either... however Lochte has had a rivalry with Phelps the last couple years, and he won a gold medal last olympics... (I think it was gold)...

I knew he had been beating Phelps lately before the Olympics and he's still riding high. But I didn't take a look at him until last Saturday. I could feel his energy and charisma even with the slightly distorted image. (What's the point of a big screen if it makes even the beach volleyball babes look kind of chubby? :disapp:)

I guess we skating fans have to contend with liquid ice for now. Olympics is definitely a nice distraction. :yes:

blue dog

Record Breaker
SF, if only there is music, I might enjoy the swimming races more. Same with diving. Although, I did have a nightmare that they added music to diving, and every diver chose the Death of Carmen, the finale of Tosca, or the Swan lake finale as their "dive" music.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
SF, if only there is music, I might enjoy the swimming races more. Same with diving. Although, I did have a nightmare that they added music to diving, and every diver chose the Death of Carmen, the finale of Tosca, or the Swan lake finale as their "dive" music.

:laugh:

Well, there is music for female gymnasts' floor exercises, for synchronized swimming, and for dressage. What else in the summer games?

Now, Guru SF has no clue for Patrick's new music so don't try to squeeze blood out of stone.