Men Competiton | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men Competiton

Nadine

Record Breaker
Everybody must be watching now b/c my 2nd link is crashing every 5-10 seconds! :eek: Only got to see Gashinski thus far during practice, where's Zhenya!?! :confused: Need to find another link that doesn't crash, lol. :laugh:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Seriously, where is Evgeni!?! :confused2: They only show Gashinski. I'm starting to worry....

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, THERE HE IS, ONLY GOT A GLIMPSE, BUT BRAND NEW COSTUME, TOP PART IS LOVELY LAVENDER!!!!!! :rock: :love: :yay:

ciocio

On the Ice
Plushy's score was huge considering the program, I don't like it, besides he skated better yesterday in practice. :/

Nadine

Record Breaker
ALLRIGHT, LANDED HIS OPENING QUAD, 3A, AND 3/2 COMBO. WITHOUT PROBLEM (just a tiny hitch on the landing of the quad, but fully rotated). Then flew across the ice, nobody does it bettter! :bow:

Looved loved his camel into donut spin, nobody honestly does it better, and his death drop is out of this world. Lol, my speakers are up so loud I cannot hear myself think or hear or type. :biggrin:

That said, I absolutely DO NOT like this program at all. *cries* :cry: As God is my witness he is sooooo much more deserving of a program that does him justice. Perfect figure, blade to ice, control, jumps, et al. Please please please give him a program that does him justice. I beg of you. This is what lost him the gold in Vancouver. I was in the audience, I know.

ciocio

On the Ice
Zhenya is in great shape, the technical content is strong and there is room for improvement too. His spins were better before the surgery and probably he'll improve when he recovers. But the program is awful, actually it does not exist. What a shame!!!! I'll go and cry now, ok????

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
terrible what happened to Maxim butchered his 3A . fell twice.
hope he bounces back at LP :cry:

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Not as impressive as his comeback at 2009 COR, but I'll take it because I know he's older now, has an injury(s), and is 2 yrs. older. I mean seriously I've been worrying, which I never used to do before, lol. But he did it!!!! Can't believe he actually landed his fully rotated quad, 3A, and 3/2 combo. And his command of the ice is unmatched, unequalled, unrivalled imho.

Still, the program sucks, sorry but it does. A program can make or break a skater, it can honestly be the difference between medalling and not. It's all in the program. He needs a better program.

But I'm just so happy he's back, on the ice, and skating. And I will be on tenterhooks for the LP. :eek: :) :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I've been so overcome by Zhenya's return to the ice that I forgot everybody else, lol. :biggrin:

Anyhow, now that I'm settled down, just got through watching the latest young man on the ice. Fall on opening quad, both hands down on 3A, first part of 3/3 landed, but second part hands down. Not good.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I think the only one that can challenge Zhenya is Gachinski. If he's on he can edge him out imho. He has a way better program, that's why. Jmho.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice clean program by Artur Dmietriev Jr. 3A, 3/3, 3L, but his spins are weak. Still, I think I'd place him 2nd or 3rd. Jmho.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I like this program better than the arranguez that never liked it. Is it some version of Vivaldi? Anyway he doesnt seem ready but what an axel, I didnt watch after that :)
Yey Arthur! And I m glad about Grigoriev, I think he has developped great!

Nadine

Record Breaker
He does it, I had butterflies, but I acknowledge this kid's prowess, like looking at Zhenya from 10 yrs. ago. Fab opening 4/2, spread eagle into 3A, and nice 3R. And his program kicks butt. :cool: