Ladies Competition | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies Competition

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
is Evgenia Medvedeva the Evgenia from Coach Eteri Tutberidze ?

well not that good LP from Lisa as well. but she still has a chance for bronze
SO Alena Leonova FOR GOLD ( just so not to jynx )

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Yes but she broke her leg at one point. They are not related, I don't think. Darya M. skated out of St. Petersburg.

I guess they are not related, but Darya also skated at Tutberidze's group and then her family moved to Petersburg.
Liza looked tired, the beginning of the season was very intense for her. I hope she will get some rest and show her best at Junior Worlds :)

is Evgenia Medvedeva the Evgenia from Coach Eteri Tutberidze ?
Yes, she is

Brenda

On the Ice
Agree, Shershak has very good lines and presentation for a 13 year-old. And even though she doesn't have the harder triples, she does do the 3T-3T, which is very impressive and really helps her in short programs. And at least she already has one major vertical growth spurt behind her, so learning those harder triples in the next couple of years will be a slightly smoother process than for girls who have to re-learn them with a bigger body and re-train their muscle memory at 15-17. I was very impressed with her on the JGP and hope she continues to improve. If she doesn't get those jumps, maybe she could consider ice dance, her elegance is quite impressive for her age.

Medvedeva is great too, and she only just turned 12 (I think the closeup showed her adult teeth haven't all come in yet, adorable!). She shows a lot of joy when skating and has nicer presentation than some older girls. And to think she didn't even "qualify" for nationals earlier until Tutberidze complained in that interview.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Are Natalia,Alsu and Maria the same age as Evgenia,aren't they? If so,why the other girls don't participate in Nationals? I guess they have enough talent to debut here.

oleada

Record Breaker
Aside from Medvedeva, none of the ladies in this group skated anywhere close to their potential :( Hope the next group is better.

oleada

Record Breaker
Are Natalia,Alsu and Maria the same age as Evgenia,aren't they? If so,why the other girls don't participate in Nationals? I guess they have enough talent to debut here.

I am assuming you are talking about Alsou Kayouma and Natalia Ogoreltseva. I don't know who Maria is. The issue with Evgenia is that she skated in senior Russian Cup competitions and placed well enough (2nd in one event, winning the LP ahead of Makarova) to qualify for Nationals. However, she was not invited and skters who finished behind her (like Anna Ovcharova) were invited over her. That's what Tutberidze was complaining about.

I don't think Ogoreltseva and Kayoumova placed as well in the Russian Cup and I'm not even sure Ogoreltseva competed as a senior.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
^^

Is this the Natalia you mean ? Natalia Ogoreltseva ?
she is 11 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqQqihsYP_Y

someone mention that reason some cant participate because they are too young
and can only compete in junior nationals
There are no age limits at Nationals, for example, Liza debuted there at the age of 10-11, but Ogoreltseva didn't try to qualify for senior Nationals, she only skated as a junior at Russian cup events when Medvedeva skated both and qualified for both Nationals

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
I am assuming you are talking about Alsou Kayouma and Natalia Ogoreltseva. I don't know who Maria is. The issue with Evgenia is that she skated in senior Russian Cup competitions and placed well enough (2nd in one event, winning the LP ahead of Makarova) to qualify for Nationals. However, she was not invited and skters who finished behind her (like Anna Ovcharova) were invited over her. That's what Tutberidze was complaining about.

I don't think Ogoreltseva and Kayoumova placed as well in the Russian Cup and I'm not even sure Ogoreltseva competed as a senior.

I understand,thank you!
EDIT:Kayumova finished higher place than Sharshaka and Ovcharova at 5th cup,Sahanobich(who terns 12 Jan 9th) got 1st and Ogoreltseva 3rd at3rd stage. Maria Sotkova,who I mentioned as Maria competed girls stage through Russia cup. I wanted to see their at national this year,but wait for junior national and national next year.

Last edited:

Shaba22

Final Flight
Standings after 2 groups:
1 Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 174.40
2 Polina Korobeynikova 165.57
3 Evgenia Medvedeva 161.74
4 Polina Shelepen 154.78
5 Anna Shershak 152.11
6 Evgenia Gerasimova 152.02
7 Maria Artemyeva 148.44
8 Polina Agafonova 148.14
9 Alexandra Deeva 144.50
10 Sofya Mishina 143.74
11 Anna Ovcharova 134.67
12 Maria Stavitskaya 130.72
http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1112/nat2012/SEG110.HTM

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Next is another wonderkid:

Elena Radionova, :) love her confidence and very musical girl

There are no age limits at Nationals, for example, Liza debuted there at the age of 10-11, but Ogoreltseva didn't try to qualify for senior Nationals, she only skated as a junior at Russian cup events when Medvedeva skated both and qualified for both Nationals

ok thanks, because I was wondering why Ogoreltseva was not invited
so even though she has won some national competitions but its only for juniors

Last edited:

Shaba22

Final Flight
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

3Lz-3T
3Lz
3F - fall
2A
3Lo-2T
3S - fall
2A-2T - hand up axel

58.32 + 116.08 = 174.40 (1st)

oleada

Record Breaker
Radionova fell on her opening 3L+3T but landed everything else. Nice spark, musicality and spins.

oleada

Record Breaker
I think Korobeynikova can start packing her bags for Europeans. Biriukova is bombing. Falls on her first 3 jumps. I feel so sorry for her :(

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

really unexpected what happened to Shelepen and Biryukova
but now I'm interested if Makarova can hold it together in her LP or bomb it again.

Korobeynikova going to World/Euros, good for her ! :D

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I think Korobeynikova can start packing her bags for Europeans. Biriukova is bombing. Falls on her first 3 jumps. I feel so sorry for her :(

It's still unclear though. Shelepen beat both Korobeinikova and Biryukova at FS, maybe RFSF will give the third spot in the team to her, she did very well at JGP and beat Korobeinikova there