fallingsk8er

On the Ice
For the men :
Dornbush - has a quad now...and projects a lot of confidence when he skates
Abbott - Hoping he wins, but predicting he wont :(
Miner - great programs this year

For ladies, I'll take:
Czisny - GPF was a fluke...no one skates that badly twice in the same season
Nagasu - She could actually win if she would just smile a little during the routine.
Wagner - If Flatt shows up fit and ready, Ashley and Mirai may have to settle for 3rd and 4th.
Flatt - Her Firebird routine is the best of the group. I hope she nails it.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I just hope Mirai and Alissa do well. If they do, they are of course shoo ins for the podium. That's only a sort of prediction but it's the only thing I am sure of. Like Spun, I also think it would be exciting to see a newcomer on the podium this season.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Predictions

Men
1. Jeremy Abbott
2. Adam Rippon
3. Ross Miner
4. Joshua Farris
5. Richard Dornbush

Ladies
1. Alissa Czisny
2. Ashley Wagner
3. Rachel Flatt
4. Mirai Nagasu
5. Samantha Cesario

Pairs
1. Denney/Coughlin
2. Evora/Ladwig
3. Vise/Baldwin
4. Marley/Brubaker
5. Casteli/Shnapir

Dance
1. Davis/White
2. Shibutani/Shibutani
3. Chock/Bates
4. Hubbell/Donahue
5. Kreingairut/Giuletti-Schmidt (sp?)

Hopes
1. That Flatt medals (top three, not pewter)
2. That Donlan/Spiroff make the top five
3. That K/G-S come third
4. That Farris and Aaron surprise and do well in the men.
5. That Wagner and Czisny make the world team.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Predictions

Men
1. Jeremy Abbott
2. Adam Rippon
3. Ross Miner
4. Joshua Farris
5. Richard Dornbush

Ladies
1. Alissa Czisny
2. Ashley Wagner
3. Rachel Flatt
4. Mirai Nagasu
5. Samantha Cesario

Pairs
1. Denney/Coughlin
2. Evora/Ladwig
3. Vise/Baldwin
4. Marley/Brubaker
5. Casteli/Shnapir

Dance
1. Davis/White
2. Shibutani/Shibutani
3. Chock/Bates
4. Hubbell/Donahue
5. Kreingairut/Giuletti-Schmidt (sp?)

Hopes
1. That Flatt medals (top three, not pewter)
2. That Donlan/Spiroff make the top five
3. That K/G-S come third
4. That Farris and Aaron surprise and do well in the men.
5. That Wagner and Czisny make the world team.

Interesting IP. I think you're the only person out there that would put Rachael in third, given her poor GP standing. What's your thought process behind this?

macy

Record Breaker
For the men :
Dornbush - has a quad now...and projects a lot of confidence when he skates
Abbott - Hoping he wins, but predicting he wont :(
Miner - great programs this year

For ladies, I'll take:
Czisny - GPF was a fluke...no one skates that badly twice in the same season
Nagasu - She could actually win if she would just smile a little during the routine.
Wagner - If Flatt shows up fit and ready, Ashley and Mirai may have to settle for 3rd and 4th.
Flatt - Her Firebird routine is the best of the group. I hope she nails it.

I agree about Rachael's program, even though she didn't do well on the gp I thought it had a lot of potential. if she skates a clean short and long she will be at least top 4.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
i am not going to make any predictions why==
i think they have already made up their minds about who is on the podium.

they have a short list for each.

normally i would because the falls, missteps, little bobbles, screw up was the level playing field against the top skaters that competed.

not so anymore -why you can blow you program and still win . if they want you you to win, medal -they will make it so by the pcs scores to keep you up there. if not they wont.

just look at the gp series to see that happening.

so for med the people int he running for the medals for ladies is as follows
alissa, mirai, rachel, ashely,
pairs,
i don't know
coughlin/denny, evora, ladwig, and maybe a couple of thers
dance

d/w shibs, hubbell/donohue, chock/bates, and maybe a couple others

I think that's true on the international level. I wonder if the judging is more "fair" (note the quotes) at the national level. It seems that maybe they should've held up Jeremy and Adam last year. Did anyone really think Ryan Bradley and the two kids could keep 3 spots?

Anyway: Men
1. Jeremy. Unless he really, really bombs.
2. Ross Miner
3. Adam Rippon

Women
1. Alyssa. Possibly held up by PCS
2. Ashley
3. Rachael
4. Mirai --though I hope not, I don't trust her. She should be dominating,she's got the most talent

Pairs
Several indistinguishable teams will practically tie, then switch partners.

Dance
1. Obviously, duh!
2. Shibs
3. Maybe Chock and Hubbell

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
While I find your pairs prediction funny, PoodlePal, I do think we shouldn't coun't E/L out. I actually admire them for sticking to it despite their past challenges and quite frankly while D/C is hyped very much at home and they did well in Skate America, I think judges clearly are willing to score E/L better if they are clean.

I am rooting for them to win the national title personally. D/C has potential, but too hyped given what they have brought to the table so far.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Interesting IP. I think you're the only person out there that would put Rachael in third, given her poor GP standing. What's your thought process behind this?

1. I want it to happen, so it's a hopediction (hope + rationalization in the form of a prediction)

2. Czisny is the prohibitive favourite: she will have the PCS to back her up and even with her inconsistency this season, she's demonstrated fight and commitment. A clean short will give her room to breathe for the long.

3. Wagner has a monster fire in her belly this season. I think she realizes it's now or never time. She's actually made improvements in areas that have lost her points (those two-foots/URs). I think because her international reputation is a little shaky, she'll have to skate flat out and rely on Nagasu to err.

4. But it's the third spot you asked about. My honest answer would be "I have no idea and think it would be hilarious to see her pull it off given the massive amount of ire she gets on the internet" but more to the point

a) I think she's a hard worker. Now, she might not get to the level of fitness she needs to be at to truly be competitive (in the way you want to see an American lady, at any rate), but I think a strong work ethic will help her get above what she was doing this year.

b) Neither she nor Nagasu has ideal training environments - Nagasu trains at four rinks (it was reported) and has a garagantuan commute. If there was another American lady who was doing well, I'd probably have given her the slot - before this season, I had it for Zawadski. But right now.... I don't know who it is (Cesario was my shot in the dark, but I can't put her any higher).

c) Nagasu.... doesn't have the programs. Doesn't have the work ethic. Nothing about her situation is ideal. And while she's comeback from disappointment (her 2009 LP at Nationals) I have to wonder if this is the year she CAN do it. For all the talk of the judges not holding Flatt up, Nagasu's PCS at SC were 48 and change (56+ at CoC). National judges tend to inflate those they have in mind as the best chances, so I don't think Nagasu can count on that.

d) If everyone's clean, Nagasu's in second. Just don't see that happening, though.

While I find your pairs prediction funny, PoodlePal, I do think we shouldn't coun't E/L out. I actually admire them for sticking to it despite their past challenges and quite frankly while D/C is hyped very much at home and they did well in Skate America, I think judges clearly are willing to score E/L better if they are clean.

I am rooting for them to win the national title personally. D/C has potential, but too hyped given what they have brought to the table so far.

E/L's problem comes from base value/GOE. They just won't do all that well there, even if they are clean.

brightphoton

Medalist
The Detroit Skating Club recently had their send off to Nationals. Here's Alissa's long program. :disapp: :disapp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR2Wfuj1XHA

I find her new costume interesting. She is wearing a shress, or sheer dress, making her white underwear very prominent. I waver between thinking that it's an avant-guarde fashion statement that I simply don't understand and that Alissa is trying to save money by using a thinner fabric.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^
well she just came off an injury, hopefully her falls will improve or she'll be in shape at nationals :disapp:
and the dress, I don't like it too.. ( I heared someone said, WOW on the background noise. LOL ) :sheesh:
I hope those transparent dresses aren't starting a trend

I have been noticing a couple of skaters wearing that lately

Last edited:

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
My top 6 predictions:

Men
1. Abbott
2. Miner
3. Rippon
4. Dornbush
5. Aaron
6. Farris

Ladies
1. Wagner
2. Czisny
3. Keiser
4. Nagasu
5. Wang
6. Zhang

Pairs
1. Evora/Ladwig
2. Denney/Coughlin
3. Marley/Brubaker
4. Donlan/Speroff *crossing my fingers*
5. Castelli/Shnapir
6. Vise/Baldwin

Dance
1. Davis/White
2. Shibutani/Shibutani
3. Hubbell/Donohue
4. Chock/Bates
5. Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt
6. Samuelson/Gilles

tulosai

Record Breaker
The Detroit Skating Club recently had their send off to Nationals. Here's Alissa's long program. :disapp: :disapp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR2Wfuj1XHA

I find her new costume interesting. She is wearing a shress, or sheer dress, making her white underwear very prominent. I waver between thinking that it's an avant-guarde fashion statement that I simply don't understand and that Alissa is trying to save money by using a thinner fabric.

I'm trying to not sound too harsh here, but I find her costume to be hideous and the multiple falls to be very unnerving. I really like Alyssa and wish her well but she's going to need to improve a lot over the next week and a half (or else other ladies are going to need to make a lot of mistakes) if she wants to make the podium. Is she still injured??

DianaSelene

Medalist
Of course, I do not know if Czisny will perform well at nationals, but the way she skated right now makes me feel like she will not be national champion again. At the same time, I remember being nervous for Tuktamisheva at russian test skates when she bombed many of her jumps. But she did very well at the grand prix series.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ok finally ready to make some top 3 predictions

Ladies:

1. Nagasu- major wildcard but having seen what Alyssa out out there recently have to go with her. I think she has a 1 mistake advantage over Wagner who never keeps it together at Nationals. Really though top three could come in any order and I would not be shocked. I also wouldn't be shocked at a total upset.
2. Wagner
3. Czisny :disapp:

My top 6 predictions:

Men
1. Abbott
2. Rippon
3. Miner

Pairs

1. Denney/Coughlin- if they show up i's theirs. I join in the people who really respect E/L but they don't have the tech content and I think D/C will be propped up slightly regardless.
2. Evora/Ladwig
3. Marley/Brubaker

Dance
1. Davis/White
2. Shibutani/Shibutani
3. Samuelson/Gilles -more of a wishhope than a real prediction :)

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Alissa - what are you thinking - wearing little more than a white bikini !!

NOOOOOOOOO!