Patrick Chan | Page 599 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If I knew he'd skate to something else, I may go to stars on ice.. but yeah.. since he probably won't do another program for SOI, I will just work that night ;) it's kind of ironic considering that SOI has not come to my hood in a long time (this is not really that close from me but it's easy access by the subway) and I opt not to go... bad day of the week for me... but yeah... maybe I will change my mind if anyone leaks the programs planned by skaters and especially Patrick 's

(i am also not having Piper and Paul's cowboys;;)

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Patrick and Liz are expecting another son.
Patrick is making his farewell to SOI.

If only I could react with a 🥲 emoji... I feel so lucky to have gotten to see Patrick perform at the Worlds gala, he was so light on his blades! I hope he knows that he has not only touched the hearts of Canadians, but also many others (myself included) around the world!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If only I could react with a 🥲 emoji... I feel so lucky to have gotten to see Patrick perform at the Worlds gala, he was so light on his blades! I hope he knows that he has not only touched the hearts of Canadians, but also many others (myself included) around the world!
Yes. I feel fortunate because 2020 was a long time ago and I wasn't sure he would still be willing to be at worlds 4 years later. I feel fortunate to have seen him skate at National in 2017. He was stellar in the LP and the way he skated there probably would have been close to podium at worlds... it was that good both technically and artistically. If you thought he was light on his blades, image him in his prime.... even better.
I may regret this but I cannot go to SOI : well I could go but I opted not to do so. I have work (which I can always cancel) but I feel like I may be disappointed to see the same program we just saw at worlds... of course, he may be doing another program of course... but yeah... I think I prefer keeping the joyful moment of Worlds in my memory and call it a career. Patrick has given so much to the world of skating. I don't think there will ever be another skater quite like him. Nobody trains skating skills that way anymore...

thank you Patrick (once again) 💕💕💕💕💕

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I respect so much that Patrick doesn't see skating as the end-all be-all of his life anymore. I'm not sure how much he ever thought like that, but the pandemic certainly made him stop and re-evaluate his path. And that broad perspective has continued. Best wishes to him and his growing family. My only sadness is that he won't have a bigger catalogue of show programs like Kurt had. But his journey is his, and the level-headedness of this decision clearly shows that. The look on his face when he talks about his family is heartwarming. :love:

I know he has a career away from the ice, but I wonder if he'll ever open that skating school someday. He has real estate knowledge, and skating skills knowledge. 🤔 I think he has said that he doesn't necessarily enjoy coaching though. Having something yourself is one thing, but teaching it to others is quite another. His type of skating is special and deeply missed, at least by me. I wouldn't care if he never did another jump in his life; just him skating and spinning is enough. :biggrin:

Believe it or not, I have some stuff to put in this thread, but life has felt hectic. His announcement may provide just enough motivation to do it. :laugh: ;)