Project Runway All Stars - Did Anyone Watch???? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Project Runway All Stars - Did Anyone Watch????

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will say it again, I don't get Austin. I didn't get the first piece on the runway. It looked like holsters or a place to put ice cream cones. I guess I always think that area is off limits due to making the hips look larger.

I'm Ok with Mondo winning because I love how he puts material together that shouldn't go together.

I loved Michael's collection and I do understand that his clothing was a little more than what you would find at Target or some of those kinds of stores. I loved the 2 piece pant & top that looked like one piece.

heyang

Record Breaker
I agree with Dee. I didn't get Austin's 1st piece.... what women wants bigger hips? I understand the appeal of the lacquered dress, but it also had a huge loop of fabric on one hip. I also didn't think this red/black evening dress complimented the model. ...and I didn't understand that bunny tail of pink tulle on the back of the leatherette skurt. I'm surprised none of the judges commented.....the only dress of Austin's that I liked was the wedding dress. There are a # of pieces of Austin's that I didn't like at all during this season - I never saw his 1st season.

mmcdermott

On the Ice
I'm so happy Mondo won! I thought he was robbed in Season 8, so it's great to see him finally come out on top this time. I love how he always does his best work when he's super-stressed and uninspired. You know he's going to come out with something great in the end when he struggles to find inspiration and hates all his fabrics. Interesting creative process - I think this happens to a lot of artists.

I also really like that he came up with a variety of looks that would appeal to different people and work for different occasions, while still being a coherent collection.

I agree with others about Austin - loved the wedding dress but that's it. His explanation of the collection was really bizarre, too. It was OTT, but then, that's Austin.

Michaels' collection I liked but I thought it was too much of the same thing. I'm surprised the judges didn't say anything about that. It also reminded me of Anya's collection from Season 9. You can tell Michael really appreciates women and understands what women want to wear. I don't get that impression from Austin at all.