Patrick Chan | Page 88 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

lakeside

On the Ice
Thank you, Doris, for those videos! They’re very nice Xmas gifts! :yay:

My goodness, Patrick was so young and so cute in the 2001 video. He only won bronze medal that year and lost to Reynolds, but he kept improving and he became the world champion.

Little Reynolds was cute too, and I didn’t recognize him. :p Nice to know his idol is Sandhu.

spikydurian

Medalist
Patrick and other Skate Canada skaters wishing everyone Happy Holidays.

And here's Aussie Bureau wishing the other Bureaus Merry Xmas and a wonderful New Year and beyond. :hb::party::party2:

emdee

Final Flight
Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year.

And many accolades for Patty in the new year as well.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
May all have the most joyous of the Holidays and may none gain more weight than can be shed easily in January!

May this fest continue all year after the season's feasting.

All my best to all!

emdee

Final Flight
Happy Birthday PChiddy. At 22 you are a big boy now.

Have a wonderful and successful 2013!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Happy 23rd Birthday Patrick!! May this year of the black Snake be auspicious for you.

Actually just worked out you are a hard working Capricorn, now wonder it explained a few things about your skating. Reliable, hardworking, practical and disciplined, usually a slow starter and not the most emotional signs around, but you will get there in the end, I really hope you will end your season on a high and just love your skating this year.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Wow. How did Patrick get to age so fast today? I checked and made sure that I had not skipped a few days, or a year, in my life. Whew.

He was born December 31, 1990.

spikydurian

Medalist
If there's a (Mdm) white snake, then there should be a green snake too. It's supposed to be year of water black snake (now that reminds me of eel). :biggrin:
So Patrick is born in the year of the horse, and 2014 will be the year of the horse too.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
From Buttle busier than ever on the ice :

During the 10th anniversary of the Celebration on Ice show, he spoke with Star columnist Laura Young about the latest addition to his resume: choreographer, and the big name on that list, two-time world champion Patrick Chan. They began working together after a phone call from Patrick Chan's mother wanting to know if Buttle would choreograph an exhibition piece. Of course Buttle said yes, and almost immediately knew what he wanted to do, in terms of creating a program.

"As a choreographer, I love what I do, but it's not very often that you get to work with such talented skaters. I admire Patrick's skating so much. They wanted something sort of Chopin, classical. For me, he has such raw power and purity to his skating, I felt we should do something a little more dramatic. A Chopin can be fluid and not really go anywhere dramatically. I found a piece to (Russian composer) Rachmaninoff. I thought it was very much him, something he hadn't really done before. He's known for being so powerful and packing his programs so much. I wanted to show the maturity of his skating and keep it simple. Sometimes sustaining a single movement for a long period of time can be just as effective."

They turned it into the competitive short program Chan is using in an effort to win his third consecutive world title. It's not always an easy task. With exhibition programs, there are few rules and no time limits. The competitive short is 2 minutes and 50 seconds with required elements.

"It sometimes sort of a letdown to do a competitive program from exhibition because it'll never have the same integrity. But we managed with Patrick. It takes him one crosscut to get to full speed, he's so powerful. I would do the preparation for his quad. I would do three crosscuts. Then I asked him to do it. After one crosscut he was already where I had gotten in three crosscuts. I was like, okay, we're only going to do one or two crosscuts then. It's just incredible. We managed to maintain the integrity of the exhibition program which I was very happy about."

spikydurian

Medalist
Wishing Patrick a very happy 22nd birthday tomorrow. :hb::party::hb::party2: May all your dreams come true, Patrick.

SF, I think Patrick is lucky to be able to work with all these great and rising choreographers too. I have a dream wish for Patrick. I will wish it on the eve of his birthday. For 2013-14, I think Patrick will keep his La Boheme for this season so my wish is for Lori to do his SP and Jeff to do his Ex. Wouldn't this be wonderful?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Happy Birthday Patrick! :hb: May you continue to grow as a person and a figure skater. May peace, love, joy, and soaring success :rock: be yours this coming year and always.

Much love from your fans, admirers, and supporters on this special day. You know we are here, and out there. :)

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Happy Birthday Patrick! :hb: May you continue to grow as a person and a figure skater. May peace, love, joy, and soaring success :rock: be yours this coming year and always.

Much love from your fans, admirers, and supporters on this special day. You know we are here, and out there. :)
I could not have said it better myself. Wishing Patrick all the best in everything he does! It's hard to believe he's only 22 years old. He's done so much in just a few short years!