Youth Olympics - ladies event | Golden Skate

Youth Olympics - ladies event

tulosai

Record Breaker
No. Some nations get two. I know Russia has two and they are sending Adelina and Elizavetta.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The website:
http://www.innsbruck2012.com/en

figure skating page on the website
http://www.innsbruck2012.com/en/sports/disciplines/eiskunstlauf

It's a big event, and the US is sending a team overall
http://www.teamusa.org/news/2011/12/22/youth-olympic-games-head-to-innsbruck/45953

Here's the US Roster overall
http://pressbox.teamusa.org/Article Documents/2012-US-YOTc7c9e018-54b1-4933-925e-c4bfe1279155.pdf

And the figure skaters.

Michael Parsons M Figure Skating Ice Dancing 5-6 136 10/3/95 Rockville, Md.
Rachel Parsons F Figure Skating Ice Dancing 5-2 100 11/19/97 Rockville, Md.

Jordan Bauth F Figure Skating Ladies 4-10 86 7/23/97 Lancaster, N.Y.

Caitlin Belt F Figure Skating Pairs 5-0 95 5/23/96 Kennett Square, Pa.
Michael Johnson M Figure Skating Pairs 5-10 174 3/15/94 Yorktown, Va.

According to USFS press release, no man qualified. What about Jason Brown???? And what about Max Aaron (I think he is 17?)

Instead we are sending kids that aren't even in juniors, and the Russians are sending Tuktamysheva.

The age limitation of the athletes is between 14 to 18

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=47573&type=media

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The problem for the top US skaters is that the Youth Olympics start 10 days before the start of the US Championships and end on Saturday, January 21st, the day before the start of the US Novice events. There are also age restrictions:

To be eligible for the 2012 Youth Olympic Games, athletes must have been born between 1 January 1996 and 31 December 1997. Exception: Male skaters in Pairs and Ice Dance may have been born between 1 January 1994 and 31 December 1997.

Here are the US entries:

LADIES: Jordan Bauth. She won gold as a Junior at North Atlantic Regionals in October, but placed 5th at Eastern Sectionals and didn't make it to Nationals.

MEN: No US man was selected, probably because of the age restrictions. Jason Brown was born 12/15/94, Joshua Farris 01/06/95. Max Aaron is 19. Emmanuel Savary (01/06/98) and Nathan Chen (05/05/99) are too young.

PAIRS: Caitlin Belt / Michael Johnson. They won silver as Intermediates in 2011 and moved up to Junior this season. They were 5th at Eastern Sectionals and didn't make it to Nationals.

ICE DANCE: Rachel Parsons / Michael Parsons. They were the 2011 US Novice Champions and won silver at Eastern Sectionals. They will compete in Innsbruck and fly immediately back to San Jose CA to compete at Nationals as Juniors. The Junior SD competition begins on Tuesday, January 24th.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Just saying, Jason Brown is eligible, since 12/15/94 is after 1/1/1994 (the date give as the earliest allowable birth date.)
Joshua Farris is OK, too: 1/6/1995
Max Aaron is too old.

I'm assuming that Jason & Joshua are preferring to do US Nationals as seniors, and chose not to go...they certainly are qualified, though, since both are past US Junior medallists and current JGPF medallists.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Just saying, Jason Brown is eligible, since 12/15/94 is after 1/1/1994 (the date give as the earliest allowable birth date.)
Joshua Farris is OK, too: 1/6/1995
Max Aaron is too old.

I'm assuming that Jason & Joshua are preferring to do US Nationals as seniors, and chose not to go...they certainly are qualified, though, since both are past US Junior medallists and current JGPF medallists.

Actually, Brown and Farris are not eligible. Singles skaters must be born between 1/1/96 and 12/31/97. The 1994 age limit is JUST for pairs/dance males.

There's only two US males that are age eligible according to other sites, and both remained Novice this season.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm really looking forward to this, thanks for starting a thread about it! :love:

I have high hopes for Adelina Sotnikova (and hope she wears her red outfit again for the SP), and also I hope Elizaveta does well and skates clean, in fact I hope both skate clean and see where the chips fall. After all the best competitions are when everybody skates their best and you win. :cool:

As for Pairs, I'm crossing my fingers for the American Pair. I loooooved their program to "Titanic"!!!! :rock: Also, I'm impressed with that very young pair from Russia that recently skated at Russian Nationals. They remind me of Donlan & Speroff of the US. Here's hoping they are eligible and also are able to compete. :)^)

As for everybody else, I know nothing, therefore it will be interesting to see brand new performers (hopefully IN shows us some coverage).

Lastly, I hope this brand new Youth Olympics is successful, unlike the Goodwill Games, which I absolutely fell in love with but unfortunately are no more (link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodwill_Games ). :cry: On a positive note, at least Zhenya will forever hold the title of Goodwill Games Champion, because it was cancelled soon after.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^
me too I want a clean skate for Elizaveta and I think she was just tired by her last performance from GPF, looks like Adelina is regaining her performance and confidence back, it will be interesting from this 2 girls who will Win !. also JAPAN is sending Risa Shoji

As for Pairs, I'm crossing my fingers for the American Pair. I loooooved their program to "Titanic"!!!! :rock: Also, I'm impressed with that very young pair from Russia that recently skated at Russian Nationals. They remind me of Donlan & Speroff of the US. Here's hoping they are eligible and also are able to compete. :)^)

As for everybody else, I know nothing, therefore it will be interesting to see brand new performers (hopefully IN shows us some coverage).

Lastly, I hope this brand new Youth Olympics is successful, unlike the Goodwill Games, which I absolutely fell in love with but unfortunately are no more (link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodwill_Games ). :cry: On a positive note, at least Zhenya will forever hold the title of Goodwill Games Champion, because it was cancelled soon after.

Did you mean this new pair? Vasilisa DAVANKOVA and Andrei DEPUTAT ?
i love their Romeo and Juliet LP :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS8ls3dOd-c

No doubt they are amazing very talented young pair but I see them going to worlds , and I think there is an age eligibility on who will compete at Youth Olympics
:confused: Davankova is 13 and Deputat is 19 .

and lastly I believe the Winter Youth Olympics will be as successful as the Youth Olympic Games in Singapore
the Youth Olympics was the start up of top athletes like Viktoria Komova. so I hope the US too sends their Top Tier Athletes by
the next coming Youth Olympic Games :)

Last edited:

DianaSelene

Medalist
I also hope that Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva will both have amazing skates at the youth olympics and get OLYMPIC MEDALS (youth). However, I have a question about Sotnikova's 3Lz-3L. Why does she continue to do it? It is a cool combination and it's great that she tries it, but she almost always gets an edge call or under rotation. There is a high risk of falling and even when she did two clean ones at nationals, she underrotated in the sp and got 9.20 and downgraded in the long and got only 6.70. Even though these scores aren't bad, it seems that she would get more points if she did 3Lz-3T. It is a bit easier but at least she has a higher chance of rotating it. The combination is just too difficult to do it completely clean. Tuktamysheva got 11.10 points with a clean 3Lz-3T. Does anybody else think that it would be better for Adelina to change her combination?

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m not sure but I think I read an article where it said she is more comfortable to adding loops at the end and not toes.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Isn't her 3lz-3Lo her money combo ? and this racks more points , I forgot where but i think there was she mentioned she needs to have this in the opening combo as this will tire her out but Adelina's problem is that its flawed from the start since most of the time Adelina flutzes

I also think Elizaveta needs to step it up, how about adding her 3A at Youth Olympics ?
I don't think there is that much pressure here and it will be just like Junior Grand Prix/Worlds were
they have to contend with Adelina and Elizaveta battling each other .

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Canada sending anyone to the Youth Olympics?

I'm thinking they won't because the dates overlap Canadian Nationals.

Last edited:

LeCygne

Final Flight
Adelina seems to be on the right track after Russian Nationals, but I'm worried about Liza. At Nationals she did seem to be tired from her GP events, and she had such an early start to her season with the Japan Open too. If she has to go to Austria for this so soon after Nationals and then presumably Junior Worlds as well, that's one heck of a long season...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Did you mean this new pair? Vasilisa DAVANKOVA and Andrei DEPUTAT ?
i love their Romeo and Juliet LP :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS8ls3dOd-c

No doubt they are amazing very talented young pair but I see them going to worlds , and I think there is an age eligibility on who will compete at Youth Olympics
:confused: Davankova is 13 and Deputat is 19 .

Thanks for the info., and yes, that's them! :cool:

A shame if they miss the Youth Olympics, but OTOH it will give the American Pair a better chance. ;) :biggrin: *cheers*

loren

Rinkside
Who will likely be on the podium?:) (though gold and silver will likely goes to Russian girls..)

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Team Russia:

Men:
F.Efremenkov

Ladies:
A.Sotnikova
E.Tuktamysheva

Pairs:
Dolidze/Ivanov
Fyodorova/Miroshkin

Ice Dance:
Simonova/Dragun
Yanovskaya/Mozgov

cooper

Medalist
i hope yuna enjoys watching figure skating in the audience.. :):)

good luck to all competitors!

Macassar88

Medalist
Isn't her 3lz-3Lo her money combo ? and this racks more points , I forgot where but i think there was she mentioned she needs to have this in the opening combo as this will tire her out but Adelina's problem is that its flawed from the start since most of the time Adelina flutzes

I also think Elizaveta needs to step it up, how about adding her 3A at Youth Olympics ?
I don't think there is that much pressure here and it will be just like Junior Grand Prix/Worlds were
they have to contend with Adelina and Elizaveta battling each other .

Yes please! I think that she should start doing it just so she can get practice because, honestly, the worst thing that will happen is that she falls on her *** for a while and loses a bunch of junior competitions that no one really cares about which will lower pressure on her over the long run. But the triple axel will need time before she can get it consistent in competition.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
well, like I said I don't think there isn't that much pressure here
so its good for Liza to try new things although yes, there is a high chance Liza will fall on her 3A as it needs more consistency and practice
but I still think she should give it a shot, Adelina has been rebounding from her GP events

Opening of YOG is January 13
some articles about YOG 2O12

about Ladies Figure Skating
http://www.innsbruck2012.com/en/new...to_light_up_ladies_figure_skating_competition

Kim Yuna
http://www.olympic.org/content/YOG_...ives-at-the-first-Winter-Youth-Olympic-Games/

Facebook Page with photos:

http://de-de.facebook.com/Innsbruck2012

Last edited: