Russan Nats articles (Anna Kondakova) | Golden Skate

Russan Nats articles (Anna Kondakova)

seniorita

Record Breaker
I ll put this here,
Russian Team for Euros announced, Worlds team depends on Euros performances.

From T Flade twitter
RUS team for Euros: Plushenko, Gachinski, Voronov, Leonova, Makarova, Korobeinikova (yey!), Volosozhar/Trankov, Kawaguchi/Smirnov, Bazarova/Lario, Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Riazanova/Guerreiro.
As for Plushenko, RUS Fed will turn to ISU.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
With Makarova and Korobeinikova Russia may very well lose the 3 spots for 2013. Shelepen would be more reliable. She only had a bad SP all season, the rest of her skates were pretty good, scoring over 100 in the LP every time. Not to mention she beat Korobeinikova both times they went head to head(and also in Russian nationals LP, and that with a fall). Yes,I do like Polina K better but I think Shelepen is more reliable. Polina K messed all her international SP.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

Shelepen would be a good choice too, I'd say she is the most consistent and reliable of all the upcoming russian seniors
but she should replace Makarova not Korobeynikova
it should be Leonova, Shelepen and Korobeynikova. Korobeynikova usually bounces back in her LP whatever mess she has in her SP
I cant say the same the same for Makarova, she is the most inconsistent especially at Internationals

the Euros comes first and whoever bombs their performance
the Worlds is still open for Shelepen and maybe Biryukova

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
^

Shelepen would be a good choice too, I'd say she is the most consistent and reliable of all the upcoming russian seniors
but she should replace Makarova not Korobeynikova
it should be Leonova, Shelepen and Korobeynikova. Korobeynikova usually bounces back in her LP whatever mess she has in her SP
I cant say the same the same for Makarova, she is the most inconsistent especially at Internationals

the Euros comes first and whoever bombs their performance
the Worlds is still open for Shelepen and maybe Biryukova

I don't think Shelepen is the most consistent or reliable. I think that she's very good early in the season but struggles as the season progresses. Look at her performances at the last two Junior worlds, as a barimeter for that.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I ll put this here,
Russian Team for Euros announced, Worlds team depends on Euros performances.

From T Flade twitter
RUS team for Euros: Plushenko, Gachinski, Voronov, Leonova, Makarova, Korobeinikova (yey!), Volosozhar/Trankov, Kawaguchi/Smirnov, Bazarova/Lario, Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Riazanova/Guerreiro.

I presume that will be Riazanova/Tkachenko, since they finished 3rd at Russian Nationals while Pushkash & Guerreiro finished 4th..

Perhaps it would have been better for both of them, if it were still Riazanova/Guerreiro.

Plushenko still has time to pick up a Senior B to get a qualifying score before Europeans.

Mentor Nestle NesQuik Cup in Torum, Poland, Jan 4 to 8
International Trophy of Lyon in Lyon, France, Jan 6 to 8
Skate Helena in Belgrade, Serbia Jan 11 to 15

There are 6 or 7 Senior B's between Europeans & Worlds.

I'm presuming as a returning Olympic medallist, he is hoping for a bye. I'm fuzzy about what the rules about that are, considering that he has reincarnated once before, for the 2010 Olympics. Does a second Olympic medal entitle him to a second time to reincarnate without qualifying?

And is he allowed to skate at all, given that he did not skate at Worlds last year, but skated in shows, and got banned for an indefinite period by the ISU?

http://www.universalsports.com/blogs/blog=gofigure/postid=480309.html

Last edited:

havefun

Rinkside
With Makarova and Korobeinikova Russia may very well lose the 3 spots for 2013. Shelepen would be more reliable. She only had a bad SP all season, the rest of her skates were pretty good, scoring over 100 in the LP every time. Not to mention she beat Korobeinikova both times they went head to head(and also in Russian nationals LP, and that with a fall). Yes,I do like Polina K better but I think Shelepen is more reliable. Polina K messed all her international SP.
Congrats to all ladies that made it. Love Korobeinikova. Lots of potential. These 3 ladies I am sure will do very well. Good decision to await euros results for decision on worlds. A chance to see who has already peaked this season and who is still improving. Ksenia and Leonova were in a subjective tye at nationals. Polina is a beauty on the ice and will benefit from the experience.