Japanese Nationals - Men | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals - Men

futureidol

On the Ice
Skating clean? :confused: You mean the mistake on the 3S doesn't count?

As for making the World team, that's premature. Only the Japanese Champion is guaranteed a spot. With Oda's particular situation and absence, I am not sure the JSF is ready to announce the entire World team just yet. If Oda has a chance of coming back on time for 4CC and Worlds, it wouldn't surprise that both Hanyu and Oda may have to a skate off at the 4CC.

Okay, almost clean and he won the FS. And Yuzuru has had a way better season than Oda, and it would be a real injustice if he didn't make the World team.

treeloving

Medalist
Okay, almost clean and he won the FS. And Yuzuru has had a way better season than Oda, and it would be a real injustice if he didn't make the World team.

If I remember correctly,They usually announce the team 1 day after national; if Oda is not better by now and consider the way Yuzuru skated this season, I think there are no way the will put him off the team for someone who just recovered from injure.

Anyway, Yuzuru you make me so proud! What a great skate, I can't imagine his score if he did the 3sal: morethan 170 wow wow wow!

Comgratulatio for wining FS, you totally deserve this and the place in world team :points:

Last edited:

futureidol

On the Ice
They usually announce the team 1 day after national; if Oda is not better by now and consider the way Yuzuru skated this season, I think there are no way the will put him off the team for someone who just recovered from injure.

Anyway, Yuzuru you make me so proud! What a great skate, I can't imagine his score if he did the 3sal: morethan 170 wow wow wow!

Comgratulatio for wining FS, you totally deserve this and the place in world team :points:

Good to know. I'm so proud of him too. Both his programs are so gorgeous and powerful this season. Wishing him all the best if he does make the Worlds team (which I know he will ;) ).

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Congratulations to Dai-chan, Kozuka, Yuzuru:clap:

Except for 1 fall of 3A combo, Kozuka's performance was really brilliant. Everytime I hear this music, I am filled with emotion, love love this music and program.

Yuzuru skated almost clean, what a beautiful 4T! He turned slow at the last part of steps, and poped 3S, but still his performance was filled with energy.

The world team will be announced tomorrow, so it will be Dai, Kozuka, Yuzuru.

treeloving

Medalist
Congratulations to Dai-chan, Kozuka, Yuzuru:clap:

Except for 1 fall of 3A combo, Kozuka's performance was really brilliant. Everytime I hear this music, I am filled with emotion, love love this music and program.

:agree: I feel that Kozuka projected a lot of emotion today than he ever did in the past. The program totally got me in.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
How’s Machida doing?
What does this mean?
冒頭は4回転はやらず、ダブルアクセルに。トリプルアクセルはセカンドジャンプをダブルにした。続くトリプルループも着氷。後半のトリプルアクセルも決まり、着実にジャンプを決めていくが終盤のルッツがダブルに。

He did 2A instead of 4T. As for 3A combo, he changed planned second jump(3T) into 2T. Landed 3Lo. Also landed 3A and other jumps in the latter half, but poped 3Lz into double.

Daisuke fell three times? Rats! I don't think I have the strength to watch the FS. I'll just watch the SP twice and call it a day.

On the plus side, maybe he got the falls out of his system and will skate a perfect FS at Worlds. Fingers are crossed!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Daisuke fell three times? Rats! I don't think I have the strength to watch the FS. I'll just watch the SP twice and call it a day.

On the plus side, maybe he got the falls out of his system and will skate a perfect FS at Worlds. Fingers are crossed!

Actually, you should. It's a textbook demonstration on how a skater can still sell a program even with multiple falls/visible errors. His high PCS (nearly 87) attests to that.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Hanyu so clearly needs to work on his stamina and conditioning. Halfway through his ChSt1 you could tell he was gonna screw up his next jump. And while I don't love this program like Blades, I admire his attack.

Kozuka probably had my favourite skate of the night (of the top three, anyway). His PCS were quite low - only 2.5 points higher than Hanyu, which I disagree with entirely (that translates to one level - 0.25 - above on each component). Don't know what that's about.

jettasian

Match Penalty
I am so tired of reading everywhere about Chan! This is Japanese nationals, not Canadian nationals. Let's see how he does in his own nationals and than we can start a different thread comparing scores, overs-cores, PCS and everyting. But not now and not here

I know! How dare Chan's name shows up in this Japanese love-fest thread!!! I guess Dai love-fest should not show up at Canadian National threads at all then? :rolleye:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Why is Kozuka always sooo uderscored? His skating is so smooth, the speed is amazing, his landings are like butter and has the best spins in this competition. My favorite skater from Japan is(and will probably remain so for a long time) Daisuke, but I think at the end of the day Kozuka deserved the title more than Daisuke. Special mention to Yuzuru but he was so far behind in the SP, plus the mistake on his 3S, I think he deserved no more than bronze.
All 3 medalists have the best 3 LP of the season(my personal preference, of course). I hope to see them skate cleanly at worlds.