Weir ties the knot | Golden Skate

Weir ties the knot

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wowow.. so the rumour were true! Fantastic news, congrats Johnny and Victor!!

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
All the best to Johnny and Victor! They look so happy.

macy

Record Breaker
congrats to them! he has so many good things going for him.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Congratulations! ... I always thought that Johnny would be the "wife" instead of "husband" though.

ivy

On the Ice
Darn - one more skater I have to cross off of my potential husband list ;)

Congrats to them - hope to see them rinkside with a tot skater soon!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I am surprised as he seems so...young. But I wonder if this will be a lasting union? I suspect not but wish him well. I liked his skating a great deal, esp, in his championship days. Very fluid.

doug_log

On the Ice
Congratulations to Johnny and Victor! They are quite the handsome couple. I must admit that I'm more excited about his possible to return to competitive skating than I am about his wedding, but I suppose that's how it should be: I'm a skating fan, not Johnny's husband!

Just imagine if Weir, Lysacek, and Abbott were all at Sochi!

OT, but in Michigan the governor just made an announcement about the recently passed law prohibiting public employees from receiving sposal health benefits for same-sex domestoc partners. Under the new interpretation this does not apply to employees of public universities because of their constitutional independence from the state legislature.

It is not clear whether the state legislature can withhold the money spent in this way from the universities' budget requests.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Johnny and Victor! They are quite the handsome couple. I must admit that I'm more excited about his possible to return to competitive skating than I am about his wedding, but I suppose that's how it should be: I'm a skating fan, not Johnny's husband!

Just imagine if Weir, Lysacek, and Abbott were all at Sochi!

I don't think Johnny can compete with Chan, Daisuke, Evgeni. I'd like to see Adam Rippon get it together by Sochi. He is just awesome when confidently skating. And Lysacek, Haynu and Javier. Johnny had his day. I think he will not make the team in 2014, though it's great he wants to be skating as well as he can. I sure would not mind seeing him skate at Nationals again.

Last edited: