Pairs Competition | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs Competition

treeloving

Medalist
The second group of pairs was really great. All teams delivered.

Novik & Novoselov had a really interesting program. I loved the lift where her leg is straight up in the air; I'd never seen anything like it. Great SBS 3T.

Gerboldt & Enbert had their best skate since last year's nationals. Their only bobbles were the catch on the twist and a bad landing on the 3S from her. Great throws in the second half. Good power and nice lifts.

Davankova and Deputat have AMAZING technical elements. Good 3T, huge 3Lo & 3F throws and a gorgeous twist with a great catch. Their program is a bit generic, but given that they are a new team, it's great what they've accomplished. I'd be shocked if they don't make it to Junior Worlds. They can contend for the podium there.

Petaikina & Kurduykov had the best program so far, IMO. Lovely tango and they used the music well. Another team with wonderful lifts - I love the one where she is in a dance lift and he in a spread eagle.

Very fun competition to watch, with a lot of difficutl content :)

Wow, even with the absent of the top two, it still a great high quality competition :yay:. Hope all in the last group will skate clean as well.

oleada

Record Breaker
M/R were lovely! 3S clean, 3FTh, 3LoTh, 2A-2A (she singled the second), good lifts, off unison in the end of the SBS spins. I'm so happy for them to have this sktae after so much trouble!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Lubov is struggling with the jumps in the warm up. Come on, you can do it. Also she and Nodari look like they aren't talking to each other :( She seems very nervous. Please skating gods let them skate well

Well done Anastasia and Alexei :clap:

oleada

Record Breaker
Lubov and Nodari :( Fall on the 3T (UR), 2S, hand down on the throw and completely lacking in any spark, energy or speed. I fear they will drop a lot after all the great skates :(

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Lubov and Nodari :( Fall on the 3T (UR), 2S, hand down on the throw and completely lacking in any spark, energy or speed. I fear they will drop a lot after all the great skates :(

NOO:disapp:
Thanks for the report, now I will not watch them, I don't want to feel depressed
Something is not going well, you can see in their body language from the warm up.
4th place but they will probably end up in 6th. Oh dear

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
I think B/L got nervous at the thought of their first national title. Some errors from Vera on the SBS jumps. Throws and lifts were excellent as usual. Not the same confidence they had yesterday. But IMO they will win anyway.

Oh and after seeing the K&C of I/M, I wouldn't be surprised if they split :(

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I/M splitting would be sad, but I would not blame him. He needs a partner who can land her jumps, no matter how great and unique Lubov is. I still hope she can pull a Martyusheva and starts landing her jumps again

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
and Martyusheva and Rogonov get their first National Podium standing. excellent.
Beautiful and promising pair and Martyusheva has improved

lets celebrate on Rogonov's youtube channel. LOL :laugh:
at least Rogonov and Maisuradze share a laugh

but that would be aweful if Maisuradze and Iliushechkina dissolve their partnership
just needs to work more, I believe they can still improve and all is not lost

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
And to think M/R would probably win nationals in any other country(except China) but here in Russia they won't even make the Euro and Worlds team is just sad

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Clean skate from Stolbova/Klimov! Good for them :)

Good! What will it be, silver or bronze?
Vera is such a fierce young lady! I love angry/stone/sad face in the K&C. She really wanted a clean skate, she was still sad when she saw the scores

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
1. Bazarova/Larionov 2. Stolbova/Klimov 3. Martyusheva/Rogonov

Davankova and Deputat win the TES!

doctor2014

On the Ice
I don’t see V/T and K/S competing here. If they don’t compete at RN, do they still automatically get to go to Euros and Worlds?

oleada

Record Breaker
I don’t see V/T and K/S competing here. If they don’t compete at RN, do they still automatically get to go to Euros and Worlds?

Well, Russian nationals has traditionally only determined the team for Europeans and then Europeans determines the team for Worlds. Given their results this fall, I doubt that V/T and K/S will be left off the team ;-)

Interesting; I didn't realize that the world-class main teams weren't competing here. Is that something that happens every year?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

V/T and K/S are taking the months off to heal some minor injuries
and use teh time to better prepare for Euros/Worlds

M/R deserved better PCS than S/K, but I guess it's ok. Neither will go to Euros/Worlds :(

well that's ok, I'm fine with B/L for the 3rd spot at Worlds/Euro
but S/K and M/R will still be assigned and represent for Grand Prix :)

I especially want to see M/R compete again at Grand Prix series
and see how they have improved at Internationals since their last competitions