Schedule now up on website | Golden Skate

Schedule now up on website

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The PDF detailed schedule and practice groups are now up on the San Jose website.....
These usually change a bit so I am not going to print my copies out for a week or so....
TWO WEEKS THREE DAYS 22 HOURS TO GO BUT WHOSE COUNTIN'?

Nadine

Record Breaker
Copied & pasted from what I wrote earlier in another thread:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL RIGHT!!!!! :love: :love:

I just checked my local listings and it states that the "US Championships Skating Spectacular" starts at 11AM PST here in Seattle, which means I can watch Donlan & Speroff skate to "Time To Say Goodbye": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUkSrH3cH20

I didn't think I would be able to do so because I take care of my older sister's kids on the weekend, but it's on early enough that I *will* have time, YES!!!!! :yay: :clap: :party2:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Omgosh I just realized they're showing all the bronze medalists, but NOT the pewter medalists. :cry: :cry: :cry: This means they won't be showing my fav pair Donlan & Speroff. :(

Gracie Gold just skated & I LOVE the music & costume she's wearing, but what's missing is some joie de vivre, effervecense, which Rachael Flatt has in tons! Not to mention Oksana Baiul. I wish Gracie would "smile", just smiling pulls people in, leastways me. Here's hoping she learns to express herself more on the ice because what she has now is FANTASTIC, the foundation for future success. :)

verte76

On the Ice
Excuse me Ross just skated and he was a bronze medalist but they talked to Alissa and Adam, silver medalists.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I know how disappointing, even showing Ashley Wagner's FS, when NBC could have easily put in Donlan & Speroff during that time slot. :( Ah well, at least Denney & Coughlin will be shown. :)

Isn't this fun? Did anyone see Evora/Ladwig skate? I thought that program was just stellar. Those lifts! And the flow of everything from one move to the next. That's what happens when a couple skates together for ten years. It's also the advantage that Virtue/Moir and Davis/White have in ice dance.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thus far Adam Rippon's skate has been my favorite....he set a mood and didn't deviate from it....honestly Jeremy Abbott better watch out, Rippon has everything (just like Abbott) and can easily overtake him one day. Mark my words. He almost made me cry. Lovely, lovely, lovely, no words (just emoticons). :love: :love: :love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I missed the first hour! enjoying what I've seen so far - which is surprising - and wow Rockne sure has grown up since last I remember watching him

As much as I adore Alissa, though, I think Josee Chouinard did better with "Moon River"

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oh My God, I've never seen this skate by Alissa Czisny to "Moon River" before....she's in another hemisphere, a class of her own....when she skates like this I wish she could be Olympic Champion one day. She has EVERYTHING a lady skater should have. Worthy successor to ALL of our US Ladies Champions of the past. My absolute favorite skate thus far (almost tied with Adam Rippon, but Alissa wins by a hair). :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Did anyone see Nathan Chen and Gracie Gold? It was my first time seeing either of them. Golly, what talent! Now I see what the fuss is all about. I guess I'm not going to get bored with skating anytime soon. What do we think--Nathan for the 2022 Olympics? (Which will probably be held on the Moon.)

Alissa was magnificent. She spins as if she invented centrifugal force. Additionally, I really love that skating outfit. It's so gracefully constructed and sophisticated. Just enough ruching on the bodice to give it drape and shape, and then the sleek skirt. I wish she'd wear it for her free skate instead of that overdone fluffy nighty.