Pairs Competition | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs Competition

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Interesting; I didn't realize that the world-class main teams weren't competing here. Is that something that happens every year?

Last year both K/S and V/T were at the Russian nationals. Both teams withdrew because of injuries.
Even if the world-class main teams were not here, the level of the competition was very very high. Congrats to the medalists

Macassar88

Medalist
Just watched Davankova and Deputat
Is their music from the normal Romeo and Juliet by Rota or is it the Totmianina/Marinin version?
They have very nice elements
About their SBS double axels, that was an interesting entrance.

Macassar88

Medalist
Did anyone notice that Martiusheva rolled her eyes as she was giving Rogonov her hand? Is there something wrong between the two of them?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

LOL, I noticed that, then after that she gave like a fake smile on their way to the opening
you think they are in a relationship? I don't think its pedophilia , she's 16 and he's 23, well for me at least that's OK

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually am REALLY impressed by B/L's side by side jumps. I know she made mistakes but they are finally finally finally in unison- honestly I'd given up hope for them on that and am so pleased that they've obviously worked hard to prove me wrong.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Yuri and Vera, so happy for them their first National title. They had a couple of mistakes but
I thought they skated that program the best this season. Good for them. I am at work and only have time to
watch Yuri and Vera's video. Will view the rest later tonight at home, sounds like there were some great skates.

Congrats to the medalists, and thank you for posting the videos.

seniorita

Record Breaker
It is the first time I watched Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA / Alexei ROGONOV, are they competing in Juniors? I like them a lot.
Sad about I/M , Lubov is so special. Thats a very bad season for them, I hope at least after Sochi when top teams retire they will shine.

DianaSelene

Medalist
Just watched Davankova and Deputat
Is their music from the normal Romeo and Juliet by Rota or is it the Totmianina/Marinin version?
They have very nice elements
About their SBS double axels, that was an interesting entrance.

I think it is the same that T/M used. It is Romeo and Juliet by Nino Rota performed and arranged by Edvin Marton.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ Oh thanx, I read her wiki page, they had skated in Cor 2009 but I dont remember them at all, neither last season.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
^ Oh thanx, I read her wiki page, they had skated in Cor 2009 but I dont remember them at all, neither last season.

I don't think last season she was able to land a single triple jump. Everybody thought they separated before the season started and now look at them. They are coached by Natalia Pavlova, just like Lubov and Nodari, that's why I still hope Lubov gets her jumps back. like Anastasia did.(but I'm afraid it can be the other way around, last season Lubov was pretty much landing the 3T and 3S and now she can't. The same thing can happen to Anastasia next season. This girls are much to inconstant I'm afraid but both so very talented and special!)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

hopefully with their bronze win.
they will be assigned to 2 or more GP events :)

I like their pairing, they have real chemistry, whether they are a real couple or not
you feel something when they skate, but I cant find a video of their 2009 Cup of Russia , any video links ? :confused:

well she can land triple jumps and the throw landings that's a great start. :)
hope to see them in the comings seasons and with even more artistry and technicality

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Considering that the top 2 teams were absent this was a very high quality competition. Delighted to see B/L claim their first national title, her jumps were a off in the long but apart from that they done well. Am a big fan of S/K, great to see them bounce back after a somewhat disappointing GP season, they have a very individual style, hopefully they can build on this. Am amazed but delighted to see the performances of M/R, fingers crossed that this is a stepping stone in the right direction.

Good to see G/E fight back after the short, apart for her error on the salchow they were spot on. Was very impressed with all the junior couples, D/D are real stars in the making. The only disappointment I guess was I/M, she seems to have lost her confidence on the jumps, they didn't look very happy in the K&C afterwards, I really hope they can work through this and come back stronger.

The depth in Russian pair skating at the moment is crazy.

lcd

Match Penalty
The champs got chore from Marina Zoueva, right? Does she work with other Russian teams? I know she has worked with the Chinese in the past.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Bazarova & Larionov list their choreographers as Sergei Petukhov & Alexei Gorshkov.

Of course, Zueva was one of the main choreographers for Gordeeva & Grinkov, back in the day.