Caroline Zhang
Alissa Czisny
Rachael Flatt
Christina Gao
Vanessa Lam
Mirai Nagasu
Ashley Wagner
Agnes Zawadzki

Take your pick it looks like its going to be a good fight this year although in my opinion Alissa will win due to how together she she was at her two grand prix events and the final may have been a fluke although i always have hope that Christina will produce something amazing and get on the team for worlds but for her to get a descent shot after her grand prix performance she'd really need to win oh well :eek:hwell: . Anyway can't wait to hear your opinions :biggrin: WOOOOH!!! IM SO PUMPED FOR THIS SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahem excuse my blathering :eek::

Last edited:

Irishflip

On the Ice
My predictions-
1st-Alissa Czisny
2nd-Mirai Nagasu
3rd- Ashley Wagne or maybe Christina Gao :confused2: :confused:
Sad third place doesnt get to go to worlds as i have a soft spot for both :frown:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
still hoping Mirai will win, but so not to jynx

1 Alissa Czisny
2 Mirai Nagasu
3 Ashley Wagner / Agnes Zawadzki

Irishflip

On the Ice
I think its probably for the best she doesn't as so many skaters have burnt out (Caroline Zhang is a good example of a skater who learned bad technique because she was rushed to senior level) and she probably wants to test the waters at junior level first.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Im hoping the World team is going to be Alissa & Mirai. I love both and am torn on who I want to win. So Im going to say:

Mirai Nagasu
Alissa Czisny
Ashley Wagner(although Id love for Caroline Zhang to have an amazing comeback story)

I think Flatt, Gao & Zawadski will be in the mix.

I hpoe Joelle Forte has a great Nationals

mskater93

Record Breaker
I think its probably for the best she doesn't as so many skaters have burnt out (Caroline Zhang is a good example of a skater who learned bad technique because she was rushed to senior level) and she probably wants to test the waters at junior level first.
It's not this, it's more that she didn't make Nationals last year at the Junior level, so she stayed back

heyhey

On the Ice
If the information provided on another board is true and the USFSA did not release Keifer Hubbell to Canada to skate with Vanessa Crone, following nationals we can see a change in partners for either Charlotte Lichtman or Emily Samuelson (my prediction)...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Didn't Emily already try out with Keiffer, and it didn't work? Charlotte could definitely use a new partner, since Copley hasn't grown.

heyhey

On the Ice
Didn't Emily already try out with Keiffer, and it didn't work? Charlotte could definitely use a new partner, since Copley hasn't grown.

Well it will be interesting to see what happens. If Keiffer Hubbell was skating with Vanessa Crone at the DSC until December and then the USFSA nixed the release...if Hubbell and Lichtman do partner up - do they skate under S/Z in Canton or K/C at the DSC...I know I am jumping the gun...but I can't see any other reason why the USFSA would not release Mr. Hubbell...

I would love to see Nagasu, Wagner and Gao, but that's not a prediction. A prediction would be Nagasu, Czisny, and Wagner. I would be thrilled if Yasmin Siraj or another of the up-and-comers could pop up to the podium. I think Zhang is just staving off the inevitable, unfortunately.

wishonastar

On the Ice
Men's-
Abbott
Dornbush
Rippon
Obviously an uneducated guess...

Ladies-
Nagasu
Czisny
Wagner
Tho' I think that #1 and #2 could easily flip.

Pairs-
E/L
D/C
M/B

Dance-
D/W
S/S
H/D, C/B will battle for the spot

fairly4

Medalist
i am not going to make any predictions why==
i think they have already made up their minds about who is on the podium.

they have a short list for each.

normally i would because the falls, missteps, little bobbles, screw up was the level playing field against the top skaters that competed.

not so anymore -why you can blow you program and still win . if they want you you to win, medal -they will make it so by the pcs scores to keep you up there. if not they wont.

just look at the gp series to see that happening.

so for med the people int he running for the medals for ladies is as follows
alissa, mirai, rachel, ashely,
pairs,
i don't know
coughlin/denny, evora, ladwig, and maybe a couple of thers
dance

d/w shibs, hubbell/donohue, chock/bates, and maybe a couple others

mskater93

Record Breaker
I don't agree with your "predestination theory", fairly. If that were true, Abbott would have been higher than 4th last year.

cornell08

Final Flight
You really went out on a limb with your third pick. Sorry, don't see it happening unless something amazing has happened in the last 2 months.

Yeah, I guess it was less of a 'most likely podium' but rather who I think will take # 1 and # 2 plus a wishful bronze. That said, I don't think its impossible. Ice is slippery ;)